Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #14866
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
What's one of these?

I assume it's a side stand foot but it's not in their accessories list. Pt No please.
Triumph don't do one.

Touratech is a good one. Minor modification if a centre stand is fitted ( grind off a corner) Works a treat.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #14867
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
This will probably get moved to the regional area....

Hello to all Tiger Riders!
For the past 10 years, I’ve ridden 120K on road bikes (primarily on Honda ST1300’s) and I was constantly turning around every time the pavement ended.

Well a 2011 800XC followed me home about a year ago and has nagged me continuously for all kinds of upgrades and add-ons.

But during this farklefest, I was able to put on a respectable 12k of mixed pavement, gravel and two track miles. All the non-paved riding was completely new to me (having never been off pavement on a bike before). Fumbling through some of the more technical sections on the WABDR I can see why a lighter DS is preferred. But I made it! No drops! No crashes! (I know….I wasn’t really pushing myself right?) What I like best about the XC is it’s a fantastic road bike that keeps going when the tarmac stops.

So the question to my fellow Tiger riders is where and when to meet?
The proposal is this:
• The Tigers gather at the Deshutes River Campground. It’s easy to get to, not completely rustic (running water, vault toilets, showers), gas and restaurants are close by.
• Sometime in May or June we gather for a Thursday-Sunday campout. The later we make it the less snow we’ll find in the mountains.
• There is a multitude of rides with in a 100 mile radius. Two-track, forest service and twisty paved can all be ridden nearby.

Chime in…..
Who wants to hookup?
Im in!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #14868
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Triumph don't do one.

Touratech is a good one. Minor modification if a centre stand is fitted ( grind off a corner) Works a treat.
Just FYI, my Touratech side stand foot was a piece of shit. It fell off. I talked to Alt Rider and they said theirs is better attached and it doesn't get in the way of the center stand.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #14869
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
+1

Hey Thomas did you make your way south or go home to re-group?
At home regrouping, waiting for a break in the weather. Your CBR250 inspired me to buy a Ninja 250. Six of us doing the road enduro Sunday.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #14870
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
So the question to my fellow Tiger riders is where and when to meet?
The proposal is this:
• The Tigers gather at the Deshutes River Campground. It’s easy to get to, not completely rustic (running water, vault toilets, showers), gas and restaurants are close by.
• Sometime in May or June we gather for a Thursday-Sunday campout. The later we make it the less snow we’ll find in the mountains.
• There is a multitude of rides with in a 100 mile radius. Two-track, forest service and twisty paved can all be ridden nearby.

As some of you know, I'm one of the cofounders of the Bennington Triumph Bash, an annual Triumph rally in southern Vermont. One of the other cofounders, Tito, moved out to Idaho earlier this year and was recently hired on as the Customer Relationship Marketing and Promotions Manager for Birds Of Prey Motorsports just outside of Boise. One of the things he's planning to do in his new role is start a western sister rally to the Bennington Triumph Bash.

Or, of course, you guys are always welcome to use the BTB as an excuse to ride east! You wouldn't be the first. First year we had a guy ride out from Seattle on his Bonneville.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #14871
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Strider.Deano - I'm in. If in June, may want to do it earlier than later - avoid all the summer vacationing motorhomes, once school gets out & campgrounds fill up. Cheers, j
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #14872
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
Your CBR250 inspired me to buy a Ninja 250. Six of us doing the road enduro Sunday.
Cool on the Ninja.

I may ride the enduro Sunday also.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #14873
jcshew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Rear LED Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
Thanks for the great feedback everyone! Really glad you all liked it.

I'm waiting for a mod to get back to me to decide where to best put the thread and my creation. Then I'll PM everyone and we can get the orders going.

I'll figure out price, time and shipping this week too.

p3

Hi pilot3,

I'll take two please. Thanks.
jcshew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #14874
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Just FYI, my Touratech side stand foot was a piece of shit. It fell off. I talked to Alt Rider and they said theirs is better attached and it doesn't get in the way of the center stand.
Alt riders unit since they had to redesign it looks like crap. My Touratech has been on for nearly 2 years without issue. If yours fell off I suspect it was incorrectly fitted.

Sent from my Tiger 800
Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #14875
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcshew View Post
Hi pilot3,

I'll take two please. Thanks.
You are on the list and thanks! I moved the thread to Vendors here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838111

That's where I'll post up the latest news now.

p3
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #14876
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Alt riders unit since they had to redesign it looks like crap. My Touratech has been on for nearly 2 years without issue. If yours fell off I suspect it was incorrectly fitted.

Sent from my Tiger 800
incorrectly fitted? its not a space shuttle. it fell off because it bashed against the center stand over and over again while riding about 4,000 miles of all off-road. i had to tighten it over and over and eventually it fell off. its not durable at all and does NOT fit correctly with a center stand. i suppose if you just ride down the highway all the time it will last 2 years. ill take function over looks any day on a piece like this...

fbj913 screwed with this post 11-01-2012 at 12:24 PM
Old 11-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #14877
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
incorrectly fitted? its not a space shuttle. it fell off because it bashed against the center stand over and over again while riding about 4,000 miles of all off-road. i had to tighten it over and over and eventually it fell off. its not durable at all and does NOT fit correctly with a center stand. i suppose if you just ride down the highway all the time it will last 2 years. ill take function over looks any day on a piece like this...
Did you have the stronger centre stand spring installed (SB430)? I installed my foot with locktite. Never loosened and I ride all sorts of roads and tracks. I have found it to be totally durable. Admittedly I had to modify a corner for the centre stand but the foot was available before the centre stand. Alt Rider's 1st edition couldn't even be modified to fit, hence their mark 2 version. And to my mind it's not as secure looking as the touratech.

You might want to also consider
http://www.amcmoto.co.uk/side-stand-...fter-2011.html
Old 11-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #14878
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,294
Quote:
If I were going to get one today, this is the route I would take. That looks like a first rate piece.

I was the poster boy for the AltRider mk.I foot; in AltRider's defence, they came through with a mk.II as soon as I reported issues. It may not be perfect but it's pretty durable and as it's working just great, I'll keep using it.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #14879
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Did you have the stronger centre stand spring installed (SB430)? I installed my foot with locktite. Never loosened and I ride all sorts of roads and tracks. I have found it to be totally durable. Admittedly I had to modify a corner for the centre stand but the foot was available before the centre stand. Alt Rider's 1st edition couldn't even be modified to fit, hence their mark 2 version. And to my mind it's not as secure looking as the touratech.

You might want to also consider
http://www.amcmoto.co.uk/side-stand-...fter-2011.html
glad yours has worked out. mine sucked. i'm pretty sure touratech knows it sucks too because they gave me a half refund just for telling them my story.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #14880
the_babaji
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:

Funny, Opposite experience here, had an alt rider lost it in short order, have had the Touratech foot for what seems like ages and I haven't lost it yet.

Who knows, I may have smashed the Altrider on a rock and lost it that way.
the_babaji is offline   Reply With Quote