ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #14881
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,345
just talked with the dealer a couple hours ago. my new Ohlins rear shock is on its way! I can't wait!!!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #14882
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
just talked with the dealer a couple hours ago. my new Ohlins rear shock is on its way! I can't wait!!!
How much if I may ask?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #14883
Johno33772
Johnny Africa
 
Johno33772's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: St Petesburg, FL
Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
just talked with the dealer a couple hours ago. my new Ohlins rear shock is on its way! I can't wait!!!
Installed the Hyperpro spring kit on my XC....big improvement over stock...the rear may be little stiff...but for $300 it was hard not to try the Springs...
__________________
KTM 1190R / XR500 Street tracker project/ KTM 500XCW / KTM 300XCW / Sherco 2.9 / Honda ZA50,Ural Patrol
Johno33772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #14884
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
How much if I may ask?
not sure yet. i would call your dealer or do some googling...
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #14885
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Xcountry-Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
Triumph Tiger Radiator Guard

I ordered the the Triumph Tiger 800 radiator guard and it came yesterday, It goes for about 80 bucks or so. I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the grill guard pictured on the sales websites are not the actual radiator guard that comes in the mail. Its different and i think it actually looks better.


Picture on web sites


Actual Radiator Guard


Installed on the Bike.









I actually like the one that came better than the one pictured on the Triumph sites. Its cheaper than the Touratech and Altrider guards and i think its looks good on the bike.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #14886
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
I ordered the the Triumph Tiger 800 radiator guard and it came yesterday, It goes for about 80 bucks or so. I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the grill guard pictured on the sales websites are not the actual radiator guard that comes in the mail. Its different and i think it actually looks better.


Picture on web sites


Actual Radiator Guard


Installed on the Bike.









I actually like the one that came better than the one pictured on the Triumph sites. Its cheaper than the Touratech and Altrider guards and i think its looks good on the bike.

sorry but, is your front tire on backwards?
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #14887
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Xcountry-Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
sorry but, is your front tire on backwards?
Dude never noticed that before. Holy Crap!! Your right!! I need to take a trip down to Southbay motorsports who put it on.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #14888
mjr
Adventurer
 
mjr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 26
Just got rid of the C-14 & got a white 800xc.
mjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #14889
jimjim
Just another FF!
 
jimjim's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: oHIo
Oddometer: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
Just got rid of the C-14 & got a white 800xc.
Congrats from a fellow Buckeye and Tiger rider.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #14890
jimjim
Just another FF!
 
jimjim's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: oHIo
Oddometer: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
I ordered the the Triumph Tiger 800 radiator guard and it came yesterday, It goes for about 80 bucks or so. I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the grill guard pictured on the sales websites are not the actual radiator guard that comes
Looks similar to my EP guard.



jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #14891
live2ridetahoe
RN
 
live2ridetahoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Dude never noticed that before. Holy Crap!! Your right!! I need to take a trip down to Southbay motorsports who put it on.
Is that a Hidenau K60?

Check the rotation marks. I think it might be correctly installed. Looks weird, but I think mine is similar.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #14892
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Xcountry-Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Is that a Hidenau K60?

Check the rotation marks. I think it might be correctly installed. Looks weird, but I think mine is similar.

JG
Yes its a K60, Just checked all is well. Nothing to see here folks keep walking :)

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 05:52 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #14893
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Yes its a K60, Just checked all is well. Nothing to see here folks keep walking :)
It LOOKS backward, but when you think about it, when does the tire need maximum traction and water shedding ability? Under braking! That's why so many front tires have "backward looking" tread.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #14894
SMIFFXC
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SMIFFXC's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
It LOOKS backward, but when you think about it, when does the tire need maximum traction and water shedding ability? Under braking! That's why so many front tires have "backward looking" tread.
The shop actually did put my K60 front on backwards. I noticed it a couple days later and they had to swap it. It does LOOK backwards!
SMIFFXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #14895
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFXC View Post
The shop actually did put my K60 front on backwards. I noticed it a couple days later and they had to swap it. It does LOOK backwards!
But is correct as you can just see on my bike far left.


fjb913 I suggest you get you tyre swapped around.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 40000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014