ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Ask Baldy, blame AceRph
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #16
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer
 
crazybrit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 8,558
bug? especially the last part?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689134

Works fine if I enter the above url or t=X&page=Y variant.

In the second post on the top thread, there are a set of links to specific posts, if I follow one of those and then select the "Thread" link in the upper corner I go back to viewing multiple posts but the URL is now of the form: p=X#postY and the decrufter stops working. Weirder still, if I then select one of the "page X of Y" links at the top of the page I'm back to the t=X&page=Y URL but the decrufter is still not working.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
James Adams OP
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689134

Works fine if I enter the above url or t=X&page=Y variant.

In the second post on the top thread, there are a set of links to specific posts, if I follow one of those and then select the "Thread" link in the upper corner I go back to viewing multiple posts but the URL is now of the form: p=X#postY and the decrufter stops working. Weirder still, if I then select one of the "page X of Y" links at the top of the page I'm back to the t=X&page=Y URL but the decrufter is still not working.
You are correct. The extension figures out the thread ID from the URL. When you click on one of those "page X of Y" links, it doesn't actually load the page, it just loads the posts from that page and it doesn't look at the URL again, so it still doesn't know the thread ID.

I'll fix it, there's another way to find the thread ID that would probably be more reliable.
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,318
Do you think you could make this work with the Chrome Extension "Autopager"?

Autopager allows a thread to be one continuous scroll. Your extension works for the equivalent of the first 3 pages then starts showing all hidden posts.
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #19
James Adams OP
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Do you think you could make this work with the Chrome Extension "Autopager"?

Autopager allows a thread to be one continuous scroll. Your extension works for the equivalent of the first 3 pages then starts showing all hidden posts.
I'm not familiar with Autopager, but it seems like it's doing a similar thing in the background and the two are interfering with each other. The show/hide labels are added after my extension loads each page, so posts that are loaded by Autopager won't be processed by my extension.

You are probably seeing it work for the first three pages because my extension loads the first three pages in the background.
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
I'm not familiar with Autopager, but it seems like it's doing a similar thing in the background and the two are interfering with each other. The show/hide labels are added after my extension loads each page, so posts that are loaded by Autopager won't be processed by my extension.

You are probably seeing it work for the first three pages because my extension loads the first three pages in the background.
That's what I was thinking.

I used a similar setup in firefox, with the thread decrufter and autopager. Thereby giving one long scroll of the OP's posts and nothing more. It's pretty nice.

Autopager loads several pages at once, then as you reach the bottom it takes a second but loads a few more pages and continues your scroll. Would it be possible to have your declutter load again when autopager re-loads?
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #21
sandalscout
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,124
Finally made the permanent switch over to Chrome about two weeks ago, and decided to find something similar to the bolty.net tools. These work great! Thanks for putting this online for all of us to use!
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
James Adams OP
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,156
Thanks! I use it all the time myself and haven't really felt the urge to change anything, so I'm glad it works for you, too.
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,833
I am using Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94 and tool 1.16 and when I click hide from the menu nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
James Adams OP
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I am using Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94 and tool 1.16 and when I click hide from the menu nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions?
What thread are you doing this on?
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #25
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
What thread are you doing this on?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834987
ok that's weird... it is now working.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #26
James Adams OP
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834987
ok that's weird... it is now working.
Sometimes it won't work if the thread is still loading, maybe that was the case?
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #27
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
Sometimes it won't work if the thread is still loading, maybe that was the case?
According to the browser the page is loaded. It seems inconsistant, I just went back to the thread and the clutter is no longer hidden. I should mention I am using Chrome on a Mac.

EDIT: When I click Hide, Chrome indicates Java Script Void.

rockinrog screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 09:14 AM
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #28
Andrew UK
over socialised
 
Andrew UK's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: South America
Oddometer: 58
Works great. Thank you for your hard work.
Andrew UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #29
James Adams OP
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew UK View Post
Works great. Thank you for your hard work.
Thanks!

I still use it every day and can't really think of anything else to add to it.
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
Jarvis
DC GSer
 
Jarvis's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Washington DC
Oddometer: 10,653
Awesome tool, thanks!
__________________
Support DC voting rights.
Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014