Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #16
jgrady1982 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
There are only two of the four screws holding the oil sump pan thing in plce, I had to drill out the other two screw, and I did it crooked. Will this be okay? It seems tight and does not move.
jgrady1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
reepicheep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Dusting off an old thread... How'd it turn out? I'm doing a cafe conversion on a 78 KZ-400 now. Mine does not have those cam "shells". I wonder if those are stock, or if they were a repair for a previously spun cam?
reepicheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #18
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,250
just saw this thread. I did something similar a couple years ago except I went Dual Sport 440...

the whole series of the bike is an orphan though.... no rings, no pistons, etc. fun to do but an exercise in futility because the engine power it pretty underwhelming.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
jgrady1982 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by reepicheep View Post
Dusting off an old thread... How'd it turn out? I'm doing a cafe conversion on a 78 KZ-400 now. Mine does not have those cam "shells". I wonder if those are stock, or if they were a repair for a previously spun cam?
My KZ is a 1975, I believe that those "shells" were only specific to the 1974-1975 models???

It took me forever to find a gasket kit that would fit them. I ended up having to order one out of Canada.

I have made absolutley no progress with the bike. I have turned my garage into a machine shop and right now the frame is sitting behind my lathe. Once I get my mill "de-greased" and hooked up to power. The next project is finishing the bike. I think that now I have all the tools needed to finish the job...hopefully!

Hopefully this winter I will get that thing put back together. Thanks for the reply though...I need to get that thing completed!
jgrady1982 is offline   Reply With Quote