ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #46
apt13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 469
thanks!
i swear guys! /7 shirts are coming, along with XXL versions of everything. i had to put them on the back burner for a sec, but i'm ramping it back up. might even have some hoodies for the winter.

also, after the /7 is done, i'll be moving on to other motorcycle brands tanks. could be fun! thanks again!
__________________
----
'78 R80/7
'74 CB360
Airhead Tshirts!
apt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #47
Mud Wessling
n00b
 
Mud Wessling's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Athens, Jo-Ja
Oddometer: 1
Thumb These shirts are awesome

I got both of these and love them. The printing is first rate and "breathes" so you don't get a sweaty chest like other big ink prints. If you can't decide which one to get I highly recommend just getting both, they're sweet.
Mud Wessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #48
apt13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 469
had a few people over the last couple days ask me about these. for the record, i DID NOT make them. and needless to say i am a little upset about the whole thing.

__________________
----
'78 R80/7
'74 CB360
Airhead Tshirts!
apt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
khale
ride dirty
 
khale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt13 View Post
had a few people over the last couple days ask me about these. for the record, i DID NOT make them. and needless to say i am a little upset about the whole thing.

God those look so shitty. Well, to be fair, you didn't have permission from BMW to make the shirts you designed, so really it's free market for anyone to design a similar shirt. I'm still sorry to see someone see your design and rape it. I don't hear too many great things from many people about Boxerworks in Watkinsville.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSW | 1972 BMW R75/5 toaster | 2011 Husky TE310
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #50
khale
ride dirty
 
khale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 555
Whoever did that design also ripped off Pep Boys. Looks like they need to go back to graphic design school 101.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSW | 1972 BMW R75/5 toaster | 2011 Husky TE310
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #51
apt13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
God those look so shitty. Well, to be fair, you didn't have permission from BMW to make the shirts you designed, so really it's free market for anyone to design a similar shirt. I'm still sorry to see someone see your design and rape it. I don't hear too many great things from many people about Boxerworks in Watkinsville.
i agree. i didn't invent the tank stripes. but it is a bit of a bummer that they took my exact shirt design and put their name on it and in doing so pass it off as their own. shit, i would have made an actual "good" shirt for them if they would have asked. just bummed me out. oh well. screw 'em.
__________________
----
'78 R80/7
'74 CB360
Airhead Tshirts!
apt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #52
khale
ride dirty
 
khale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt13 View Post
i agree. i didn't invent the tank stripes. but it is a bit of a bummer that they took my exact shirt design and put their name on it and in doing so pass it off as their own. shit, i would have made an actual "good" shirt for them if they would have asked. just bummed me out. oh well. screw 'em.
Totally agree, man. I'm completely on your side. I'd be upset too. I just hear real shitty things about that shop, so it doesn't surprise me. Keep up the cool idea though. I still love my shirt and would happily buy more from you.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSW | 1972 BMW R75/5 toaster | 2011 Husky TE310
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
Boxerworks
g00b
 
Boxerworks's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 56
Eh? for the record...

a friend forwarded this to me and for the record I AM BOXERWORKS. I didn't steal dudes Tshirt design and I have NOTHING to do with that guy in Watkinsville...
http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1610439
__________________
Used & NOS parts for airhead BMW's
Boxerworks.com
Boxerworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #54
apt13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 469
sorry i didn't meant to cause a huge stink. i just didn't want anyone thinking i made those shirts (as i did sell a good bit of them in georgia). i know it wasn't you, matt, so no worries.

as for more shirts, i have designs done, but had to hold off from printing them in order to get the bikes running. aint that always the way? hopefully soon though! and i'm trying to think of a new way to make them more "mine" for the next round.

hope everyone is doing well!
__________________
----
'78 R80/7
'74 CB360
Airhead Tshirts!
apt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #55
Boxerworks
g00b
 
Boxerworks's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 56
Thumb Tshirts....

I like your work. Next tshirt I do maybe I'll come see you for design work. Sorry for your troubles... & BTW if anyone is interested I am a solid Airhead wrench, I charge $50 per hour and i pick up and drop off. I'm a good source for parts too. See y'all on the road....
Matt@boxerworks.com
__________________
Used & NOS parts for airhead BMW's
Boxerworks.com
Boxerworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #56
SERE Nate
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Oddometer: 123
Did you ever make the /7 shirts?
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #57
khale
ride dirty
 
khale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt13 View Post
sorry i didn't meant to cause a huge stink. i just didn't want anyone thinking i made those shirts (as i did sell a good bit of them in georgia). i know it wasn't you, matt, so no worries.

as for more shirts, i have designs done, but had to hold off from printing them in order to get the bikes running. aint that always the way? hopefully soon though! and i'm trying to think of a new way to make them more "mine" for the next round.

hope everyone is doing well!
I'm a total fan boy, but would you be interested in making t-shirt designs for the new GSW?
It doesn't have quite an iconic vintage tank, but I still think there's room for a cool design. Just a guess, but I think a shit ton of folks over in the GSpot would buy em, myself included.

__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSW | 1972 BMW R75/5 toaster | 2011 Husky TE310
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #58
apt13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
Did you ever make the /7 shirts?
unfortunately, no. i had to divert the shirt funds into actually getting my bike back on the road. haha. i'm sure you all understand. hopefully i can pick this all back up soon and get back on track with it. i'm actually in the process of starting an actual full line, which these will most likely be folded into. we'll see.

thanks for giving me a shove for motivation though! haha. i need it!
__________________
----
'78 R80/7
'74 CB360
Airhead Tshirts!
apt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #59
apt13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
I'm a total fan boy, but would you be interested in making t-shirt designs for the new GSW?
It doesn't have quite an iconic vintage tank, but I still think there's room for a cool design. Just a guess, but I think a shit ton of folks over in the GSpot would buy em, myself included.

that would actually be pretty interesting. i'll keep it in mind. definitely worth exploring. thanks!
__________________
----
'78 R80/7
'74 CB360
Airhead Tshirts!
apt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #60
SERE Nate
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Oddometer: 123
do you have any of the large /6 left?
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014