User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #106
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,945
heated grips

I just installed some oxford heated grips on my '07 FZ6 and they work great but I am looking for ideas on how to tuck away all the extra wiring that you end up with since the battery is literally a foot away from the bars. I tucked most of it away in the left side fairing but it is not as clean as I'd like it to be. Anyone care to share some ideas?
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #107
Data
Chameleon

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Does anybody else have the givi sidecase racks and HATE the turn signal relocation?
I have a 2006 FZ6 with Givi top and sidecases. The sidecases are the small top loaders and the turn signal relocation kit took some time and patience to install, and it bugged me for about five minutes. It works fine and looks normal now- I only wish they had made the brackets from aluminum instead of steel.

I often ride with the wife and cases and the bike does just fine. It never feels overloaded and we even have some room to move around (and neither one of us are anorexic) with full gear on. I do keep the rear tire at max pressure and try to minimize the weight in the topcase.

I have never had one bit of mechanical trouble with it.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #108
MattR302
Awesomeness, Inc.

Oddometer: 75
Looking for Givi side racks.

Hey guys. I bought a 2007 FZ6 earlier this spring. Its pretty much stock except for a Puig screen, frame sliders, and I added a Givi topcase.

I picked up a pair of Givi E360 sidecases from a local inmate a few months ago. If anyone has a Givi or SW-motech side case rack for an 07-09 FZ6 they're looking to sell, please PM me. Thanks!

1998 Suzuki DR350SE - Miscellaneous
MattR302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #109
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,832
you might post a want to buy ad at fz6-forum.com

Congrats on the new bike!
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #110
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,945
Anyone here who has a FZ6: Have you ridden it back to back with a SV650? Can you tell me what you thought of the SV compared to the FZ?
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #111
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Wtb

I know this is a bit of a stretch on this site, but I'm interested in buying a front fairing for an 07 Fz6. Must be the redish color. I'm also looking for a red right side cover. I have cash in hand for local deals and i can paypal money. Ready to buy. The parts must be in pretty good shape (some small scratches okay, but no major scuffs or cracks.)

Let me know,

Andrew
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #112
KLR771
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Anyone here who has a FZ6: Have you ridden it back to back with a SV650? Can you tell me what you thought of the SV compared to the FZ?
I had two 2007 FZ6's one for touring and one for track days. I took the the track FZ out to the best road in Texas and got into a road race with a SV650 . The SV pulls much faster out of the corners because it has a lot more low end torque like most v-twins do. The FZ is harder the ride fast on a tight road, It makes its power above 8,000 rpm . The FZ is faster in the 1/4 mile and top speed and smoother and makes 35 more h.p., better mpg, wind protection . I still have a FZ and now own a SV1000s the FZ and SV are both good bikes .
KLR771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #113
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,401
I snagged a friends FZ the other day. So far I like it. I wasn't going out of my way for a new bike, it just fell in my lap.

Anyone happen to have a shad rack they want to get rid of?

The bars need to go. The angle kills my wrists, I'll try rotating them up a bit first but I feel like they should be a bit straighter out.

Seat needs to go. Thinking the comfort seat or a used Corbin. Anyone local have one I can try out?

I'll be riding it down to Miami within the next few weeks.

Man this bike has ZERO wind protection, I've been freezing my ass off on it, but then again it's been in the 20's... My concours is like a 2 wheeled heater and is GREAT in the winter time. no wonder why people gave me weird looks riding in my mesh gear in the low 40's and upper 30's on it.....

Already put my Ortlieb bags on it, perfect fit. Think I'm going to go for that Axio tankbag, it seems to be the only thing that fits well and has any decent capacity to it. Right now I have a Marsee ADV tankbag on it and as long as there is some weight in it it fits well.

Or maybe I'll mount my Kriega tank adapter on it and run a strap on bag on that.

I did have a very bad first day with it. Some idiot on a bicycle slammed into me and later that day some bitch decided it was ok to sit on the bike in a parking lot and knocked it over....Broke the clutch lever and snapped off the license plate light (from the ortlieb strap). Bitch.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #114
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks

Thanks. I'm an active member on that forum too. I contacted the second guy already and the other two have more damage then mine.

Thanks alot thought! I appreciate it!

Still Looking
Old 12-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #115
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
I snagged a friends FZ the other day. So far I like it. I wasn't going out of my way for a new bike, it just fell in my lap.

The bars need to go. The angle kills my wrists, I'll try rotating them up a bit first but I feel like they should be a bit straighter out.

Seat needs to go. Thinking the comfort seat or a used Corbin. Anyone local have one I can try out?

Man this bike has ZERO wind protection, I've been freezing my ass off on it, but then again it's been in the 20's... My concours is like a 2 wheeled heater and is GREAT in the winter time. no wonder why people gave me weird looks riding in my mesh gear in the low 40's and upper 30's on it.....

Already put my Ortlieb bags on it, perfect fit. Think I'm going to go for that Axio tankbag, it seems to be the only thing that fits well and has any decent capacity to it. Right now I have a Marsee ADV tankbag on it and as long as there is some weight in it it fits well.

Or maybe I'll mount my Kriega tank adapter on it and run a strap on bag on that.

I did have a very bad first day with it. Some idiot on a bicycle slammed into me and later that day some bitch decided it was ok to sit on the bike in a parking lot and knocked it over....Broke the clutch lever and snapped off the license plate light (from the ortlieb strap). Bitch.

That is really strange, my FZ6 has great wind protection and the seating position is about as upright as you can get. The one you rode must have been a naked conversion with some aftermarket clipons or it was a different bike.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #116
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
That is really strange, my FZ6 has great wind protection and the seating position is about as upright as you can get. The one you rode must have been a naked conversion with some aftermarket clipons or it was a different bike.
Regular FZ-6, but like I said, I'm getting off a C-10 concours. I can ride that bike in 40 degree weather with shorts and a t shirt and I'm warm. All the engine heat hits ya in all the right places and wind is virtually non existent.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #117
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer

Risers

Also, anybody have a set of risers theyre looking to sell? Preferably the 1 up 1.25 back or just 1 up.

Money ready to paypal

Let me know
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 AM   #118
breesej
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:

Try the bars from a 2006 FZ1. I had Rox risers and a FZ1 bar and loved it. Heated grips, Corbin seat, a cat elimination pipe from Arrow, dual headlight trick and a few other mods made this a really good bike. I'm kind of sad that I sold it.
2 4 R
breesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:22 AM   #119
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda55 View Post
Also, anybody have a set of risers theyre looking to sell? Preferably the 1 up 1.25 back or just 1 up.

Money ready to paypal

Let me know
I've got a set of genmars, 1.25 up and 1.25 back in black.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #120
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer

I'll take them!

Quote:
I've got a set of genmars, 1.25 up and 1.25 back in black.

You didn't need to lengthen the cables for that right? If you didn't, I will take them.

How much would you want for them shipped to Quakertown, PA 18951

-Andrew