jdcross OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
Update?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
On Oct 2 Dave emailed me a store credit for the amount of the repair ($574.80) and said he would call me about it.
He didn't call so I emailed him on Oct 3 and asked the credit be applied to my VISA so I could get my refund.

I called Dave on Oct 10 to enquire about the VISA credit. The receptionist said Dave would call right back. He didn't call.
On Oct 16 I called Dave again. I left another voicemail asking him to confirm my VISA credit or send a cheque.He didn't call or email back
On Oct 17 I emailed Dave again pointing out he hasn't called as he said he would on Oct 2 and again I requested the amount be credited to my VISA.

To date no reply from Dave from either phone calls or emails and no credit on my VISA account nor cheque received.

A store credit is no use to me as I'm 1100 kms away.

I know Dave has many fans in the Calgary area and perhaps one of them would like my credit and use it at Dave's store?
Please email me at jdcross@shaw.ca if you are interested.

Jim
jdcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #62
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcross View Post
On Oct 2 Dave emailed me a store credit for the amount of the repair ($574.80) and said he would call me about it.
He didn't call so I emailed him on Oct 3 and asked the credit be applied to my VISA so I could get my refund.

I called Dave on Oct 10 to enquire about the VISA credit. The receptionist said Dave would call right back. He didn't call.
On Oct 16 I called Dave again. I left another voicemail asking him to confirm my VISA credit or send a cheque.He didn't call or email back
On Oct 17 I emailed Dave again pointing out he hasn't called as he said he would on Oct 2 and again I requested the amount be credited to my VISA.

To date no reply from Dave from either phone calls or emails and no credit on my VISA account nor cheque received.

I know Dave has many fans in the Calgary area and perhaps one of them would like my credit and use it at Dave's store?

Jim

Perhaps friends of this shop are selective in what they want to believe. I must thank you for bringing this situation to my attention, so that I may avoid this shop at all costs.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #63
Lee C
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Pissed

Quote:

Jim
Wow this guy is a Scumbag
Lee C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #64
MCP
Studly Adventurer

I don't get it ....

why does Dave who has been around a long time (I used him about 1999) let this go on and on like a bad dream for $574.

Wouldn't you want to set this straight, and move on.
MCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #65
jdcross OP
Adventurer

On and On is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP View Post
why does Dave who has been around a long time (I used him about 1999) let this go on and on like a bad dream for $574.

Wouldn't you want to set this straight, and move on.
I surely can't explain why this is dragging on.
There have to be some factors that I don't know about as the firm's behaviour is not normal.

Maybe Dave has partners and he doesn't have the authority to send a refund without their approval?
Or perhaps there is a bank or receiver involved who won't let Dave make refunds?

I would love to have this sorted and finalized

Jim
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #66
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,791
Bought!

A $100. item there once and returned it the next day. Took an hour to get my crummy $100. back. Not sure I'd ever have any work done there. Don't have to worry now. Got rid of the Beamer. Got Yamaha.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #67
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 3,155
Quote:

Maybe Dave has partners and he doesn't have the authority to send a refund without their approval?
Or perhaps there is a bank or receiver involved who won't let Dave make refunds?

Jim
Shouldnt matter, the maggot should send you the 574 bucks in cash and let you keep the useless store credit, so you can sell it for a couple hundred bucks to a Calgary inmate. That's worth the aggravation costs over the last few months.

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #68
MCP
Studly Adventurer

I was thinking

the same thing.

Something is preventing him from pulling the trigger on your credit. You probably burned through $574 in aggravation and time already, so ask for $1148, good luck.

Quote:
I surely can't explain why this is dragging on.
There have to be some factors that I don't know about as the firm's behaviour is not normal.

I would love to have this sorted and finalized

Jim
MCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #69
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,452
I think that he is hoping that it will just go away if he ignores it long enough. He doesn't know the staying power of bad press.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #70
BeemerNut
n00b

Oddometer: 1
screwed up repair work

I was charged a big bill for a light valve job, lightly touching the seats and valves on a 1,300 original mile 850 Norton my show and garage queen. International Norton Rally 1st place winner.
Returned head from Raybor's with a butchered up valve job requiring Phil Radford the Norton GOD of Nortons requirting replacing valve seats, valves and valve guildes all that Raybor's destroyed.
Not only my money back after mentioning next step filing a Small Claimes" case if not refunding my money into my account. I had Phil Radford repair all damage done by Raybor's Honda mechanc, Raybor told me later his Honda mech didn't know a thing about valve jobs on Norton heads.
Hell Raybors forgot the intake valve seal on one cylinder, other cylinder had a stem seal installed.
What I call a basket case or a parts bikes Raybor's have at $3,900 a rusty pile of crap in boxes like one 750 Triumph.
Myself being too busy with a rally coming up farmed out my Norton head vs doing a valve job in my shop with my proper tools.
Lesson learned to keep on doing my own bike work and repairs like the past 40 plus years, quality control by me.

Your RD problem, hell yeah file a small claims case against this POS shop should he not refund your money, this also looks good for others to read and stay away from this said shop.
With Tom Cutter correcting the RD problems you have a good shop (Cutter's) backing your up in small claims.
I hope it was worth future repair job losses by others reading this and your RD repair.
Good luck don't give up, shops (some dirtbags around) should not be in business screwing people over plus not correcting.
With my case I refused to have Rabor's "try and correct their damage", no thanks. Radford yes.
.....~~=o&o>......

BeemerNut screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 06:14 PM
BeemerNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #71
klondike1
Nobody in particular

Oddometer: 456
Send him a link to this post. It will let him know that the issue is spreading very far and that people from other provinces/countries and continents will be very wary of his dealership. Might be enough to get him off his ass to correct the problem.
2007 BMW F800ST(Blue Boy)
www.danieljenkins.ca
klondike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #72
jdcross OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klondike1 View Post
Send him a link to this post. It will let him know that the issue is spreading very far and that people from other provinces/countries and continents will be very wary of his dealership. Might be enough to get him off his ass to correct the problem.
Another forum member said that Dave is aware of this thread so I don't need to send him the link.
I'm still trying to reason out why Dave would not simply refund the money, and move on.

We all make mistakes in life.
Its how we handle these mistakes that show how much substance there is to a person or a business.

I'm still hoping Dave will show he's an honourable person and do the right thing.

Jim
Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #73
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,047
Quote:

I'm still hoping Dave will show he's an honourable person and do the right thing.

Jim

I'd say its a few months late for that...
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #74
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder View Post
I'd say its a few months late for that...

10-4

you cannot "unring" a bell
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #75
klondike1
Nobody in particular

Oddometer: 456
No offense but i think the coming good for it ship has sailed. I do feel for you though.
2007 BMW F800ST(Blue Boy)
www.danieljenkins.ca
klondike1 is offline   Reply With Quote