Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #1126
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
Julio and Luisa, I have been following your RR With much interest. We met at Rob's house in Wasilla. Congratulations on a successful trip. It was a pleasure to meet you. Dick. (green shirt in the BBQ pix)

Hi Dick, good to have you along . I still dream about your pickeled Halibutt
The trip is not over yet , we still have a long way to go and lots of new places to see .
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELGUY View Post
Please post some photos of Creel. I'm going there in January and would like to have a preview. Glad you had a enjoyable trip to the states. I hope to meet you whenever I get back to Guatemala.

TravelGuy.

I posted a lot of pictures when I came through Creel on our way up north in May ; we spent a week here in the area, hiking, riding down to Batopilas.... Tons of pictures,look them up. Be prepared for cold temperatures in January, maybe even some snow
Would be great to meet you in Guate
Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #1127
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hermosillo-Basaseachi

Mex 16 from Hermosillo to Chihuahua is a great road, pretty soon after Hermosillo the mountains start and it seems like the twist and turns will never end

We had a great lunch here at this place in Yecora,good traditional Mexican food

Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #1128
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,608
Pics aren't working, Julio. Check the permissions.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #1129
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Pics aren't working, Julio. Check the permissions.
Thanks for telling me, on my computer it worked stillfine but now that I checked on another one I saw what you mean. I have to find out what happened
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1130
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Basaseachi

We have been in Basaseachi in May on our way up north, but there was no water at that time . So I was really looking forward to see this fall with water . We stayed at a nice place , less then 1 KM from the mirador away . Nice cabins with fireplace, kitchen and gas heating in the bedroom

I had seen similar construction technique in cabins around Lake Tahoe

The next morning we hiked up to the viewpoints of the fall

Another nice way to enjoy the spectacular views

At night it gets pretty cold up there , way below freezing point

Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #1131
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Copper Canyon

Yesterday I went to the Divisadero,Copper Canyon with my friend Shawn,aka nailit2em.
It was very strange coming back to this place , that impacted us in a very significant way on our way up north . I don't know how to explain it, but it was not the same . I was again impressed by its breathtaking beauty, but the magic of the first time was gone . We were not sure if we should go back to some of the places we liked most on our way up...now I know . We will remember those places with all the magic of the first time, maybe in a few years , but not now.
But we definitely will visit some of our friends that we made on our way up north; people and places are two different issues.
Yesterday I didn't take any pictures of the Barrancas, I have hundreds in my mind and my computer . I took quiet a few of my friend Shawn , because that's what yesterday was all about : Getting a chance to ride with him and to show him what was an important part of our journey
Thank you for taking the effort and ride all the way down to visit us

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #1132
klous-1
RTW on a 125cc

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
I don't know how to explain it, but it was not the same . I was again impressed by its breathtaking beauty, but the magic of the first time was gone .
I remember reading Ted Simon's "Return to Jupiter" where he re-ride his trip, though some thirty years later, which filled me the idea that going back anywhere is a bit of a no-no. He seemed to be fairly well disappointed the whole time, though perhaps didn't say as much.

Makes me think too, I've been riding some really nice places recently and was thinking "Why is this not as good as the last few days...which weren't as beautiful but somehow I was really happy there and in awe...here I'm just....not. But shouldn't I be?" and so, what makes a good ride and a bad one, and does it really matter what you see or is there "something" else more important? And what is that, and how can I find it?

Or, even, is it's all just a big fat waste of time? (It's not...just kidding!)
klous-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #1133
Radioman
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,042
have to remember not to re-ride. i have fond memories of riding copper canyon last year on our way in Mexico. Stunning!!

Ride safe!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #1134
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 718
Servus!

Did tonight's earthquake affect your home at all?

I hope not!

Nice views!

BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #1135
nailit2em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
[QUOTE=GuateRider;19980487]Yesterday I went to the Divisadero,Copper Canyon with my friend Shawn,aka nailit2em.
It was very strange coming back to this place , that impacted us in a very significant way on our way up north . I don't know how to explain it, but it was not the same . I was again impressed by its breathtaking beauty, but the magic of the first time was gone . We were not sure if we should go back to some of the places we liked most on our way up...now I know . We will remember those places with all the magic of the first time, maybe in a few years , but not now.
But we definitely will visit some of our friends that we made on our way up north; people and places are two different issues.
Yesterday I didn't take any pictures of the Barrancas, I have hundreds in my mind and my computer . I took quiet a few of my friend Shawn , because that's what yesterday was all about : Getting a chance to ride with him and to show him what was an important part of our journey
Thank you for taking the effort and ride all the way down to visit

Julio I had a great time with you and Luisa! This was one of the many places I read about in your RR that I wanted/want to see. Being able to see it with you added that much more! It's just too bad that it was so close to home for me in Kansas City.

I'll start on my own RR soon. I'll make sure to add that the table cloth at the restaurant in Hidalgo De Parral was green with white stripes

Ride safe and keep my dreams coming!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 AM   #1136
motorradrudi
tourguide

Oddometer: 353
Great RR and pics!

Thank you very much!

Best greatings from Germany
Rudi
motorradrudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #1137
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klous-1 View Post

Makes me think too, I've been riding some really nice places recently and was thinking "Why is this not as good as the last few days...which weren't as beautiful but somehow I was really happy there and in awe...here I'm just....not. But shouldn't I be?" and so, what makes a good ride and a bad one, and does it really matter what you see or is there "something" else more important? And what is that, and how can I find it?
I do believe that there is something else, it's not so much about what you see, but how you see it .
What is it ? Maybe your level of energy at the moment???
How can I find it ? Don't look for it, let it find you

Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #1138
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
have to remember not to re-ride. i have fond memories of riding copper canyon last year on our way in Mexico. Stunning!!

Ride safe!
On my 30 month long trip around South America in the late 70 and early 80 I stuck to the idea of never going back, and it worked out fine for me . I still carry great and magic memories with me.

Ride safe and keep smiling !
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #1139
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSkye View Post
Did tonight's earthquake affect your home at all?

I hope not!

Nice views!

Hi Barb,
thanks for asking . Unfortunately it did affect a property of mine in Guatemala City; the damage seems to be not to big,they are still working on the evaluation.

Glad you are enjoying the views
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #1140
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=nailit2em;19996054]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post

Julio I had a great time with you and Luisa! This was one of the many places I read about in your RR that I wanted/want to see. Being able to see it with you added that much more! It's just too bad that it was so close to home for me in Kansas City.

I'll start on my own RR soon. I'll make sure to add that the table cloth at the restaurant in Hidalgo De Parral was green with white stripes

Ride safe and keep my dreams coming!

We had a great time as well !!
Looking forward to your RR , you will have to do it a different way this time since I didn't see you taking any notes over dinner

Safe travel back home (and don't run out of gas again)