Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
f800_chris OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Removing BMW Rallye 3 Logos

Hi,

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, I did search the forums and didn't find any advice on it anywhere, so I thought I'd just ask this question directly.

I own a BMW Rallye 3 jacket, which I LOVE, except for one thing. The huge BMW logos on the sleeves. For whatever reason, I just don't like big logos on my apparel. I've heard of people removing these, but I'm curious what a safe way to actually remove them might be. If anyone who has removed them before, or who might have some advice on how to remove them, please, I'd really appreciate the advice.

Cheers,
-Chris
f800_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by f800_chris View Post
Hi,

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, I did search the forums and didn't find any advice on it anywhere, so I thought I'd just ask this question directly.

I own a BMW Rallye 3 jacket, which I LOVE, except for one thing. The huge BMW logos on the sleeves. For whatever reason, I just don't like big logos on my apparel. I've heard of people removing these, but I'm curious what a safe way to actually remove them might be. If anyone who has removed them before, or who might have some advice on how to remove them, please, I'd really appreciate the advice.

Cheers,
-Chris

They're just sewn on. Just cut the stitching and they come right off.

Don't forget to remove the ones on your bike, too. They're even bigger.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Oddometer: 4,862
Ya know...even if you take the BMW logo off, everyone will still know it's a Rallye 3.

Just saying.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....and Welcome to the Assylum mate.

Now post pics of Boobs.

The Self-Preservation Society
08 Triumph 1050 Toight like a Toiger
Bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
Ya know...even if you take the BMW logo off, everyone will still know it's a Rallye 3.

Just saying.

It ain't like we, or anyone else for that matter, have never seen one before.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,384
I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket I use when it's hot and it used to have a lot of patches stating that this is indeed a Joe Rocket product. All the patches are sewn on and I used a seam ripper to remove the stiching; keep in mind to do this when the jacket is new so you don't get the sun fade on the jacket where the patches used to be.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
f800_chris OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post

Just saying.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....and Welcome to the Assylum mate.

Now post pics of Boobs.
Thanks for the welcome! As for everyone still knowing it's a Rallye 3, well I realize everyone who rides will know what it is, this is really about non-riders. I ride to work every day, and I just hate feeling like I'm showing off when I come into the office with all this logo bling, and the comments that people make about it.
f800_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! As for everyone still knowing it's a Rallye 3, well I realize everyone who rides will know what it is, this is really about non-riders. I ride to work every day, and I just hate feeling like I'm showing off when I come into the office with all this logo bling, and the comments that people make about it.
I could give a shit what they think about my gear.

Most will wonder why you wear all of the kit regardless of absence of recognizable logos or type-treatment. Why in the world would you apologize for doing something you enjoy? Your bike probably costs more than some of your co-worker's cars. Are you worried about them?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Oddometer: 4,862
Quote:
the comments that people make about it.

Fuck that noise mate, I bet the guy with the Prius makes sure everyone in the office knows he drives one.
Wear what you want and remember in life theirs Sex, Motorcycles.... then everything else.

Edit: I forgot...

sex
Motorcycles
BACON

Then everything else....Fixed.

The Self-Preservation Society
08 Triumph 1050 Toight like a Toiger

Bollocks screwed with this post 11-01-2012 at 10:52 AM Reason: I forgot Bacon!!!
Bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,306
I had a Harley leather jacket with a huge bar and shield sewn on the back. Like the O.P. I cut the threads and took it off.

After all Rugged Individualists are confident enough to not brag about it.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,845
I don't like to advertise brands unless I'm being paid (or get something at a steep discount) to
So If I can I remove logos, stickers, brands and all that stuff.
Including the embroided logo on my Timbu2 messenger bag.
I stripped the 26 different logos, stickers, decals and 3D badges off of my Toyota Taco Pre-runner TRD V6 SR5

A seam ripper is a very good friend, look for one with the longest handle you can find and the sharpest thinnest point/blade thing. An Exato blade, the pointy one works very well.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
I have taken a lot of logos off of clothing (Carhartt ,etc). There was the stigma of a portion of Harley riders that have logos head to toe . I looked at the rondel on my Rallye 3 suit when I bought it and thought "that won't be there long ",I will take care of it in short order .But alas ,it has grown on me .Bake in the day when I was adament about removing labels I learned that a utility knife is not your friend . Go to the fabric store and get some professional tools or you will screw up the base layer. I don't have time to remove logos these days . I have too much else to do.
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
Lujo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
This sounds a lot like the thread in response to my question about removing logos from a Rallye 2 a while back. (They come off easy.)
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #13
wncbmw
nOOb in post count only

Oddometer: 68
Just don't buy a Klim jacket if you want to remove logos.Trying on the Latitude, I believe there were at least 7 versions of the Klim logo on the thing! I swore the next time someone posted on the BMW logo on a jacket, I would bring that up!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #14
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 7,276
I just gave mine to a local seamstress, she unpicked and then sewed the new ones on - I wasn't that fussed about the outer later as it's the liner (in mine at least) that's the waterproof layer.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #15
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Rev'IT stuff is like wearing a billboard! I've loved the jacket over the years, but hated the advertising. So, I started to pick off all the stitching, but it turns out the patches are adhered to the jacket (heat press i guess?). I settled for coloring the lettering all black to blend in more. Maybe some day I'll iron on another 'blank' patch on top of the billboard. I know you can buy some cars without logos and labels... why not these jackets??