Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,874
Is Moto Machines a valid Hepco & Becker distributor?

I have been looking for some new crash bars to replace the very well used ones on my 2005 r1200gs. I currently have a set of Hepco & Becker and I have been very pleased with the protection that they offered.

In the past when I was looking for a new set of H & B bars it appeared that they no longer had a US distributor, which lead me to look at other flavors of crash bars. I had been looking at the AltRider bars, and they look nice but pricey.

Fast forward to last night when I decided to look and see if Hepco & Becker was once again available in the states. I came across this.
http://www.motomachines.com/ Listed as the US distributor.
I did a site search of ADV and found nothing about them. For the search I went to Google and searched site:advrider.com "moto machines"
The copyright at the bottom of their webpage is 2012.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had used them before or had any useful knowledge about them they would care to share. They have a phone number listed and I'll probably give them a call next week.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,809
I bought a set of the H&B crashbars for my 2012 Wee Strom. Excellent and timely service and shipping from Moto Machines. It took about four days to get from New Jersey to Seattle. I would buy again from them without hesitation.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,874
Just an update. Seeing as another inmate had heard and used them before I placed an order for a set of crash bars Sunday. Monday about noon I received an e-mail from them with a UPS tracking number saying they had shipped. Last night the brown santa visited my house. They were very well packed with lots of bubble wrap and fragile stickers on every side of the box. I thought it was funny, especially for a set of crash bars. This just means all the marks they will end up with are all me, unlike my first set years ago that arrived slightly scratched.

Just wanted to share. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote