Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #211
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Well, had to pull the plug on our team. Shit.

Still going, I hope they stocked up on Corona.
What happen??
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #212
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,875
Just a lack of riders and money. We lost some key people and couldn't replace them. We have been trying to make it work, but there is no way we are going to do it competitively with only four riders.

We were testing the bike last night and finally came to the realization that we were trying to force it to happen and that's not a good thing.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #213
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Just a lack of riders and money. We lost some key people and couldn't replace them. We have been trying to make it work, but there is no way we are going to do it competitively with only four riders.

We were testing the bike last night and finally came to the realization that we were trying to force it to happen and that's not a good thing.
Bummer, sorry to hear that.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #214
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

Oddometer: 5,958
nothing worse than getting a week out and having problems and calling it off.. happened last year for the V2R for me... I would volunteer but im only 48 and 1/2...
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #215
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,652
I have photoshop....
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #216
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,727
Quote:

That sucks. My team has been at that decision many times throughout this process but luckily I'm stubborn as hell and can convince my other personality to race.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #217
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

what class were you riding???
Old 11-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #218
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
what class were you riding???
We were starting 30 seconds ahead of you guys.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #219
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We were starting 30 seconds ahead of you guys.
Thats not good !!!!
are you still going down?
we may need a support driver up on top?????
were you riding with Jim O'Neil

Baja Dad screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 02:44 PM
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #220
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Yeah, O'Neal/Winkleman team. I just met one of your guys last weekend, Boyer, Bill, Bob?

One guy bailed at the first whiff of financial crisis, no warning or anything, then Mike Korenwinder started having chest pains at the gym and ended up having 2 stints put in a couple weeks ago, we found some guys but then, and I don't want to go into details, we had another rider quit at the last minute. We tested last night, then had a little conference and decided it was time to throw in the towel. I am pretty bummed.

Me and my chase guy are going down to Loreto to help chase for our 21 team. And drink.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #221
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, O'Neal/Winkleman team.
Me and my chase guy are going down to Loreto to help chase for our 21 team. And drink.
sounds like FUN !!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #222
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

brapppp

Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 11-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #223
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

Lr

Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #224
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
That's my team! Terrible Herbst Monster Energy Trophy Trucks #'s 19 & 49. LR is really funny when it comes to pre-running, I'm glad Mike Smith & the boys at the Herbst shop totally re-built his pre-runner. He likes to pre-run by himself, no one else in his truck or following along.

At the 500 we met up with him in Valle de Trinidad as he was getting fuel and buying a case of beer. The race course was going over "The Summit" which is real technical and had all of the car guys crying like little girls. LR was buying the beer because he had promised the guys with Baja Fools out on Laguna Salada (at the other side of The Summit) he would bring them beer if they werre going to be there. He had forgot the beer the first time so he was going back. He was like: "WTF it's not that bad, I'll just run over there drop the beer off and I'll see you back in Ensenada at dinner." Jajajajajajaja!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #225
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
That's my team! Terrible Herbst Monster Energy Trophy Trucks #'s 19 & 49. LR is really funny when it comes to pre-running, I'm glad Mike Smith & the boys at the Herbst shop totally re-built his pre-runner. He likes to pre-run by himself, no one else in his truck or following along.

At the 500 we met up with him in Valle de Trinidad as he was getting fuel and buying a case of beer. The race course was going over "The Summit" which is real technical and had all of the car guys crying like little girls. LR was buying the beer because he had promised the guys with Baja Fools out on Laguna Salada (at the other side of The Summit) he would bring them beer if they werre going to be there. He had forgot the beer the first time so he was going back. He was like: "WTF it's not that bad, I'll just run over there drop the beer off and I'll see you back in Ensenada at dinner." Jajajajajajaja!
Heard he can ride a dirt bike too.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote