|11-08-2012, 09:29 PM||#1|
Joined: Nov 2012
Project n'gagi - '75 BMW r90/6 to cafe racer
How's it all going?
I am new to the forums in a registered member sense, but I have been lurking often in forms of research for my bike before buying it.
Quick run down:
26 years old
live in Sydney
currently ride a '06 VTR1000f which I love, man I love Honda's
just purchased my 1975 BMW r90/6 which I am going to do a full strip/rebuild in to a cafe racer
So this is my bike on its way home:
The bike itself is in mechanically really good condition, engine is strong as, and the only leak is the one fuel tap...hopefully it stays that way :) cosmetically it needs love, but thats why I got it, it would be boring otherwise!
Bike set for tear down
Bike stripped down:
Looking over the frame this is the worst of the rust which was located under the master cylinder
What I plan to do:
- repaint the frame/sub-frame/drive shafr with 2pac paint
- aqua blast engine and gearbox to shine it up
- build own bubble cowl for the rear and have a crack at building a seat as well
- repaint tins and newly constructed cowl with 2pac paint
Questions I have
- the front and rear fenders are fibreglass, do you guys paint strip/prep/paint or sand/prep/paint?
- that damn master cylinder - which master cylinder from which bike will suit a handle bar relocation? which one have you guys used?
- is it worth updating all of the ignition gear? coils etc?
- I am looking at rebuilding the front forks and carbies where can i get rebuild kits? anywhere in Australia?
- I want to put some rear sets on, I have some bolt on kits on the net, they look the goods or is there any better ideas?
I will do my best in keeping this thread updated with the bike build, but I am really going to take my time and do this nicely to one sweet ass build
Project n'gagi begins 07-11-2012 -- Get involved!!
2006 Honda VTR1000f
1975 BMW R90/6
Hearse screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 11:02 PM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|