Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Although, I could use one of these Red Vibes, a 150 cc, but with a retro look much different than my Agility...

or go with another color like this one in powder blue...

They MSRP at $1599. I could get a feel for the bike, the response from the public, and if they fell apart (which I doubt, plus they have a warranty), would only be out $1599. Plus I would have another scoot! Could it be a tax write off? :)
Thanks again guys!
Ken
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,382
Yep I aggree used make more cash per sale then new does. Selling membership to you store like one does here and offering gear at 40 percent mark up instead is a nice idea. Really that is one way to go. Far to many local shops can't sell at the same price on the online guys. When I can but a nolan n90 helment for 210 and the local shops are going to want 350 for it. Volume can always make up for discounting . Selling new bikes is never the major place to make money. Here a online dealer mag: http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews . This is worth taking lots of time to look through. Since you a usa also know there tons of programs both state and Federal for loans , grants , etc. Often there is training to be found for free and most importation mentor-ship through them with someone whom been in the business. NEver ever go into business without at least 1 years worth of funds to make it . Even then 80% fail more then once before they get it right. Even understanding the old who , what , where and why is often forgetton. Why buy? Who is buying? where? , when? Even tv ads that hock people through been silly etc can make you will off. Eg wa, vern fock insurances ads. watch them online if you can. Selling stuff in ads is ether shotgun or riffled approach. one goes hail scooters and hope for interventionism . the other Knows and shot the customer off there bike and into your store for a new bike and some band aids. Even beyond this you go how your marage? you kids? after spending months away from them for a year or 2 can it handle it? Really with at least 4 computer sims saying 2030 there is world wide depression is it worth it? If this cost you everything you hold dear would you give up?
Seeing the building you might be able to turn it into a place to live , work and sublet to other shops . Even sub letting to artist etc. You know the dumbest thing is I sound like a successful business man but just read far to much. So I do know this shit , do know what you want is hard to do. So is it going to be your lover or your noose that hangs you if it fails? Ether way grab something in life by the balls and enjoy the ride of your life . You just hope the bull doesn't kill you if you fail off. My take on life is at the end you just never want to be the one saying I could have ,I wish, Remember that woman. I thought it was to risky. I l freely admite often living like that fock everything up but include leaving me certain health issues but Fock it , it was a grand ride will it lasted. at lest I live life, I do mean live , nor just went through the motions like far to many do. Woops I mistook everyone reading this for psychologist but even he says he s leaving me if I don't shape up.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 01:09 AM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #18
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
I don't mean to be a downer but when yamaha is still trying to flog 2009 scooter for 2100 bucks out the door where I live how much could you make on selling them?
Some of them cost no more then $100..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #19
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Hi Full Metal and Cortez. Thanks!
Scooters selling for less then $100? Where? I will buy them all!
Full metal, I like your comment. I understand the troubles of owning a small business. As a Realtor, I own a small business. Yes, it put strain on my marriage (we are divorcing). I still love my children more than anything in this world, and despite the marriage break up, I wouldn't change my path. Certainly, my eyes are open to the challenges!
Cortez, thanks for stopping in! You are the man! You have inspired me on my journey, as your posts were some of the first that I found when doing research as to which bike to buy. Notice my Kymco Agility. You had one, and have said you miss it...
The power of the internet is amazing. I know Cortez is from Eastern Europe, and Full Metal is not from the US. That I can get advice from around the world blows me away...
Thanks again!
Ken
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #20
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyT View Post
Hi Full Metal and Cortez. Thanks!
Scooters selling for less then $100? Where? I will buy them all!
Full metal, I like your comment. I understand the troubles of owning a small business. As a Realtor, I own a small business. Yes, it put strain on my marriage (we are divorcing). I still love my children more than anything in this world, and despite the marriage break up, I wouldn't change my path. Certainly, my eyes are open to the challenges!
Cortez, thanks for stopping in! You are the man! You have inspired me on my journey, as your posts were some of the first that I found when doing research as to which bike to buy. Notice my Kymco Agility. You had one, and have said you miss it...
The power of the internet is amazing. I know Cortez is from Eastern Europe, and Full Metal is not from the US. That I can get advice from around the world blows me away...
Thanks again!
Ken
Hey!

You're most welcome.. glad I could help.. too bad that some advice
sometimes gets "translated" the wrong way.

Glad you like the little Agility, need to get some 12 or 13gr Dr Pulley
sliders if you haven't already for a nice transformation.

As for the $100 scoots..
That's the info I got from a local importer of some crappy scoots
a couple years back when I was working in a scoot shop.

He said that for orders greater then 500 he got the entry level models
for more or less $100! The "expensive" ones (with 12" wheels and
bigger all together) were up to $250.

When a cople of them broke, he would send us the whole new scoot
to take parts from, wasn't worth having spare parts and messing around
with that.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
I've heard great things about Linhai, specifically the Linhai Aeolus line. One word of caution with ANY Chinese-sourced product is to drain and replace ALL fluids during PDI, and inspect the bikes carefully, preferably with the body panels off.
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 288
I'd steer someone buying scooters away from them, so I'd have to steer someone looking to sell scooters away from them, too. Being "the best of the Chinese" scooters is not a good line.

You might be able to get some volume from the low-priced sales, which is the strategy most Chinese scooter dealers take, but if you want to stand behind them, then A: how much support will you get from the manufacturer (and for how long? they aren't an established brand and your factory support could disappear), and B: how much time will you and your mechanic have to spend fixing them? Warranty labor could eat up that profit margin very quickly...
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #23
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,382
yep the internet , I remember running a BBS with a 2400 K modem and bouncing message from one BBS to another. I even in 1996 could have go toyata.ca and other domains that were still not reg. My how things change. Even buying stuff wholesale has changed. Once it was had to find the dealer etc. Now it's easy. With scooter company I wonder if any are running deals like one to show and one to go specials. Buy one and get one cheap as a demo. Really I would look for a rep china company that still got 2009 stock left to blow out the door. If the big japan guys are still trying to get rid of stuff from 2009 whom knows what the china seller have left. I once hear that at one point there was a 3 year suppy fridges sitting in china . Thats how much didn't get sold. Even phone dealers up and buying the old stock makes you cash. Even breaking china scooters down to there bits can make you more cash then sell one. an engine can be worth more then a bike. There are people whom but new popular models motorcycle and do just that. it might cost them 15 grand but they end up making twice that because almost no one has the part new used.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #24
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph View Post
I'd steer someone buying scooters away from them, so I'd have to steer someone looking to sell scooters away from them, too. Being "the best of the Chinese" scooters is not a good line.

You might be able to get some volume from the low-priced sales, which is the strategy most Chinese scooter dealers take, but if you want to stand behind them, then A: how much support will you get from the manufacturer (and for how long? they aren't an established brand and your factory support could disappear), and B: how much time will you and your mechanic have to spend fixing them? Warranty labor could eat up that profit margin very quickly...
+1

Every single motorcycle shop with a mechanic jumped on the opportunity
to repair the chinese scoots thinking that a lot of work = a lot of money.

They were wrong.

Most of them now won't touch any of the Chinese brands, and some of
them were even authorized dealers/importers.

We got around 20 different brands (you get to pick your own name if
you import enough), and none of them had parts available for more then
6-12 months.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #25
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,240
Yeah, I wouldn't buy one or recommend one to someone else.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #26
itsforrest
Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer: 330
The fact is that there is a strong market out there for inexpensive scooters.
Working on Chinese scooters can be a good business if you are smart and understand the scooters, and more importantly, know the supply chain for parts.

I work in a scooter shop and our mainstay is working on all kinds of scooters. The business model is not like the standard dealership model. The supply chain is not the same as the big Japanese or European brands but most parts are readily available. In many cases, parts for Chinese scooters are easier to get and less expensive than Japanese scooters and almost always more so than Italian stuff. A CDI for a Honda Metro can sell for a few hundred dollars. A CDI for a Chinese scooter can sell for about $50. The Chinese part arrives in a few day. The Honda sits in the corner of our shop, still waiting a couple weeks later. The Chinese CDI fits many models and many brands of scooters. The Honda CDI is specific to that model for a few years only.

I have seen many people who ride their Chinese scooters every day for transportation and are very happy with them. I have seen many people buy European and Japanese scooters that were totally, un-repairably dead in just a few thousand miles. It works both ways equally.

From what I've seen, used scooters aside, the worst stuff out there is the stuff people have delivered to their garage in a crate and try to assemble themselves. It is not uncommon for people to spend nearly the purchase price or even more over the first months or year to get them running right.

As to the original post, our shop just got in 4 new Bintelli scooters. The distributors are trying very hard to do things right for their dealers. Time will tell but it looks good so far. We have not set up or run any of them yet but they look pretty solid and are well assembled compared to lots of other new stuff that has passed through our shop. We are also a Sym dealer. With a few exceptions, they have been very good scooters and bikes. The distributor support and parts availability is very good.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #27
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't buy one or recommend one to someone else.
But someone will. Maybe a few someones.

And if their experiences are positive, and the scooters reflect the extra care in PDI/parts upgrade/overall quality that the Bintelli people claim on their website (and which have been repeated here-and-there in industry press), then word will spread.

Meanwhile, even pro/con, "maybe good"/"maybe bad" discussion threads such as this will generate a little publicity, and there is no such thing as bad publicity. It can only result in at least a few people giving them a try - if they're for real, that fact will emerge, and the brand may well grow.

They are starting with an at least better-then-average (among mainland Chinese) platform, Znen. That Znen is better than average was established by the marketplace - buyers and users - who also developed the info that it has been largely in the performance of distributors doing PDI/parts replacement/support where the basic bike suceeds or fails.

All those factors are specifically addressed in Bintelli's annoucements - they are not stupid, but keenly aware of the well-justified criticisms of China scoots and their often dubious marketing here. You must figure that sooner-or-later, someone would begin to break out of the shitty-china-scoot-dumped-unsupported pattern.

redhandmoto screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 01:44 PM
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
Cortez
BAZINGA!

One of the problems that scared most away from servicing Chinese brands
is the degradation of the reputation a certain bike shop has. When the bike
fails, it is never the bike's fault - it's always the mechanic/shop, even if you
bought the bike elsewhere.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #29
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Hi Cortez, Redhand, its forest, hex nut, full metal, seraph,bb. Wow. Thanks so much for stopping in! The wealth of knowledge one can gain from following threads is amazing. So much great insight that can be had by starting a thread...
Cortez, I don't know what this slider thingy is you talk about, but I will have one of my mechanics sow me ow once I get this dealership off the ground...
I continue to be very interested in Bintelli Scooters, because I have heard toning negative from those who have seen or touched them. I hear they give great support to the dealers too. Most of the negative thoughts are from guys (myself included!) who have never touched one...
I have called two of their dealers today (left msgs) and will speak with some tomorrow.
In the meantime, I just finished my next post in the series , My Dream is becoming a reality.
I hope you all rerun to and read it. Appreciate all your insights!
Thanks again!
Ken
Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #30
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyT View Post
Cortez, I don't know what this slider thingy is you talk about, but I will have one of my mechanics sow me ow once I get this dealership off the ground...
http://www.unionmaterial.com/rollerweight6.htm