User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #1156
gumbometer
hairy reasoner

Oddometer: 33
Hell's Angels

More than a decade ago, I was riding on a two-lane section of freeway in the east San Francisco Bay area. I was on the left, close to the speed limit with the flow of traffic, and the cars in the right lane were moving 5-10 mph more slowly. I noticed a group of 8-10 Harley riders in the right lane, and as I got closer, I saw "Hell's Angels" patches on their backs.

I maintained my speed, and was surprised when I saw the leader of the group raise his hand as I passed by the middle of the group. All of them moved together into my lane, four in front and four to six (I can't remember) behind.

I wondered if I had offended them somehow, or if they were being friendly, or just messing with me. We rode on that way for a couple of miles, and then the leader raised his fist again. They all moved back into the right lane. I resumed my pace, moving by them, and a couple of them waved.

Just on a power trip? I don't know.
gumbometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #1157
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_708 View Post
I think endangering that child is worse than escalating a reckless driving call to a drunk driving call.
And the children behind you that you are endangering while trying to find a pen or make a phone call or take a picture of said womans plate while driving? ...
Old 11-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #1158
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
And the children behind you that you are endangering while trying to find a pen or make a phone call or take a picture of said womans plate while driving? ...
My coworker isn't completely illiterate

(we just didn't think of it at the time)

Oh and one of those passes she made was through a school zone maybe 10-20 minutes before the children would have been let out. Another pass she tried to make was through a center turn lane area and if she would have gone for it would have met a bus head on. The amount of stupid behind the wheel of that car was simply mind-boggling
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #1159
Marylander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Why would you be in such a rush around Charles Town? ;)
Marylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #1160
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylander View Post
why would you be in such a rush around charles town? ;)

^^^ this ^^^^
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #1161
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
Why would you be in such a rush around Charles Town? ;)
Probably an MD transplant

09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #1162
Tip Over
Whoopsie!

Oddometer: 1,024
Riding into school yesterday, I was bumbling along the county road towards the highway when I see a kid just outside of a fence staring at me. He had to have been about 8-10, and just started waving like crazy with his father (I think) looking on.

So, me being the nice guy I am, I wave back. It musta been the right thing to do cause the kid went wild. I also happened to notice he was wearing a SAMCRO T-shirt.

Of course, it wasn't until I was a bit further down the road that I asked myself, "why would a ten year old be watching that violent of a show?"

Still, I thought it was cool.
Tip Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #1163
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 571
How about this nice guy in Belgium this morning...

Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #1164
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,948
Coming out of my subdivision this morning, I watched a Mitsubishi SUV ahead of me...slowly...begin...to...drift...towards...the.. .curb....BAM! bounced up and then back off the curb!

Didn't even slow down, didn't even see any brake lights...

Got down to the end of the road, the SUV was turning right and I pulled up next to it to turn left. Looked over to see a woman driving it....with a long black mascara mark from the corner of her eye and down her cheek, tightly gripping the steering wheel and refusing to make eye contact. Her cheeks looked about as red as her car.....

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #1165
ride4fun562
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E Ahnung View Post
More than a decade ago, I was riding on a two-lane section of freeway in the east San Francisco Bay area. I was on the left, close to the speed limit with the flow of traffic, and the cars in the right lane were moving 5-10 mph more slowly. I noticed a group of 8-10 Harley riders in the right lane, and as I got closer, I saw "Hell's Angels" patches on their backs.

I maintained my speed, and was surprised when I saw the leader of the group raise his hand as I passed by the middle of the group. All of them moved together into my lane, four in front and four to six (I can't remember) behind.

I wondered if I had offended them somehow, or if they were being friendly, or just messing with me. We rode on that way for a couple of miles, and then the leader raised his fist again. They all moved back into the right lane. I resumed my pace, moving by them, and a couple of them waved.

Just on a power trip? I don't know.

The other day some "Mongels" passed me , I was rather displeased that their fart machines were now in front of me( passed me in my lane actually) so I pulled up a wheelie, they proceded to turn into a biker bar we were passing. bunch of pussies if you ask me
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #1166
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
How about this nice guy in Belgium this morning...
OK, I don't get it?
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #1167
bones_708
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Which had not a damn bit of importance in your original response, but now that is the reason he is worse? Yeah right. Nice how you shift lanes and totally avoid the question.
bones_708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #1168
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_708 View Post
Which had not a damn bit of importance in your original response, but now that is the reason he is worse?
It was exactly my point. I wanted him to show just how stupid his being all high and mighty was.
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1147

By being all self righteous he was himself becoming the offender.

At least the woman was focused on the task of driving, not video taping or writing.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #1169
Marylander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by gots_a_sol View Post
Probably an MD transplant

Heh, you're probably right. I haven't figured out why the MD folks around me are in such a hurry either. I just go to work earlier to avoid most of that.
Marylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #1170
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Going home yesterday. Sitting behind one car in the only straight lane at a light. Black Malibu with dark windows and stupid chrome wheels and dumb gold pinstriping all over it sitting in the left turn lane to the left of the one car in front of me.

Light changes green, including the left turn arrow for Malibidiot. Malibidiot decides he needs to go straight too, and proceeds to cut me off in the middle of the intersection to wedge his way between me and the car I was behind. Fuck you. Whatever...shit happens. I shake my head and continue on. Now we are on this single lane street with a wide bicycle lane on the shoulder. Malibidiot starts to brake, the left turn signal comes, and the car in front of him is turning right. There is oncoming traffic in the other direction. The car in front completes its right turn, and me seeing the oncoming traffic I know that Mailibidiot is going to need to stop before turning left and will be blocking the lane, so I proceed to pass on the right in the bicycle lane (sort of a common thing around here on these single lane streets).

As I'm passing, I realize that for whatever reason, Malibidiot has, once again, decided to NOT turn left and now I'm passing a car on the shoulder that is going straight. :facepalm. Fortunately, the idiot didn't try to run me into the curb or anything, but I HATE indecisive, confused drivers who indicate one thing and do another. Get with the fucking program!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote