ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #2836
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by William42 View Post
No, you can't sit on my bike.
Now you've done it. My ladies are not happy at all.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #2837
Snake Doctor
Crazy Bearded F***er
 
Snake Doctor's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 127
Dang it Pluric, I thought I got all of those pictures from spring break off the net.
__________________
"The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing" - Warren Miller

IBA# 55955
Snake Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #2838
William42
Beastly Adventurer
 
William42's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Champaign, IL
Oddometer: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Now you've done it. My ladies are not happy at all.


Damn, from what I can tell from that pic you have really lost some weight.
__________________
Mud is evil
William42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #2839
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by William42 View Post
Damn, from what I can tell from that pic you have really lost some weight.
You really think so? Aw shucks, thanks.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #2840
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,203
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #2841
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,473
Whow!
Pluric, are you carrying all your beauty things in case you find your lady’s?

Then you complain about bending the wheels...

Nice pic!
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #2842
Choicecut
Lean, Tender and Juicy.
 
Choicecut's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Oddometer: 289
I am really considering a Tenere over a new WC 1200GS. I am still a year away from purchasing a new bike but the Tenere keeps looking better and better to me all the time. Especially the price point.

I know a lot of you probably disagree with me on this, but I hate that the Tenere lacks a high front fender/beak. I have seen a couple stubby beak options from companies in Europe that look horrible and a regular dirt bike fender just doesn't fit the overall beef of the bike. I came across an image that is tagged with Wasp Works watermark, but I can't find any more information on the fender. Does anyone have any information about this fender or maybe can tell by looking what it is? Here is a pic:




The fender thing is the only dislike I have about the bike other then the stuffy legroom, but that can be fixed with a tall custom seat. Be great if someone could point me in the right direction of that fender as I really think it completes the bike.
__________________
2000 Montesa Cota 315R;
1999 Buell X1 Lightning;
1995 BMWR1100GS;
1979 Suzuki DS 100;
2002 Honda XR50 (Pinky Pie);
Choicecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #2843
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choicecut View Post
I am really considering a Tenere over a new WC 1200GS. I am still a year away from purchasing a new bike but the Tenere keeps looking better and better to me all the time. Especially the price point.

I know a lot of you probably disagree with me on this, but I hate that the Tenere lacks a high front fender/beak. I have seen a couple stubby beak options from companies in Europe that look horrible and a regular dirt bike fender just doesn't fit the overall beef of the bike. I came across an image that is tagged with Wasp Works watermark, but I can't find any more information on the fender. Does anyone have any information about this fender or maybe can tell by looking what it is? Here is a pic:




The fender thing is the only dislike I have about the bike other then the stuffy legroom, but that can be fixed with a tall custom seat. Be great if someone could point me in the right direction of that fender as I really think it completes the bike.
Your answer is in the bottom left hand corner of the photo. Wasp, Greg, is an inmate and does some neat stuff for
the Tenere. This link is just to his sticker site. A few searches and you can find whatever else
he has available. Great guy BTW. Check out the Venders area too.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=wasp
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #2844
Choicecut
Lean, Tender and Juicy.
 
Choicecut's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Your answer is in the bottom left hand corner of the photo. Wasp, Greg, is an inmate and does some neat stuff for
the Tenere. This link is just to his sticker site. A few searches and you can find whatever else
he has available. Great guy BTW. Check out the Venders area too.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=wasp

The sticker thing explains his website. I searched and searched and couldn't find any fenders he was selling. Guessing it was just a one off deal. Might have to email him and get some details cause it looks killer IMO.
__________________
2000 Montesa Cota 315R;
1999 Buell X1 Lightning;
1995 BMWR1100GS;
1979 Suzuki DS 100;
2002 Honda XR50 (Pinky Pie);
Choicecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #2845
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choicecut View Post
The sticker thing explains his website. I searched and searched and couldn't find any fenders he was selling. Guessing it was just a one off deal. Might have to email him and get some details cause it looks killer IMO.
You may have to scroll a little through here. Greg tries out several front fender options.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=fender
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #2846
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Whow!
Pluric, are you carrying all your beauty things in case you find your lady’s?

Then you complain about bending the wheels...

Nice pic!
Only the bare essentials.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #2847
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer
 
Gryphon12's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Carnation, WA USA
Oddometer: 1,304
Read Greg's thread. He said specifically that after trying may options, he liked the DR650 front fender the best. I believe that is where he left the issue - so it should be a DR650 front fender.
__________________
1990 Honda NT-650 Hawk-GT

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #2848
Choicecut
Lean, Tender and Juicy.
 
Choicecut's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon12 View Post
Read Greg's thread. He said specifically that after trying may options, he liked the DR650 front fender the best. I believe that is where he left the issue - so it should be a DR650 front fender.
Yep, went through his thread. You are correct, he left it with the Suzuki fender. Just doesn't fit the bike as well as the one in the picture up above IMO. Really lookingc closely at the photo above, it may be a photoshop mockup.
__________________
2000 Montesa Cota 315R;
1999 Buell X1 Lightning;
1995 BMWR1100GS;
1979 Suzuki DS 100;
2002 Honda XR50 (Pinky Pie);

Choicecut screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 10:54 AM
Choicecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #2849
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer
 
Gryphon12's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Carnation, WA USA
Oddometer: 1,304
Looks aside (and I do appreciate the asethetics), Greg's comments about the DR650 fender were really positive. Apparently, it works really well for his application touring in Australia.
__________________
1990 Honda NT-650 Hawk-GT

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #2850
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader
 
RED CAT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canada
Oddometer: 2,852
Stuffy Leg Room?

You must be a giant. At 6 ft I find loads of leg room. Maybe you sat on a low seat optioned one. On the taller setting, no problemo. You also have lots of room to move back and forth on the seat. At least 6 inches.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014