Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #31
steve_k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Anyone interested in Bike comms should read this thread on SDAR.
I picked up the Baofeng UV5R as mentioned in that thread. Have not used it yet for any communication but have enjoyed scanning the bands to hear what people talk about. I plan on taking the HAM technician class test sometime in the near future so I can operate it. Seems like a well built product. And the online pricing is good! I am in China right now and hit up a radio shop and it was difficult to work them down to the online pricing, but did get a good deal on a couple of the programming cables.
steve_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #32
samckay
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dave View Post
Ok...cut to the chase...Been riding a LONG time. Current bike is 08 GSA. Use bluetooth. Love not being connected to the bike...and for those very very seldom times I am ejected it is REALLY nice not being connected. I am currently running J&M bluetooth (don't hate me) ...bud is running Camos...(older version). What I want most is to be able to QUICKLY let my bud know when something negative (or positive) is happening. I mean like a dog on the right coming out, tire in the lane...pot hole, deep sand, naked woman with a free beer sign....looking for a bluetooth system which affords the ability to get an intercom call out NOW...and not having to wait for intercom connection to occur...a delay in signal...a delay in the intercom function on the most common bluetooth units being used today. (F5, SMH10 etc..). If you have a setup that works like I have described herein I would be very interested in learning what you use and how you use it!!!!
Thanks in advance.
Ride Safe,
dave
A very long string with two coke cans..lol, Love ya Dad!
samckay is offline   Reply With Quote