Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
visovm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Question Austin, TX: things to do

Calling all Austin and surrounding area riders:

I will be visiting my sister who (recently) lives in Austin for Thanksgiving. I will be staying with her for two weeks. The unfortunate thing is I don't have the time or money to ride down there from NY

I have a few questions for you:

1. Any attractions, places to visit, scenic areas, authentic food to eat, etc. that are worth while to visit within about 4 hours driving from Austin?
  2. Any thoughts on motorcycle rentals in the area? Preferably a sport touring, ADV or dual sport machine. (I may have the budget/time to get in a day or two during the week after Thanksgiving) This is probably a long shot, but I figured its worth a try.
  3. I am recently unemployed and that's how I have time for this trip (thankfully I saved some of that money and have a place to stay while in Austin). I am a recent graduate of architecture school and was wondering if any inmates could recommend architecture firms that are worth contacting? (It does not have to be one you work for, but one you may have done business with, know of through friends or family, used for your own projects, etc.) I am taking a shot in the dark with this one, I know there are not a lot of architects out there to begin with...let alone people who know or like them..
I am really looking for answers to my first question. But if you have suggestions for the other two, lets hear them!
Who knows, maybe I will become a resident of TX and can enjoy the riding it has to offer!

Thanks fellow inmates!