ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #15256
Blur
Screwed and stapled
 
Blur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv_Squisher View Post
@blur wrong tires dude


"Run what you brung" I always say. Makes the ride more interesting, forces you to make smarter choices, greater challenge, etc. etc. "Line choice is more important than tire choice" blah, blah, blah....

I've gotta new set of TKC80's in the garage but I'm not gonna put 'em on the old gal until she's wears out the shoes she's got. I doubt it woulda made a whole lotta difference.

Poop.... I've just derailed the thread :facepalm:

Here's another picture:

Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #15257
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post


"Run what you brung" I always say. Makes the ride more interesting, forces you to make smarter choices, greater challenge, etc. etc. "Line choice is more important than tire choice" blah, blah, blah....

I've gotta new set of TKC80's in the garage but I'm not gonna put 'em on the old gal until she's wears out the shoes she's got. I doubt it woulda made a whole lotta difference.

Poop.... I've just derailed the thread :facepalm:

Here's another picture:






http://rtwtraveler.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ribfest-2012/26060007_mMgCCs#!i=2164229900&k=GxNRnKN
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #15258
Hueychief
FNG
 
Hueychief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 74
@ Blur
Nice setup you got there, E2 or E3?
Mine is just a bit smaller, E1 with a 500EXC.
__________________
Waterboarding Works
KTM 500EXC
Hueychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #15259
Peanuts
Beastly Adventurer
 
Peanuts's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Oddometer: 1,375
Never seen a Range Rover with a snorkel before.
Peanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #15260
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius
 
FakeName's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,614
In the first three days I owned it- rode it off the floor and into a 1600 mile trip south. Let the farkleing begin.

Wait- already has....




__________________
ADVdiscount Motorcycle Product Photography


2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #15261
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer
 
Dustodust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Oddometer: 775
WoW, thats nice !!
wish mine was still new like that

1600 miles would be quite a flogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
In the first three days I owned it- rode it off the floor and into a 1600 mile trip south. Let the farkleing begin.

Wait- already has....




__________________
04 KTM 950 S
04 KTM 525 EXC street plated
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #15262
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,247
the world needs more 990's

__________________


QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #15263
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius
 
FakeName's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustodust View Post
WoW, thats nice !!
wish mine was still new like that

1600 miles would be quite a flogging

I had a blast- once clear of the PACNW weather.

No all I need is a nice windscreen. Something in a short, flexible carbon fiber. Designed to accelerate the windflow and reduce buffeting.

Wonder where I could get something like that?
__________________
ADVdiscount Motorcycle Product Photography


2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #15264
Blur
Screwed and stapled
 
Blur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,119

Izzat you, Ben?!?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueychief View Post
@ Blur
Nice setup you got there, E2 or E3?
Mine is just a bit smaller, E1 with a 500EXC.
Sorry, Huey... Dunno :shrug
It was parked at my father's RV dealership and I got a smokin' deal on it.
King beds in front and rear, slide-out with a fold-down dinette. 2-burner stove, refrigerator, furnace, toilet, shower. I like it.
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #15265
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Izzat you, Ben?!?
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #15266
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL
 
Night Falcon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Adventureland NZ
Oddometer: 1,435
cool, I miss my 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
__________________
My KTM 390 Adventure - we live in hope!
My KTM 690 - RIP
My Rev3 Trials Adventures
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #15267
Bonsai Elephant
Banned
 
Bonsai Elephant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hills
Oddometer: 18,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
cool, I miss my 990
Me too, but I am just a couple of weeks away from replacing it with a 2006 950!

Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #15268
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,220
Talent is only measured by the quality of the tool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
"Run what you brung" I always say. Makes the ride more interesting, forces you to make smarter choices, greater challenge, etc. etc.
A better tire makes a better rider makes a better ride.

I'd offered to pay for a new set of tires of many riding partners to stop their bitchin and keep up the pace. Riding a tire at the end of it's life just to milk the last ounce out of it... is a total disrespect of how little free time we actual have to enjoy being out on a ride. And how in one split second on a bald tire, things can go from fun to done. Funny how cheap a $200 tire is compared to a trip to the ER for a tweaked ankle or bunged up shoulder.
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #15269
Hueychief
FNG
 
Hueychief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Sorry, Huey... Dunno :shrug
It was parked at my father's RV dealership and I got a smokin' deal on it.
King beds in front and rear, slide-out with a fold-down dinette. 2-burner stove, refrigerator, furnace, toilet, shower. I like it.
With a slideout it's an E3, very nice setup indeed.
If you're into FaceBook, they have a Coleman Evolution page, highly informative.
__________________
Waterboarding Works
KTM 500EXC
Hueychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #15270
Blur
Screwed and stapled
 
Blur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
A better tire makes a better rider makes a better ride.

I'd offered to pay for a new set of tires of many riding partners to stop their bitchin and keep up the pace. Riding a tire at the end of it's life just to milk the last ounce out of it... is a total disrespect of how little free time we actual have to enjoy being out on a ride. And how in one split second on a bald tire, things can go from fun to done. Funny how cheap a $200 tire is compared to a trip to the ER for a tweaked ankle or bunged up shoulder.
If they can't keep up, your friends don' t need new tires, you need new riding buddies.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueychief View Post
With a slideout it's an E3, very nice setup indeed.
If you're into FaceBook, they have a Coleman Evolution page, highly informative.
Thanks, Huey!
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014