ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #25621
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post

Y'all got the ADV salute somewhere near here from a red cage with a mountain bike on the back. Maybe I should have stuck my arm further out the window. There were times on the climbs I was wishing for something with a motor. Nice day to be out there.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #25622
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 12,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Y'all got the ADV salute somewhere near here from a red cage with a mountain bike on the back. Maybe I should have stuck my arm further out the window. There were times on the climbs I was wishing for something with a motor. Nice day to be out there.
We seen a few hard core bikers today.

Under construction
Al Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #25623
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post

I'm taking my 950 to Durhamtown Saturday if any DOGs are around and want to join in on the fun. I'll have the 450 with me as well, but thought it might be fun to ride the 950 some on their tracks and trails..

Man, I spent about 5 solid hours on the Super Enduro at Durahmtown yesterday and had a blast. Wish I knew there was another 950 there. Probably the best off roading around for a twin.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #25624
tagalong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Stolen KLR in Rome

Something has to be done about thieves around here .

I just got a phone call from my friend Gary. His red '08 KLR was stolen from his garage, along with some other items, last night. I didn't get to many details from him because he was kinda dumbfounded at the time, and rightfully so. I'll update this when I can talk to him after the shock has worn off and get more info. Taken from the Bell's Ferry area of Floyd Co., GA.

What I know about the bike currently:

Red '08 KLR650
SW Motech crash bars
Big Gun Race Series exhaust (it is very loud)

Here's an older pic I have of the bike. It's not very helpful since the bike was brand new when this was taken and looks like any other red 08.

tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #25625
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Tagalong, It can't be wide spread... you have a cluster of rats... Put your tax dollars to work.

Under construction
Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #25626
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
Tagalong, It can't be wide spread... you have a cluster of rats... Put your tax dollars to work.
Use rat poison:

You think mud is a good paint protector
Winterizing just means putting a tarp over it till tomorrow
You hit Home Depot and Tractor Supply for parts before you go to the motorcycle shop.
Every time you look at anything square shaped you think "Could that be a pannier?"
You like humvees and hate H2's
You've gone into an Army Surplus store to look for riding gear.

Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #25627
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oh and by the way some of these dogs work cheep...

Under construction
Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #25628
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagalong View Post

I just got a phone call from my friend Gary. His red '08 KLR was stolen from his garage, along with some other items, last night. I didn't get to many details from him because he was kinda dumbfounded at the time, and rightfully so. I'll update this when I can talk to him after the shock has worn off and get more info. Taken from the Bell's Ferry area of Floyd Co., GA.

Red '08 KLR650
SW Motech crash bars

Here's an older pic I have of the bike. It's not very helpful since the bike was brand new when this was taken and looks like any other red 08.

You should cross-post this on Georgia Offroad, if you haven't already. If you don't have an account there, let me know and I will do it.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #25629
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:

Red '08 KLR650
SW Motech crash bars

I'll be on the lookout. I've gotta get a motion detector for my garage.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #25630
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
Man, I spent about 5 solid hours on the Super Enduro at Durahmtown yesterday and had a blast. Wish I knew there was another 950 there. Probably the best off roading around for a twin.
I didn't make it out. sinus infection and the wife was home friday from work sick as well.

I did get out this afternoon just for a bit out towards acworth with Fried Duck and had some fun.

Dec. 1st will be at Highland Park with the 450 and 950.

how was the 950 at DP? what tires were you running? the tires that came on mine are shot. I'll probably put on an MT16 rear and something more dirt oriented on the front as well.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #25631
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
I tried something new Saturday. A couple of my friends have gotten big into AHRMA racing so I went with them to Aonia for an event. I watched the trials, which was really cool. Then I ran my KDX in the open class TT race. It's half flat track and half old school MX. What a blast!!! It was awesome watching the old Nortons, BSA's, etc blistering the track.

I'm sure plenty of you guys have seen this stuff before-but if you haven't, it sure is fun.
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #25632
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:

Red '08 KLR650
SW Motech crash bars

I will for sure keep my eyes out for this bike!
We seem to always have this problem at the holidays with the little dirt bikes I have had friends in dawsonville and cumming that have had their kids dirt bikes stolen out of the garage of the house while they were home!!
You know average family inside watching a football game and everyone home you leave the garage open!
Hell at my house we leave the garage open and that tells all the neighbor kids to come up and hang out if the garage is shut they figure we are not home or sick or something But we have quit doing that because of the fuckin thieves.
They actually walked in my friends garage in the middle of the day on a Saturday and just rolled the little xr bikes out the door and nobody saw or heard shit!
I close my garage most of the time but when it is open I have the 300 mag loaded on the top shelf in the garage so they better move fast out of sight (with the 300 I have alot of range) or they are gonna lose a knee!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #25633
SlowRide13
Veteran n00b

Oddometer: 1,336
Digital motion-activated video trail cams are gettin' mighty cheap
www.hoofrehab.com
SlowRide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #25634
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM View Post
Sandrock is mostly a climber's name. You can still climb there. Cherokee Rock Village was the official name by the county until they got Obamabucks to "improve" it, now it is Cherokee Rock Village Park.

Here's a link Tuna: https://www.facebook.com/SaveRockCity
Thanks GaM - never knew that! Tuna, there are more photos here & here. Picture hobbitland. Boulders as big as large homes with narrow passages between them, and some places you can easily scramble up on top of to get a great view of lake Weiss.

Back to moto-stuff, if you're in the market for a Ural there's suddenly a bunch of 'em for sale locally. Weird.

Jeff
FriedDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #25635
SquirrelyGrl
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 893
Man, I hate to hear that about your friend's KLR. I go through that area and into Cedartown a lot, I'll keep an eye out. Hope he finds out something soon......