User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #2071
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Can't say this enough.....

The Sena SMH10, this thread, and the customer support at SENA are all awsome. I have had my Sena unit for over a year now. I have an iPhone and a Zumo 550. I never could get it to work correctly with all devices synced so I went back and got info from here and the manual. The problem was I could hear my music and use the phone but not the Zumo. I followed the advise here and in the manual and could get both to work once until I would power off.
Contacted SENA and they have me listening to tunes, talking on the phone, and getting voice prompts from the Zumo. Had to clear all devices from both the Sena and the zumo and iphone. Did a factory reset. Did a firmware install. Followed the syncing instructions from the customer service (which was different from the manual) and success!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #2072
phoneman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Not really a sena guestion exactly. I want to add sirius radio to my weestrom and bluetooth it to my sena. 10. What do I need to get and is it possible? '
phoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #2073
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Had to clear all devices from both the Sena and the zumo and iphone. Did a factory reset. Did a firmware install.
this is a big one here. Worth pointing out so other people searching problems sees it.

Every time you upgrade the firmware, you MUST clear ALL devices from BOTH the SMH10, phone (and SR10/SM10 if you use them.).

Be interested in seeing the pairing instructions they gave you. remember, next time you do a firmware update or get a new Iphone, you are going to need those directions again, hope you wrote them down.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #2074
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
this is a big one here. Worth pointing out so other people searching problems sees it.

Every time you upgrade the firmware, you MUST clear ALL devices from BOTH the SMH10, phone (and SR10/SM10 if you use them.).

Be interested in seeing the pairing instructions they gave you. remember, next time you do a firmware update or get a new Iphone, you are going to need those directions again, hope you wrote them down.
Ok. Here it goes.
After making sure everything is updated with the latest firmware, clear all devices and the Sena from recognition.
Hold the phone button down for 12 seconds until the voice prompt says "resetting unit". Hit the phone button again within 3 seconds. It will then power down.
Turn unit on. Hold phone button down for 5 seconds and here the phone pairing prompt. Pair the Sena and phone. Hold the jog dial down for 5 seconds and here the device pairing prompt. Pair the Zumo. Then your done. When you cycle everything on the next time, the Zumo connection is prompted as "device connected".
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #2075
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,198
Quote:
Ok.

Hold phone button down for 5 seconds and here the phone pairing prompt.
Pair the Sena and phone.

Hold the jog dial down for 5 seconds and here the device pairing prompt.
Pair the Zumo. ...
It's the phone button for the phone and the jog button for the Zumo?
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #2076
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
It's the phone button for the phone and the jog button for the Zumo?
The jog dial is used for pairing the Zumo but not for operating the Zumo. The Sena is used to hear voice prompts from the Zumo but that is all. Do not pair the Zumo to the iPhone or vise versa.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #2077
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,198
Quote:
The jog dial is used for pairing the Zumo but not for operating the Zumo. The Sena is used to hear voice prompts from the Zumo but that is all. Do not pair the Zumo to the iPhone or vise versa.
Thanks!
Got it now ... I'm in the slow group
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #2078
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
Not really a sena guestion exactly. I want to add sirius radio to my weestrom and bluetooth it to my sena. 10. What do I need to get and is it possible? '
Well, if its just a standard XM/Sirius radio, just about everyone of them has an audio jack for a 3.5mm plug. Off ebay, you can buy one of the cheap A2DP BT transmitters and that will give you BT music to your Sena. There are some Garmin GPS's that incorporate XM/Sirius into them, but you didn't mention that.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #2079
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
It is not an upgrade. it is another version of their product, which is available in several configurations to fit your needs. A fixed boom mike, unattached mike, Speakers or earbuds. You choose. Get the one you need.
Just found it and it is a 35 dollar or so additional piece for the ear-bud option. You have to buy the base unit and then add the other piece. No biggie. At least the offer it and you don't have to rewire it like the Scala
Old 11-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #2080
rob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Subscribed.
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #2081
mcguyver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,250
Apologies if this has been asked before. Did a search but didn't find anything. I also downloaded the User manual but it doesn't seem to mention it.

I have been lent a Sena smh10 r intercom. Intercom works great and i Have paired it with my zumo and iPhone 4S and it all seems to work great. Certainly a lot better than my old scala set.
My question is when listening to music via Bluetooth from my phone is it possible to add my wife's headset, do she can hear the music as well.
Any info appreciated.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #2082
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before. Did a search but didn't find anything. I also downloaded the User manual but it doesn't seem to mention it.

I have been lent a Sena smh10 r intercom. Intercom works great and i Have paired it with my zumo and iPhone 4S and it all seems to work great. Certainly a lot better than my old scala set.
My question is when listening to music via Bluetooth from my phone is it possible to add my wife's headset, do she can hear the music as well.
Any info appreciated.
Nope, as far as I know, it can't be done. The phone can only pair to one Sena. I did a trip with my wife with a pair of these, and we had the same issue. She ended up pairing to her phone, and me to mine. It worked out ok. She doesn't like my music anyway. :)

--- D

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #2083
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post

Any info appreciated.
http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

-dan
Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #2084
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,544
Got a question in regards to the SMH10 and pairing. I have mine paired with my Samsung Galaxy 3.6 for music and my Dura XT for phone only. I have noticed that when I use my phone sometimes the media connection will drop and it will not reconnect. When I go to the 3.6 and try to reconnect it through the device it fails to connect. It seems like the SMH10 is dropping the media connection and refusing to reconnect. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I am running firmware 4.1.1 on the SMH10 and have noticed that while it shows the battery life through the red flashes. It shows that the battery is always full. No matter how long I use it. Then when it get lows I get the warning and voice prompt of low battery and the unit just shuts off. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #2085
Velocifer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
BMW system 6 compatibility

I have the smh 10 on my Nolan n-103 and am quite pleased with it ....(boom mic and speakers)
A buddy of mine has the BMW helmet, but it doesn't fit him, so it's available to me.

I ask because the BMW helmet has the slider control for the tinted visor exactly where one attaches the Sena unit.
Would it fit with the earbud option ?

I've searched high and low for this info.
Thanks