Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
chacha OP
CAT Herder

Oddometer: 2,680
Older John Deere lawn mower, Good Deal?

So I just bought a new house that has more lawn than my old one and a big driveway that will need plowing when we get snow. I found this ad on Craigslist the other night.

Now I've done some research already. I was just wondering if anyone else out there had experience with these machines.

John Deere 317 Garden Tractor

Heavy Duty 48" mow deck with smooth bearings, sharp blades and mule drive.

17 HP engine with hydrostatic drive transmission (no gears).

Electric belt driven PTO for mow deck or other implements.

2 sets of hydraulic ports on the front which can be used with a front blade or snow blower.

This machine is very clean and 100% turn-key ready to work. In fact, it's in amazing condition.

Separate left and right brakes which gives the operator the ability to transfer power from one wheel to the other for better traction control. Or the brake pedals can be locked together.

If you appreciate the craftsmanship of how things were built "back in the day" then you will not be disappointed. This is a very heavy machine (about 700 lbs without the mow deck or plow).

This machine is far better built than any of the most expensive models sold at Depot, Lowes or Sears for thousands.

This is a true work horse with the potential to use a plow, tiller, snow blower or other heavy duty attachments.

Also have a virtually new heavy duty front mount 54" plow with 4 way hydraulic operation and tire chains for an additional $750.

Or, a used 2 way hydraulic plow with chains but it will require a little work for an additional $350.

The tractor with mow deck is $1650.

WILL NOT SELL PLOW SEPARATE.

Key words: Kubota new holland bobcat craftsman cub cadet Scotts toro Honda Massey bang 110 160 210 212 214 216 300 316 318 322 332 345 400 420 425 445 455