ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #14881
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motiger View Post
I am looking for a pre filter that will fit on a tiger 800 road with ABS.
Anyone have a part number or someone that makes them?
not sold around here yet, see this thread.....you are too late
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818121
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #14882
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer
 
BlackBeast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Oddometer: 928
Is there another group buy being planned?
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #14883
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer
 
Marsh Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Low Country SC
Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
Is there another group buy being planned?
I think you just volunteered ;)
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #14884
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,470
Someone posted in this thread several pages back about breaking a throttle cable and have to wait an extended amount of time for a replacement. For what it's worth I ordered a spare throttle and clutch cable from bike bandit on the night of 10/31. It arrived today. So in the case of not needing it right a way that's totally reasonable I think. A little less than $90 for both. Both made in Spain surprisingly. Under my seat they will be kept.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #14885
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,394
Good to know.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #14886
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Someone posted in this thread several pages back about breaking a throttle cable and have to wait an extended amount of time for a replacement. For what it's worth I ordered a spare throttle and clutch cable from bike bandit on the night of 10/31. It arrived today. So in the case of not needing it right a way that's totally reasonable I think. A little less than $90 for both. Both made in Spain surprisingly. Under my seat they will be kept.
I always run my spare cables alongside the original. Makes for a quick swap over if a breakage does occur.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, The other British Land Rover. 40000 miles and counting.
2013 black Tiger800XC, The other British Land Rover. 500 miles and counting.
blacktiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #14887
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
I started a thread to discuss hand guards http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840845. I think we need to break out these topics from the mega thread to make them easier for new owners to find. We probably need a Tiger 800 XC tire thread as well.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #14888
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
I started a thread to discuss hand guards http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840845. I think we need to break out these topics from the mega thread to make them easier for new owners to find. We probably need a Tiger 800 XC tire thread as well.
there are a million tire threads on here
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #14889
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,188
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on the Hepco Becker rear rack vs. a Givi rear rack?

Hepco Becker are more expensive, but I've heard they're both pretty good. I'm first going to try to rig up my Kriega bags to them. If I can't get that to work, I'll probably get a couple seahorse cases.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #14890
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer
 
some call me...tim's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 279
So I've decided that I want an adventure tourer for my next bike, and have found myself poring over all the Tiger threads here. I have read several articles, seen many videos, etc. of the 800 xc, and I'm really, really digging on everything I see. It really does seem like it's the best bike for me for what I have in mind. Probably my biggest complaint is that since the bikes are so new, and everyone seems to love them so much, I haven't seen any on the used market. I've been trying to put any ideas of getting one on hold while I try to scrimp and save a bit, since it appears I'm going to have to get one new.

BUT, this being the end of the model year, I emailed my local dealership just to see if there was any discount for the 2012 models. As it turned out, they had 2 2012 demo bikes in stock, one for $10k, and one for $11k--still not cheap, but as far as I can see, its about the only time you can expect to pay under MSRP with these bikes. I went for a test ride over the weekend, and though the ride was short, I found it highly enjoyable. I put down a deposit to get my foot in the door so I could think it over a bit.

So here I am a couple days later, and its pretty much all I can think about. I'm wondering though, what people's opinions/experiences are with demo bikes? The bike seemed fine for what I got to experience, and it comes with a full 2 year warranty on it. It had about 2200 on the clock I believe, and apparently it was used by a guy from Triumph corporate to do a road trip to see a couple Iron Maiden shows and then sold to the dealership.

Before this weekend, I'd pretty much accepted that I'd have to wait until next year some time to pick one of these up, but I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on this, since it seems like it'd be unlikely I'd see a similar deal until this time next year. I dunno, maybe I'm mistaken in that though. Thoughts?
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #14891
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
So I've decided that I want an adventure tourer for my next bike, and have found myself poring over all the Tiger threads here. I have read several articles, seen many videos, etc. of the 800 xc, and I'm really, really digging on everything I see. It really does seem like it's the best bike for me for what I have in mind. Probably my biggest complaint is that since the bikes are so new, and everyone seems to love them so much, I haven't seen any on the used market. I've been trying to put any ideas of getting one on hold while I try to scrimp and save a bit, since it appears I'm going to have to get one new.

BUT, this being the end of the model year, I emailed my local dealership just to see if there was any discount for the 2012 models. As it turned out, they had 2 2012 demo bikes in stock, one for $10k, and one for $11k--still not cheap, but as far as I can see, its about the only time you can expect to pay under MSRP with these bikes. I went for a test ride over the weekend, and though the ride was short, I found it highly enjoyable. I put down a deposit to get my foot in the door so I could think it over a bit.

So here I am a couple days later, and its pretty much all I can think about. I'm wondering though, what people's opinions/experiences are with demo bikes? The bike seemed fine for what I got to experience, and it comes with a full 2 year warranty on it. It had about 2200 on the clock I believe, and apparently it was used by a guy from Triumph corporate to do a road trip to see a couple Iron Maiden shows and then sold to the dealership.

Before this weekend, I'd pretty much accepted that I'd have to wait until next year some time to pick one of these up, but I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on this, since it seems like it'd be unlikely I'd see a similar deal until this time next year. I dunno, maybe I'm mistaken in that though. Thoughts?
That sounds like an awesome deal. Better you actually save another 500 because they already did the break in maintenance!!
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #14892
jmcg
Turpinated..
 
jmcg's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The Dandenong Ranges, Vic
Oddometer: 448
I've put 15,000kms on an ex-demo 800 with nil issues to date.

Bought with about 4,500kms on the clock.

Use it every day, serviced and maintained regularly.

Still enjoy it every time I ride it.

JM.
jmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #14893
SPX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 237
What's the difference between the $10k bike and the $11k bike? Is one an 800 while the other an 800XC? $11k for an XC is a fair deal, but not great, considering it is a demo. I paid $11,400 for my new 2012 800XC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
So I've decided that I want an adventure tourer for my next bike, and have found myself poring over all the Tiger threads here. I have read several articles, seen many videos, etc. of the 800 xc, and I'm really, really digging on everything I see. It really does seem like it's the best bike for me for what I have in mind. Probably my biggest complaint is that since the bikes are so new, and everyone seems to love them so much, I haven't seen any on the used market. I've been trying to put any ideas of getting one on hold while I try to scrimp and save a bit, since it appears I'm going to have to get one new.

BUT, this being the end of the model year, I emailed my local dealership just to see if there was any discount for the 2012 models. As it turned out, they had 2 2012 demo bikes in stock, one for $10k, and one for $11k--still not cheap, but as far as I can see, its about the only time you can expect to pay under MSRP with these bikes. I went for a test ride over the weekend, and though the ride was short, I found it highly enjoyable. I put down a deposit to get my foot in the door so I could think it over a bit.

So here I am a couple days later, and its pretty much all I can think about. I'm wondering though, what people's opinions/experiences are with demo bikes? The bike seemed fine for what I got to experience, and it comes with a full 2 year warranty on it. It had about 2200 on the clock I believe, and apparently it was used by a guy from Triumph corporate to do a road trip to see a couple Iron Maiden shows and then sold to the dealership.

Before this weekend, I'd pretty much accepted that I'd have to wait until next year some time to pick one of these up, but I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on this, since it seems like it'd be unlikely I'd see a similar deal until this time next year. I dunno, maybe I'm mistaken in that though. Thoughts?
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #14894
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPX View Post
What's the difference between the $10k bike and the $11k bike? Is one an 800 while the other an 800XC? $11k for an XC is a fair deal, but not great, considering it is a demo. I paid $11,400 for my new 2012 800XC.
Then you had to pay another 500 for break in 500 miles later.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #14895
SPX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Then you had to pay another 500 for break in 500 miles later.

I did? I thought it was $265
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014