ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #9751
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
I call BS.

Nobody waited 24 hrs. I went in search of the gator at the ducks last location AND notified both threads of my intention and I promised to post by noon my findings. Which I did.

However, while on my way you folks placed a new tag anyway. Maybe 24hrs is less time in Nova??

No sweat off my ass cuz I wanted to ride anyway......but when it was mentioned that you folks would wait til noon, you should have waited. I would have gladly traded you mascots at that point on such a nice day to ride. But clearly your beloved alligator wasn't so beloved because you guys abandoned her rather quickly.

As for the duck, its not mine.......keep it for all I care. It's a dollar store toy.

Pm that!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Outstanding post! Thanks so much for contributing to the NoVa tag game. Carry on.
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #9752
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH View Post
We arrived at the spot Ali indicated on the map!

Damn, I had to drive to work today! I could have hit that on the way home
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #9753
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelB12 View Post
Damn, I had to drive to work today! I could have hit that on the way home
you will be short another gator if the tree removal crew shows up to grind that stump before the next grab.
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #9754
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
And, not to be chest thumping,

Talk about chest thumping...and wild ass assumptions all rolled into one. Who was the one "Demanding" a PM and the return(50 miles + each way) of a freakin $3 toy?

perhaps you've forgotten the parameters that made, and will make, the NoVa game work?

What parameters are these you speak of? I'm still waiting on that link.
Thanks again for inviting me but I really don't need or want your blessing to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
That's what I love about our current state -- absolutely no shame. NWVa steals a mascot, and then claims to be victim. Outstanding! You've earned three claps.
Exactly! Just like making wild accusations, absolutely no shame whatsoever!
You sir are a clueless tool. If I had taken it I would have no qualms stating so. Do you understand that or do I need to type slower?
Now, I wish the person that DID do it would come forward so you could be seen as the childish ass you are.

I don't really care about too much but I DO care when someone accuses me of something I didn't do no mater what the hell it is. Do you understand that or do I need to type slower, again?

Think before you post stupid shit OK?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #9755
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
I call BS.

Nobody waited 24 hrs. I went in search of the gator at the ducks last location AND notified both threads of my intention and I promised to post by noon my findings.
5punksdad, I didn't notice you standing with a stopwatch on Saturday morning when I found the rubber duck at the tag site, nor timing my tag at Cardinal Forest School the next day.

And, in case you missed it, I had no idea of any significance the rubber duck might possess--nothing suggested to me it was anyone's mascot.

Our mascot was missing from its tag location, and no subsequent tag images or clues appeared. Thus, we activated a replacement mascot as we have in previous missing mascot situations.
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #9756
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
you will be short another gator if the tree removal crew shows up to grind that stump before the next grab.
eh, that gator is already gone...

Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #9757
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragRacer View Post
5punksdad, I didn't notice you standing with a stopwatch on Saturday morning when I found the rubber duck at the tag site, nor timing my tag at Cardinal Forest School the next day.

And, in case you missed it, I had no idea of any significance the rubber duck might possess--nothing suggested to me it was anyone's mascot.

Our mascot was missing from its tag location, and no subsequent tag images or clues appeared. Thus, we activated a replacement mascot as we have in previous missing mascot situations.

Me, personally, I've got no beef with you. Just some of the ignorant fools on here who post crap they made up in their head...so it must be true!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #9758
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,863

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #9759
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,631
Now kids . . . .

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #9760
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:
After further review, Tag 1001 has been ruled a NON-GRAB.

If no legal tag is announced by noon, tomorrow, a substitute Ali will be activated, from the point of the last tag, and Tag-o-rama continuity will resume.

Both GAME and PLAY clocks will be reset.

Replacement gator interrogates renegade duck, "What have you DONE with Ali?"

I am pretty sure you were aware at this point......again, I call BS,

Boatman.....pass the popcorn.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #9761
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:

your grab post was at 1:20pm....I dont need a stopwatch. Maybe you do so you know what 24hrs looks like?

Im done......PS, Ali has soft lips
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #9762
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
your grab post was at 1:20pm....I dont need a stopwatch. Maybe you do so you know what 24hrs looks like?
I have no "smart phone," 5punksdad. The time of the posts have some delay between event and Internet posting. I left to visit the tag site at Millennium Lane at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 10; came home (nearly an hour away), took my wife to shop at three emporioums of her choice, and lunch, then processed the images and posted the Bruce.

I still expected, and hoped, a Brucing grabber would post a tag up until I left to make the tag with the alternate Ali. I even thought I might have missed the mascot at the Millennium Lane site. Then, NoVa Rider's post came up at 11-11-2012, 08:38 AM, confirming no Ali at tha last tag location; I then left to make the new tag.

My tag post is dated 11-11-2012, 09:23 AM; the site is located only four blocks from my home, where I rushed to post, hoping to salvage as much weekend game time as possible for players.

That's close enough to 24 hours between the time I discovered Ali missing and made the tag in my view, to give any legitimate grabber sufficient time to post images and clues of his tag. None appeared, not even from you, in that 24-hour interval..

I've wondered; if, "all in fun," why hasn't the instigator of this "prank" manned up and disclosed his identity, so we can all enjoy a laugh, together?

XDragRacer screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 03:58 AM
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #9763
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,496
Bwalsh -- I can't help you with your selective reading. But here's a short summary. Ali is the NoVa mascot. He disappeared. A duck was left in his place. NoVa put a replacement gator in play. A NWVa tagger than locates Ali at the NWVa tag site that had sat for 6 weeks. I expressed gratitude, and asked for a pm to figure out how to repatriate the mascot. You jump in to say NWVa is going to keep the gator for a while. That solution doesn't work for NoVa, and drama ensues. But, the poster who found the gator agrees to return him. I express appreciation. Then you accuse me of taking your mascot. I find that rich. You selectively read again and express umbrage that you've been wrongly accused.

Conclusion: your pm button must not be working.
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #9764
Joey Stalin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
I've wondered; if, "all in fun," why hasn't the instigator of this "prank" manned up and disclosed his identity, so we can all enjoy a laugh, together?
If you all promise to get along together again and have a good laugh, I will come forward. Otherwise, I'm going to go back into hiding.

Alright, well it appears that my little prank to create some friendly cross border rivalry, while generating some interest in the NWVA tag game (where all the GOOD riding is), has gone to hell in a hand basket, and quickly! Things have not played out as I expected them to, I leave this thread for a day and now everyone hates each other. So yes, to quell the misguided accusations of who did what, I switched the tags on Friday. If things had worked out into a friendly rivalry across the regions, I would've been content to never reveal my secret and it would have passed into Virginia tag lore and be something to joke about in the future. Instead I've flared up a lot of negative emotions. And that was never my intention, no malice intended.

Maybe we can set up a Versailles at the border of the two regions and have a peace accord. Or just dump the toys and run, like a body bag being rolled from the back of a black limousine.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI
Joey Stalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #9765
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:
I have no "smart phone," 5punksdad. The time of the posts have some delay between event and Internet posting. I left to visit the tag site at Millennium Lane at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 10; came home (nearly an hour away), took my wife to shop at three emporioums of her choice, and lunch, then processed the images and posted the Bruce.

I still expected, and hoped, a Brucing grabber would post a tag up until I left to make the tag with the alternate Ali. I even thought I might have missed the mascot at the Millennium Lane site. Then, NoVa Rider's post came up at 11-11-2012, 08:38 AM, confirming no Ali at tha last tag location; I then left to make the new tag.

My tag post is dated 11-11-2012, 09:23 AM; the site is located only four blocks from my home, where I rushed to post, hoping to salvage as much weekend game time as possible for players.

That's close enough to 24 hours between the time I discovered Ali missing and made the tag in my view, to give any legitimate grabber sufficient time to post images and clues of his tag. None appeared, not even from you, in that 24-hour interval..

I should stop readying these replies........because every time I do I see more conflicting statements.

you claim to have hurried the next tag to salvage a nice weekend. Thats a great reason! However, on Sat 11-10-12 (a beautiful day) you claim to have made the grab at 9am yet you waited until 3:20pm (I previously said 1:20, my mistake) to post it up. Claiming you went shopping and to lunch and on an african safari (joke inserted)........

your lack of a smart phone doesnt get you off the hook for sandbagging the grab. Maybe you were hoping to cause a bruce of your own?

Additionally I posted at around 7:30am of my intentions to clear up the mystery and report back. I DO have a smartphone, however I had NO signal at the gator duck grab,,,,,,,so I rode until I did have a signal and posted right away (so as not to waste time on such a nice day). Maybe I should have gone shopping with my spouse and said fuck it?

and......since we are all accusing each other of the switch, I just want to point out that Novarider was the guy who placed Ali, yet I dont remember seeing the usual picture of Ali at the tag before being covered up. Maybe He didnt place Ali at all??????? just throwing that out there.

now......about that popcorn Boatman....