ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #18481
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
Now that the weather is changing and most people won't be heading out on longer weekend rides maybe there can be another Sat. RTE so people from a little farther out can come.
In, weather permitting, there's always Poes as well in Richmond, second Sunday every month.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #18482
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Is the Pope a Catholic; Frog's arse water tight; hobby horse have a wooden d--k?

Of course he can.

On another note: My wife found the seat for the for the drum set. We had the seat stand, but didn't find the padded seat that sits on it until a few days after your buddy picked up the set. Should you choose to accompany Roger's friend to the RTE, I can bring it with me. You'll need some bungee cords to strap it on to your bike.

Lemme know, and we'll go from there.

you guys do this on a Friday, we'd have to play hookie
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #18483
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhof View Post
you guys do this on a Friday, we'd have to play hookie
A weekend RTE, local or otherwise, would probably draw from near and far, esp. in the winter, judging by the RTEs bwalsh organized at one point (e.g., a wet March Woodstock VA RTE drew from as far as MD and perhaps beyond with a headcount of over 30 FFs). --> Post Up, They Will Come!

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #18484
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,812
Belated Happy B-day Brian

Quote:
Now that the weather is changing and most people won't be heading out on longer weekend rides maybe there can be another Sat. RTE so people from a little farther out can come.
Sorry that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday Brian, but it looks like the Steelers gave you a nice present last night anyways!

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #18485
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Sorry that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday Brian, but it looks like the Steelers gave you a nice present last night anyways!

jeff
Thanks Jeff but if barely beating the worst time in football in front of the home crowd and now likely having to face the Ravens without our starting qb is my gift from them, I would have rather had a jersey or something.
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #18486
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:
Thanks Jeff but if barely beating the worst time in football in front of the home crowd and now likely having to face the Ravens without our starting qb is my gift from them, I would have rather had a jersey or something.
........Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves! ,,,, Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Maybe that will but a smile on your face. Oddball always had a way of looking to the positive. I'd say, at least they didn't lose to the worst team in football, in front of a home crowd!

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #18487
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
........Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves! ,,,, Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

catching some rays drinking some wine
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #18488
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea

Oddometer: 542
all the negative waves...lol

http://youtu.be/KuStsFW4EmQ
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #18489
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,176
Inmate down

Received this from an inmate this morning. I'm not going to reveal his name; he can do so later should he choose:

"Got a flat on the two wheeler today. Unfortunately I was doing 70mph on 95. I was unable to stop before the death wobble struck. Went down hard on the shoulder. Damage on bike TBD. Destroyed my helmet and ripped up my pants and coat. Fortunately I was ATGATT. In ER now for what might be a broken big toe. Sum bitch!"

Haven't heard anything back further, but hope and pray they find the toe was his only injury.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #18490
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Received this from an inmate this morning. I'm not going to reveal his name; he can do so later should he choose:

"Got a flat on the two wheeler today. Unfortunately I was doing 70mph on 95. I was unable to stop before the death wobble struck. Went down hard on the shoulder. Damage on bike TBD. Destroyed my helmet and ripped up my pants and coat. Fortunately I was ATGATT. In ER now for what might be a broken big toe. Sum bitch!"

Haven't heard anything back further, but hope and pray they find the toe was his only injury.

Whoever it is, they already made it past the biggest hurdle which was not getting run over on 95. Here is to hoping for no broken bones and just soreness. The bike, helmet and gear are not important at this point.

Also, for whoever it is, I''m off work starting this Friday for the next week if you need help trying to get things sorted.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #18491
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Also, for whoever it is, I''m off work starting this Friday for the next week if you need help trying to get things sorted.
Yea, what he said. ^^^

Anything this person needs, I'll be happy to pitch in and help. Glad the gear worked.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #18492
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 3,961
I'm off work today and tomorrow if if any help is needed. Also have truck and trailer if that is needed.
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #18493
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,475
Yikes! A flat at speed on I-95. That's just about everybody's worst nightmare, isn't it?
Hope the rider gets it all together soon.

BTW, what is this, slacker week? I'm off till Monday.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #18494
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 546
Quote:

Guy-
I know everyone is in the same boat as I am about offering up time & efforts to help in anyway needed. Please keep us upto date on any needs to get this inmate back on two wheels as soon as possible.

Specially with the holidays coming I'm sure any of us will do what we can to help in anyway needed.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #18495
Hack
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,551
Just heard from VACommuter/Mike and it seems he is ok. Open fracture broken big toe. Glad your ok Brutha Ride safe folks.

Mike says we will hear from him this weekend.

Hack screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 10:40 AM Reason: Name added w/permission
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote