Oddometer: 5,772
GTA V trailer #2

Releases Spring 2013

Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #5597
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,105
I'd sure love to get one of those special 10th anniversary XBOX 360s they are giving away. Checked my join date, 8/2002...I was a beta tester.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57...-360-consoles/

Just got around to playing Halo Reach. I've fallen behind.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #5598
OtterChaos
Guzzi Guzzi Guzzi

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Yep, I've been having fun with BO II. I am not very good, but it is fun so I don't care! I think I have about 1.5 hours in the game thus far. I am still figuring out the new weapon upgrading/buying system. Seems like it will force you to prestige if you want to unlock everything. Sucks for me because I do not play enough to work my way through all the prestige levels. I guess I will just find a gun I like and stick with it.
Been playing the game as well and like you I won't prestige often (if ever) and I've found the FAL assault rifle with selector switch (for full auto fire) and target finder sight (enemies show up with a red triangle around themselves) makes it a bit easier to get some kills. Just don't do what I do and forget to switch the gun to full auto at the start of the match, so many times I run around the corner, mash the trigger and get one shot off and the guy turns around and kills me.

Submachine guns on smaller levels like Hijack (the yacht level) work very well too.
OtterChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #5599
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,569
Walmart is selling a shit ton of games on black Friday for 25 bucks including Borderlands II......I don't really need more games but damn this is tempting.

Plus I've got a friend who is probably going to buy my old 32" 720P so I'm headed to Costco to get something 42+, gaming is going to kick ass this coming year!

Also used Kinect's are going to be 40 bucks at Gamestop....thinking about getting one for when I visit my lil bro/sis at that price. I'm surprised their black Friday ad isn't out yet though (though it has been leaked for days), also last year they had a bunch of early sales for power up members the day before Thanksgiving and I haven't gotten any E-mails yet.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 10:12 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #5600
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,852
Bought MOH-W through Origin on Saturday. It finally finished installing Sunday and I got in a couple hours late Sunday night. Not a bad FPS, but the control layout is taking me some time to get used to. So many little things like changing optics and iron sights on the same weapon, etc. that took some getting used to. Guess it might have been easier if I didn't decide to start out single-player on Hard.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #5601
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Walmart is selling a shit ton of games on black Friday for 25 bucks including Borderlands II......I don't really need more games but damn this is tempting.

Plus I've got a friend who is probably going to buy my old 32" 720P so I'm headed to Costco to get something 42+, gaming is going to kick ass this coming year!

Also used Kinect's are going to be 40 bucks at Gamestop....thinking about getting one for when I visit my lil bro/sis at that price. I'm surprised their black Friday ad isn't out yet though (though it has been leaked for days), also last year they had a bunch of early sales for power up members the day before Thanksgiving and I haven't gotten any E-mails yet.
Borderlands 2 is worth it if you can find it for 25 bucks. I am not getting the new Black Ops 2. I refuse to give any more hours of my life to that franchise.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #5602
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,687
Hell, I just started borderlands 1 this week. Good timing for me. I'll have 2 in waiting for later.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #5603
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Hell, I just started borderlands 1 this week. Good timing for me. I'll have 2 in waiting for later.
1 is HUGE, I did the full first playthrough a year ago, started the 2nd one this summer and really got into it this month. Now that I've got a feel for the game again I have all the DLC's to play. If you have the game of the year edition you've got countless hours of play through.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #5604
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,430
I have 88 hours played in the Borderlands GOTY edition.....I'm just barely into the second playthrough....
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #5605
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
1 is HUGE, I did the full first playthrough a year ago, started the 2nd one this summer and really got into it this month. Now that I've got a feel for the game again I have all the DLC's to play. If you have the game of the year edition you've got countless hours of play through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I have 88 hours played in the Borderlands GOTY edition.....I'm just barely into the second playthrough....
I'm three evenings in to it - level 14, no idea hours at this point. I've got the game of the year edition, and first thing I did is load up all the DLC, so I don't even know what was original and what was added on.
It's OK, and I see me wasting a good portion of the winter on it, but it certainly doesn't have the hook that fallout or skyrim had on me.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #5606
antwon412
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Semi-related....

Took the kids to see Wreck it Ralph. Very good. The game references were great. And the animation, especially of the 8-bit characters was very funny.
antwon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #5607
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I'm three evenings in to it - level 14, no idea hours at this point. I've got the game of the year edition, and first thing I did is load up all the DLC, so I don't even know what was original and what was added on.
It's OK, and I see me wasting a good portion of the winter on it, but it certainly doesn't have the hook that fallout or skyrim had on me.
Keep an eye out for the Pestalance Defiler pistol and the Hellfire smg. These were two of my favorite weapons. And in the general Knoxx dlc the Chimera pistol. If you find youself stuck and can't get past a boss, open the game to public and se if some teamwork doesn't spice things up. I remember you mentioned you don't play online, have someone join you and play split screen coop. Being able to be revived is helpful.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #5608
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
Keep an eye out for the Pestalance Defiler pistol and the Hellfire smg. These were two of my favorite weapons. And in the general Knoxx dlc the Chimera pistol. If you find youself stuck and can't get past a boss, open the game to public and se if some teamwork doesn't spice things up. I remember you mentioned you don't play online, have someone join you and play split screen coop. Being able to be revived is helpful.
Hell, the boy has been pestering me if it can be played split screen. I guess I'll have to try it.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #5609
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
Another question. Will things stay where I drop them? I already picked up a shield that has a level 25 requirement. Do I have to keep it in my inventory till I can use it, or can a dump it somewhere and go back and pick it up later? Only being able to carry 12 things makes sense, but hell, I collect more stuff than that between visits to vending machines sometimes. I've been dropping the cheapest thing in inventory to take something else back to sell.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #5610
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,430
If you have the GOTY edition, go to Underdome and deposit the items you want to keep for later in the bank. They won't stay there if you drop them out in the world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: