User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
I was there once for the blackfoot offroad training and it was a pretty neat place. You should be able to call for conditions.

Phone: 403.240.4025
(24 hrs Information Hotline)
Track: 403.258.1883

I always wanted to go back and maybe a few days into a chinook would be good. I will for sure PM you if I plan to go. Will probably post up here too. Always more fun when there are people to help me get my bike back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSoCal View Post
Thanks, I'm totally psyched about it. I did finally get the XRR running well on gravel, tuning the suspension helped a lot (it was way too stiff), but the biggest improvement was lowering the air pressure in the tires. Night and day. We'll see how the KTM compares off-road, but so far I'm thinking it might not be too bad. When I was out there like an idiot trying to ride it in the snow I was obviously paranoid about dropping it first time out, but after a few minutes of getting more and more frustrated with the rear tire spinning all the time I found that even with zero traction it was nicely balanced and didn't feel as heavy as I thought it would. I pulled off the MT90 last night and put on the TKC just for good measure - damn, what's with breaking the bead on the Scorpions? I had to put the XRR's side stand on the tire wall and lift the whole bike onto it to get it off the rim!

Anyway the MX park sounds like an excellent idea, I still haven't been. Drop me a msg if you ever head out there, sounds like a perfect place to practice.
flossandfly is online now   Reply With Quote