Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #676
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
That bike looks cherry! You should get the dad of the year award for buying the kiddos a bw to keep the sport going
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #677
LDL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
I'd store it down here in Houston for ya , that is sweet look'n !!!! Good job Santa !
LDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #678
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 703
Long live the BigWheel!

Shercoman,

The wheel did arrive:

Whoo hoo! It's awesome. You set off several days of hand wringing about what tire to put on it. I thought I knew what going to go on the rim but when I started searching anew, a bunch of new options came to light.

This turned out to be the front runner:

It's available in a 24x11-10 and should take a bunch of carbide studs without any problems.

I would be in a bigger rush to get it on the bike but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to claim to have the first 10" wheel on a BW. Perhaps, the first studded 10" wheel on a BW?

The machining was awesome, by the way. I can't imagine taking off any less material while still making it easy to run the sprocket through the gap. Well done.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #679
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 230
Let the awesomeness begin! I just hope that you did not put that on the hub that had the seized bearings.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #680
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

makes me wanna go out and ride the 2 hunny in the backyard or at least go out to the garage and sit and bounce upn down on it.One of the companies need to bring these backSome one said they were banned along w the 3 wheelers because they were unstable.Half the people that got hurt on the trikes didnt belong on one let alone a bicycle.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #681
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

THe only bad things on mine are no outter chain guard,the shocks are undersprung and the lighting coil went out.When I get or if I get more money Id like to swap out the cdi/lighting coil,get the guard and put werks shocks on it see if that helps any.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #682
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
i'm still waiting on my 350, fuk its been a long wait. bought and paid for, just waiting on a relative to bring with when moving back home. nice lookin 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmweder View Post
Just made a deal on this one for the boys for Christmas. Have to hide it until then. Can't wait to take it to the mountains.
DEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #683
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Cliff,

I did indeed put the wheel on the axle with the seized bearings. But that is only because both of the spare axles have seized bearings. I'm lucky that they are not seized on the running BW after all of the maintenance that we did after the last ride.

Speaking of Cliff, this is a picture of Cliff's Crash Site:

Of course this shot was taken in daylight hours when it is obvious that you shouldn't ride through this at speed.

There we were, minding our own business, when out of the darkness a great void in the ice reached up to grab Cliff. He can now only walk in 10 foot circles and belongs to the Ministry of Funny Walks.

The object lessons:

1.) If you have any possibility that you are going to ride after dark, ensure that your headlight is not
aimed at the tops of the trees.

2.) Do not watch a captivating sunset from the top of a mountain and then say "uh oh."

3.) Helmet lights are a great investment. But obviously not one that we have done anything about since discussing it in this thread roughly 12 months ago.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 03:42 PM
Mr. BigWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #684
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 230
To those unfamiliar with the above trail, there is a crashed B-29 bomber near the top of the mountain in the background (not visible in pic). I crashed the Bigwheel-350 at a much lower altitude. I can almost walk again without the aid of crutches. But alas I will soon throw a leg (but hopefully not break it) over the BW again in the winter months to come.

Cliff.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #685
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BigWheel View Post
Long live the BigWheel!

Shercoman,

The wheel did arrive:

Whoo hoo! It's awesome. You set off several days of hand wringing about what tire to put on it. I thought I knew what going to go on the rim but when I started searching anew, a bunch of new options came to light.

This turned out to be the front runner:

It's available in a 24x11-10 and should take a bunch of carbide studs without any problems.

I would be in a bigger rush to get it on the bike but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to claim to have the first 10" wheel on a BW. Perhaps, the first studded 10" wheel on a BW?

The machining was awesome, by the way. I can't imagine taking off any less material while still making it easy to run the sprocket through the gap. Well done.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

If anyone else wants to use this wheel and go to a 10 inch tire I can modify more of these wheels easily.
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #686
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff h View Post
To those unfamiliar with the above trail, there is a crashed B-29 bomber near the top of the mountain in the background (not visible in pic). I crashed the Bigwheel-350 at a much lower altitude. I can almost walk again without the aid of crutches. But alas I will soon throw a leg (but hopefully not break it) over the BW again in the winter months to come.

Cliff.
Here's to a speedy recovery

You really need some of my LED lights on yer bike
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #687
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

sanjoh,

Those lights do look pretty sweet. Is there any realistic possibility of making a helmet light out of the 3600 lumen one? Or is it too heavy, bulky, etc?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #688
Travrsx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Love this thread... Not sure if I posted here before, but if not, I have a good excuse.

Look what followed me home today... BW200 with electric start. Of course it doesn't run, and is ratty as all hell. But, I paid next to nothing for it. It will be my third big wheel, I have two BW80's.

I was celebrating my victory, rolling it down my ramps out of the truck...... When the front brake seized up. The cable is so old that it won't move.

This is going to be fun!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #689
LDL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Sweet , two more BW200's brought back out of retirement in the same week !! Keep finding them and bringing them back to life !!!
LDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #690
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travrsx View Post
Love this thread... Not sure if I posted here before, but if not, I have a good excuse.

Look what followed me home today... BW200 with electric start. Of course it doesn't run, and is ratty as all hell. But, I paid next to nothing for it. It will be my third big wheel, I have two BW80's.

I was celebrating my victory, rolling it down my ramps out of the truck...... When the front brake seized up. The cable is so old that it won't move.

This is going to be fun!

That's in pretty good shape and it looks like all the parts are there.You're starting out much farther along than many on this thread!
Doesn't look like many miles either.That back tire looks pretty fresh if it's original.
You'll have a hoot with it!
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote