ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #3631
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bails's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Wollongong Australia
Oddometer: 402
Told that australian delivery will be Feb 2013 ! still summer in Australia so it would make some sense to deliver to the Southern Hemisphere first. Fascinates me how BMW is pricing in different countries? I was talking to a Australian mate of mine who owns a Hardly Dealership and he said that Harley is going for world pricing, which means their bikes will be the same price world wide. Different pricing just hurts the dealer , as people do direct imports from cheaper countries .
__________________
If it has to Be then it's up to Me!
Bikes Multi Strada 1200 BMW GSA
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #3632
GSBruce
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Oddometer: 132
I finally get to turn in my order tomorrow - I am first on the list at Gulf Coast BMW in South Houston, Texas. They tell me I will get the first bike they get, build date will be ~January 1, 2013, and that I will have my 2013 R1200GS during the second half of February 2013.
__________________
2000 BMW R1150GS / 1983 Honda XL600R
GSBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #3633
Sailorlite
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: So. Calif.
Oddometer: 395
Will that Jan. GS be sold to you as a 2013 model or as a 2014 model? (I assume you're expecting the new water cooled version).
__________________
'14 R1200GS
Priors: '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5.
Sailorlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #3634
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBruce View Post
I finally get to turn in my order tomorrow - I am first on the list at Gulf Coast BMW in South Houston, Texas. They tell me I will get the first bike they get, build date will be ~January 1, 2013, and that I will have my 2013 R1200GS during the second half of February 2013.
Are LED lights on the option list?
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #3635
Rauven
I like the cold...
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Tønsberg, Norway
Oddometer: 195
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Told that australian delivery will be Feb 2013 ! still summer in Australia so it would make some sense to deliver to the Southern Hemisphere first. Fascinates me how BMW is pricing in different countries? I was talking to a Australian mate of mine who owns a Hardly Dealership and he said that Harley is going for world pricing, which means their bikes will be the same price world wide. Different pricing just hurts the dealer , as people do direct imports from cheaper countries .
Well, in case of Norway it isn't really BMWs doing. The policy here is a quite closed market supporting local products and buisneses. So we have a very high income, which results in high prices where human work is required, so for the local dealerships not to die from people importing from abroad where it is twice cheaper
there is an almost 100% import tax. So importing comes out basically the same as buying here. Bit of a self propelling mechanism...
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #3636
Bronkin
n00b
 
Bronkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Oddometer: 1
Deposit down on liquid cooled GS

I am number 2 on the list at Asheville NC dealer. No pricing yet and im hoping led lights are available in the us.
Bronkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #3637
Oldpeg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Oldpeg's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Oddometer: 136
Price of 2013 1200 GS?

Anybody has an idea of an approximate retail base price of the liquid-cooled 2013 1200 GS? Or has a good cristal ball?

Thanks.
__________________
One ride a day keeps the doctor away.
Oldpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #3638
RetrogradE
Banned
 
RetrogradE's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Cap City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpeg View Post
Anybody has an idea of an approximate retail base price of the liquid-cooled 2013 1200 GS? Or has a good cristal ball?

Thanks.
Read up on this thread--the last few pages. According to the ADV Hive Mind, should be priced about the same as the outgoing camhead.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post20038900
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #3639
longslowdistance
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
March/April 2013 as a 2014 model in the US.
Not arguing with a dealer, just observing that my local dealer just told me 2013 model at first, which surprised me. Who cares? Assuming the first model year is buggier, a 2014 may be a bit more reliable than at 2013. If they are all 2014s, the continuous improvement process will still favor a later bike.
longslowdistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #3640
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Copperhill, Tennessee
Oddometer: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by longslowdistance View Post
Not arguing with a dealer, just observing that my local dealer just told me 2013 model at first, which surprised me. Who cares? Assuming the first model year is buggier, a 2014 may be a bit more reliable than at 2013. If they are all 2014s, the continuous improvement process will still favor a later bike.
Not a dealer, my friend...........

But I did stay in a Holiday Inn last nite....

Do have friends in the Business....thru out.
__________________
Dean O
BMW nut and Happy Camper
Copperhill, Tn.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #3641
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
Not a dealer, my friend...........

But I did stay in a Holiday Inn last nite....

Do have friends in the Business....thru out.
What are you hearing about the LED headlight option in the U.S.?
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #3642
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Copperhill, Tennessee
Oddometer: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
What are you hearing about the LED headlight option in the U.S.?
Nothing definitive...yet, although they are requested on my order, no info on pricing yet either, but my understanding is that it is to be about the same as the current model.
__________________
Dean O
BMW nut and Happy Camper
Copperhill, Tn.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #3643
Marki_GSA
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 565
The bikes sold in 2013 might well be "bugier" but I doubt your going to find out and have revisions by 2014. Very few people do enough miles in a year to show design problems unless it's a huge problem. The first of the 1200s were 2004 but the first fd redesign wasn't until 2006 then 2007, 2008 and 2010 although a few of those changes were only drain plugs and stuff. Fuel pump controllers took until 2008-2009 to sort out. Basically don't expect to wait a year and get a well sorted model if even any different at all. When you think about it though there has only been a couple of show stopping common problems, although a good few niggles and one of them, the fd has never been fully sorted.
Marki_GSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #3644
khale
ride dirty
 
khale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac57 View Post
And there will no doubt be a US launch as well. Want to start early bets as to that venue?
San Fransisco.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSW | 1972 BMW R75/5 toaster | 2011 Husky TE310
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #3645
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here
 
Emperor Norton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: North of Alcatraz
Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
San Fransisco.
Not sure if serious...

If so, a bad idea, the locals have been snippy lately over foreskins, whale or otherwise.
__________________
Pics of whatever/where ever http://joee.smugmug.com
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015