Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #61
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtconnector View Post
Here we go again. The rubber on these mounts is crap. The replacement light was found hanging when we stopped on a ride brake today. We ended up close to the dealer on the ride and they are going to replace it, but it's getting to be a PITA to keep going back to the dealer.

burmbuster, which light are you replacing with? Got a link?
This puzzles me. I wonder if its a new plastic that they started using on some of the newer models.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #62
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Here we go again. The rubber on these mounts is crap. The replacement light was found hanging when we stopped on a ride brake today. We ended up close to the dealer on the ride and they are going to replace it, but it's getting to be a PITA to keep going back to the dealer.

burmbuster, which light are you replacing with? Got a link?
Try this.
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...h-Tiger-800-XC
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #63
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,820
Typical Touratech USA - they are 99 EUR in the German store - including 19% VAT. Can't help but the Touratech USA guys have some very interesting pricing policies.

Get someone in Germany to buy them for you possibly when he/she travels to Europe. Will save you $50. I'll wait until one of my colleagues travels again or until someone from the family comes visiting again.

I also plan to get some other stuff from Germany soon - if somebody wants to piggy back on the order, let me know. It'll be in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #64
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Typical Touratech USA - they are 99 EUR in the German store - including 19% VAT. Can't help but the Touratech USA guys have some very interesting pricing policies.

Get someone in Germany to buy them for you possibly when he/she travels to Europe. Will save you $50. I'll wait until one of my colleagues travels again or until someone from the family comes visiting again.

I also plan to get some other stuff from Germany soon - if somebody wants to piggy back on the order, let me know. It'll be in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
Yep. And I was also told that the connectors are different than stock AND there are no installation directions directly related to the Tiger 800. Read a post where they have been installed and the end result was great but they were a pita with no directions. They also don't stick out as far which is a plus.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #65
Old Way
MOTU

Oddometer: 62
This week while drudging along in traffic, (90+ deg), I stalled the bike at an intersection and it refused to start. The engine would slowly crank over but would not start. pushed off the highway and after 3 minutes I tried to start it and it fired up as usual. I turn the key off and it re-fires immediately, slip the clutch to intentionally stall it and it would not start. Agian a short wait and it re-lights.
Tried it again with cold engine and it would start right away. Out of town for a few days, will take to dealer and see whats up. BTW, had the recall ecu done before this happened. I rarely stall the bike so not sure if this effected the engine management.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #66
yal
n00b

Oddometer: 4
My gas gauge seems to have issues. I'll put 4 gallons in after the light comes on, and the gauge barely goes over half. It doesn't move until 75 miles or so, then works normally. First service is due in about 100 miles, so i'll have it checked/fixed then.
yal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #67
the_babaji
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
I don't know what your dealership is like but...

Better put on a go pro video of you tanking up. This way you have concrete proof for the service dept. Then maybe you can get some love.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
the_babaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #68
dirtconnector
erythematic nucha

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylent
So my new tiger has shed 3 of 4 indicators in under a week. Seems like the heat has made them super soft and high speed wind or light pressure makes the rubber crack and tear. My front signals are being held on with gorilla tape right now, and right rear is duct taped to the side of the bike. Anyone else having problems with this? Bike has not been down. Its almost as if I have a turn signal gremlin chewing on them at night!

Other than that. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!

My left front was found broken on a ride just Friday. I was thinking maybe the factory or dealer torqued it too tight? The dealer is going to cover it. Mine is 2012 I've had for little over one week. I super glued mine till the dealer gets the new part in.
Could be a heat issue, maybe. It's been hot here in WNC, but I tend to think it's a bad batch of plastic/rubber that the indicator is made of.

Just saw this thread. The original post is in the tiger 800 mega thread.
Round 3 of the broken turn indicator light. Pisser.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #69
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
This guy had a problem, just wanted to link back here on this thread...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Tiger+800XC
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #70
LotusKTM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Turn signals

Great thread. Regarding the turn signal issues.Tourtech are a tad pricey.
Look into Baja Designs. They have ha proven track record and for my money and experience, that is the direction I'll go. $52 a pair.
www.bajadesigns.com

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/...lacement-parts

They are in the Dual Sport kit area
LotusKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #71
slobinski
Inept adventurer

Oddometer: 382
A couple weeks ago I set out to check valve clearances, replace plugs, air filter, etc, since I'm not really riding much this time of year. Removed the tank, airbox, loosened up the throttle bodies and was finally able to get the valve cover off. The intakes were on the tight side of spec but acceptable, but the exhausts were waaay tight.

Upon opening things up further, I discovered that both camshafts had scoring on the bearing surfaces, with matching gouges in the journals on the cylinder head. The cam lobes, however, looked fine. I paid a visit to my not-so-local dealer and showed him the parts. He filed a warranty claim on the spot, and after waiting for parts, I dropped the bike off yesterday.

It's a 2012 Roadie, about 8200 miles on the clock.
slobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #72
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,509
My Tigger Roadie at 3500k miles has developed a clunk in the front end somewhere. After diagnosing it, I determined the steering head bearings were loose. I read around on several boards and found that apparently there is a TSB from Triumph regarding this issue. No one seems to have any real specifics, except they replace the double locking nut arrangement with a single castle nut and new washer. I decided for now to not take it in, since I don't trust my local dealer all that much and wanted to keep riding while the late season weather held, so I tightened the bearings myself. However, this may account for some of the complaints about the front end.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #73
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,058
2. It's started ticking at about 5k or so. The engine makes a bit of noise like tappets. I talked to the dealer and got the same answer that some guys on the tiger forum got... "some of them do that...dont worry about it"

Does it only tick at start up? I know my Tiger isn't a 800, but it is still a Triumph Triple. My 06 955i ticks at start up and for a couple of minute of driving, then goes away. Dealer said that the valves are just a tad loose and don't worry about it. Tight valves are bad, but slightly loose is fine as they will tighten over time. This was right after a valve adjustment at around 14,000 miles last year. Still does it and runs strong at 20ish thousand miles.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #74
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,264
2013 XC with around 1400m so far..

Only problem I have is front wheel hop from 40-50MPH. May try some new tires soon. Dealer says he can't feel it and has never heard of anyone else having this problem.

Also, dealer installed my heated grips incorrectly, lead came lose and blew a fuse. So they ordered a new set under warranty. Week and a half later, no sign of them...

Sounds like I need to sit down and do a bolt check like I have to do on my KLR from time to time...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #75
andykeck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
2. It's started ticking at about 5k or so. The engine makes a bit of noise like tappets. I talked to the dealer and got the same answer that some guys on the tiger forum got... "some of them do that...dont worry about it"

Does it only tick at start up? I know my Tiger isn't a 800, but it is still a Triumph Triple. My 06 955i ticks at start up and for a couple of minute of driving, then goes away. Dealer said that the valves are just a tad loose and don't worry about it. Tight valves are bad, but slightly loose is fine as they will tighten over time. This was right after a valve adjustment at around 14,000 miles last year. Still does it and runs strong at 20ish thousand miles.
Mine started ticking right about that same mileage. It does it all the time. At the 6k service last summer, the dealer service guy said it sounded like the other Tigers they had in. We'll see how things look/sound at the next service interval.
andykeck is offline   Reply With Quote