Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Surlycamera OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wee Strom - moving from SV

Hello - New to the board.
Short version - Anyone gone from an SV650s to a V-Strom or any other ADV bike and have some feed back on what to look for or stay away from?

Long Version -
I've got an 06 SVS that I love. When I bought it in 07 I wanted to get a V-Strom but could not find one near me so I settled (sort of) on the SV mostly due to impatience. So now I'm thinking about selling the SV and getting a V-Strom. I'm going to look at other bikes as well, but I really like the DR650 Adventure. The main things about the SV that I don't like are comfort, and lack of storage. I put on Heli-bars and had the seat re-done by Spencer. I have no complaints about the work that Mr. Turner did. I just can't ride more than about 150mi. without being uncomfortable. It's the position and shape of the seat. Also, I simply don't need a sporty riding position anymore. I want a taller windshield, hard bags, be able to ride for a few hours without feeling like I've had a paddlin. I will be commuting mostly, with a few trips throughout the year. The taller bike will be helpful to see over cars (I assume) and the bags will be good for picking up the groceries, etc... I'm open to suggestions about any bike, but the V-Strom is my starting point. I'm also not opposed to used. Are the new Suzuki hard bags decent? Better spending my money on good aftermarket ones?
Surlycamera is offline   Reply With Quote