Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #316
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philander View Post
So I barely passed YOUR definition of manhood. Meh. That's alright.
As for coffee, a quad grande americano is 4 shots of espresso topped off with water...What, you're not manly enough to drink that?

All kidding aside, I think that the definition of 'masculine' has evolved. As it should. It used to be 'manly' to smack your wife around and yell at the kids...I prefer to be a gentleman, albeit a capable one.

A sample of stuff over the past 2 weeks or so: I changed the oil and gear oil on my 1987 Porsche as part of the winterization routine, built an 8'x8' deck alone, played dress-up with my daughter, played soccer with my daughter, attended taekwondo lessons that my daughter and I take together, cooked dinner for my girlfriend, discovered a very nice South African wine that was pretty good for the price, painted my daughter's nails, went for a 2 up dirt ride with my girl, got my back-country skis ready for the season, bought tickets for a stage production of Pride and Prejudice as a surprise for my girlfriend, landed a 3 year consulting gig at a reasonable rate and bought myself a nice suit as a reward.

Specialization is for insects.
WOW...u gotta good daughter! rather shes got a good dad! minus the starbucks every day...

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #317
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,611
Honestly, I pass his definition of man. So you might want to reconsider whether his definition has any validity.

I do have a particularly awesome tool collection. Don't touch it.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #318
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhawley View Post
I also have a PC800 and 2 lawnmowers...so shut the fuck up
so u gotta ride a GS to be a real man...u are special
A pc800? I literally cannot fathom a more girly bike that isn't pink.
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #319
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
A pc800? I literally cannot fathom a more girly bike that isn't pink.
so u don't like my pink GSA then do you. To each his own. I bet i got more miles riding on my PC800 than you do on your damn car.

FYYFF...the lot of you

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #320
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

or my hi-viz colored Honda Rebel.
Take your pick..

Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #321
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
so u don't like my pink GSA then do you. To each his own. I bet i got more miles riding on my PC800 than you do on your damn car.

FYYFF...the lot of you
You probably do have more miles on that PC than I do on my car. I don't drive it much. I mostly ride my Honda Shadow.

A pink GSA? Germans are weird...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #322
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
You probably do have more miles on that PC than I do on my car. I don't drive it much. I mostly ride my Honda Shadow.

A pink GSA? Germans are weird...
I had it custom painted w/ white poka-dots
we can get together this weekend, wear our assless chaps and go to starbucks.

I just hate starbuck...just for the principle of the matter...and diss on them at every possibility.

jbhawley screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 09:45 AM
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #323
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I had it custom painted w/ white poka-dots
we can get together this weekend, wear our assless chaps and go to starbucks.

I just hate starbuck...just for the principle of the matter...and diss on them at every possibility.
I'd rather have 7-11 coffee.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #324
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

My 10 cent yes/no test is surely not scientific in any manner, but more of the stuff I look at to determine how manly a man really is. It is not the type bike/car he owns or if he drinks 5$ coffees. Who gives a shit on that? So quit your fucking bashing.

In all seriousness and back to the OP point of this thread...
Rather than why are so men emasculated, lets look at what makes a man manly.

Manly is an adjective used to describe the physical and psychological characteristics of individuals traditionally associated with men such as courage and strength. Manliness differs from masculinity in that the latter refers to a simple biological predestination while the former is often used to describe the more sublime ideals of qualities traditionally specific to men. All males are masculine as they are sexually male. Yet manliness looks down upon males not exhibiting full native characteristics. (thus my 10 cent questionnaire).

Here is a more scientific approach/wording if you desire:

• The manly male does not obsess over losing physical looks, and is not obsessed with physical appearance or the natural process of aging. Conversely, the metro sexual male has emerged in recent years by panty-waste males obsessing over looks and fashion. i.e. more than 40$ for jeans.
  • To be a mature man, one must be committed to his family by contributing to it however he may. i.e. Mow your lawn, wash your car, maintain your vehicles, know how to fix stuff, spendign time with your family, kids, etc.
  • It is manly to be calm, provide emotional support for those in need, and not be weepy. Knowing when to empathize shows a true man. i.e telling a friend "that sucks" when he jsut wrecked his bike and meaning it.
  • Manliness is logical, intellectual, rational, objective and practical, not overtly emotional. Not a lot of logical thinking or practically in our culture today. These 4 values have nearly become obsolete within the youths of our nation.
  • A man seeks leadership roles such as guiding, disciplinarian, independent, free, individualistic, demanding. When is the last time you gave your kid a whipping for being bad or breaking the rules? HMMM! If you are under a certain age then it is doubtful you ever saw a switch or belt on your ass as a kid. Today's youths are given time-outs and ridlin instead of a old fashioned spanking.
  • Manliness is self-satisfied in that it does not seek nor need the approval of others. Here is the pussy whipped part that the earlier posts stumbled with. Men seeking the ultimate approval of other men or women and not "being their own man" - a term lost on most younger men today.
  • The manly consider risking loss to stand for important beliefs or principles. i.e If you don't stand for something then you stand for nothing.
..just my .02 worth...

____
|_____
|_____
|_____

Stepping off my soapbox.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #325
UrsaMobili
Canoodian Expat

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
My 10 cent yes/no test is surely not scientific in any manner, but more of the stuff I look at to determine how manly a man really is. It is not the type bike/car he owns or if he drinks 5$ coffees. Who gives a shit on that? So quit your fucking bashing.

In all seriousness and back to the OP point of this thread...
Rather than why are so men emasculated, lets look at what makes a man manly.
Thus +1

and

Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
UrsaMobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #326
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
I also have a PC800 and 2 lawnmowers...so shut the fuck up
so u gotta ride a GS to be a real man...u are special
Being a man is not the same as being an ass.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #327
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,973
Holy hell. Just measure dicks and be done with it. :-)
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #328
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Holy sheeee---iiiitttt! I could go on for days on the "chic-ifaction" of the American male population; metrosexual men, pansies, tools...whatever you want to call them.

IMO, and FAIW...
I do agree that most men (the aforementioned) are completely pussy whipped. I had an old family friend tell me when I was out sowing my oats way back in the day:

"Women own half the land, half the money and all the pussy"

Think about that for a moment. That one statement basically sums up why most panty waste men are like they are.

Do you or have you...?
Clean your own house (you or your wife)?
Wash your own car?
Wash your won clothes?
Change you own vehicle oil (car or bike)?
Mow your own lawn?
Change a flat tire on your car?
Refuse to pay someone to do something that you can do?
Know how to drink water from a spigot or stream without the use of a bottle/container?
If you answer NO then you need to give your "man card" back!

Have more suits and ties than tools?
Only drink water from a bottle?
Paid more than 2$ for cup of coffee on purpose?
Wear matching underwear and socks?
Worry if your belt and shoes match?
Watch Lifetime TV more than Spike TV?
Paid more than 40$ for a pair of bluejeans?
If you answer YES then just shoot yourself as you are a total waste to manhood!
Umm...If you really give enough of a crap to even ponder all this for much longer than it takes to read it, you need to give your man-card back.

Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #329
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
Being a man is not the same as being an ass.

PhilB
A lot of people miss this. Many people, especially modern westernized women, even try to manipulate guys by telling them they're being an ass whenever they're not being a pushover. I often tell these would-be manipulators to go fuck themselves. Telling somebody "no" doesn't necessarily mean that you're an ass. Disagreeing doesn't necessarily make you an ass either.

'Doesn't mean you're not though.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #330
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,051
Quote:
Here is a more scientific approach/wording if you desire:
Apparently being manly means being trapped in the 1950's. No thanks.

That road leads to men being disposable and women being fragile caged creatures. No thanks - enjoy your Ward Cleaver fantasy, though.