Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #14341
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Just a bit of info that the 2013 models have a MSRP of $14,790. Dealer invoice also went up, so it will porbably be difficult getting as good a price as many of us got on 2012 models.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #14342
ironslede68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
that's better than the price that was on the 12 model blue one at the local dealer. 14,900 was bottom dollar. i guess i need to look around more.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #14343
true grip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironslede68 View Post
that's better than the price that was on the 12 model blue one at the local dealer. 14,900 was bottom dollar. i guess i need to look around more.
Check with D and H cycles Cullman AL They sell quite a few
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #14344
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Hi Phill,
Yea he is 1k over Sussex. And Sussex also included heated grips in the deal. No setup fees.
It will most likely sit. Ill ping him in Jan or Feb when he is softened up a bit.
Hey Frank, one of the local dealers was selling them for $11,995 a while back. Maybe a fly 'n ride.....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #14345
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Aw, c'mon, Rick... You know you want one to replace your Dreamsicle. Otherwise why would you keep hanging around here?

No doubt you would only get yours in the special "Brokeback Mountain Edition" black, though! :ymca

Dallara~
I would have thought he would have needed a special "Troll" model.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #14346
Superstar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
People should really support your local dealers when practical. I'm not talking about paying crazy money or even MSRP, but if the difference between local and "Fly-n-Ride" is only a couple of hundred dollars and you like the dealer otherwise, do the deal locally.

Motorcycle dealers have been hit really hard by this economy, so if you have a good one close, support them unless you want to see them disappear.
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #14347
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,746
Thumb Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
People should really support your local dealers when practical. I'm not talking about paying crazy money or even MSRP, but if the difference between local and "Fly-n-Ride" is only a couple of hundred dollars and you like the dealer otherwise, do the deal locally.

Motorcycle dealers have been hit really hard by this economy, so if you have a good one close, support them unless you want to see them disappear.

Amen, Bruddah! Amen!

When I was a Honda dealer I was always stunned by the guys who would drive 300 miles to save $200 on a motorcycle. Didn't matter to them that the other dealer they were driving to was that much closer to the manufacturer's warehouse and as such his freight on the bike was much, much less... Or that the other dealer was located in a much larger metropolitan market that allowed him volume I couldn't compete with... Etc., etc., etc.

But what stunned me even more was when that same guy, who had gone all that way to save a handful of dollars, would come crying to my shop when he had a problem and expected me to drop everything and instantly work on his bike... And also expected that I put him ahead of all those customers who had purchased motorcycles from my shop.

Only thing is that I wouldn't... Wouldn't put them ahead of my own customers. Not in a heartbeat.

And ya' know, it's funny... All those guys who did the drive-and-buy, or fly-and-ride, would then bad-mouth my store left and right, all while never even bothering to take it back where they bought it and see if that guy was any better. Oh, no! They praised that dealer for the great deal they got.

But it didn't matter, because those guys that did buy from me praised my service everywhere they went, and bought from us again and again. In fact, over 70% of our business over the years was repeat customers (in both that Honda shop and our car dealerships along the way), and ya' know... Each time they bought a vehicle they got a better and better deal each time.

In other words, folks... Remember the door swings both ways. If you have a good local dealer, support him, and he'll support you. Don't support him and one day he won't be there.

To this day people still tell me they wish I was still the Honda dealer here, and despise the guy who is now. He has a dirty, dingy, dark store with a lousy service and parts department. And I go to the Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer...

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #14348
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
Quote:

Agree!!
What a difference between the BMW dealer I had and the Yamaha I have now!!
Hope Yamaha still having nice bikes so I can still having relation with this dealer...
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #14349
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,000
Quote:

+1.

My local dealer has been really good. No marble floors, no fancy coffee machines, just a basic clean shop in a mid rent part of town. I have tried to find a Lexus parked around the back but I think they ride bikes.
Friendly, good service and fair prices.

I like to support shops like that.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #14350
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,097
No one supports local dealers more then me
Seriously!

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #14351
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Amen, Bruddah! Amen!

When I was a Honda dealer I was always stunned by the guys who would drive 300 miles to save $200 on a motorcycle. Didn't matter to them that the other dealer they were driving to was that much closer to the manufacturer's warehouse and as such his freight on the bike was much, much less... Or that the other dealer was located in a much larger metropolitan market that allowed him volume I couldn't compete with... Etc., etc., etc.

But what stunned me even more was when that same guy, who had gone all that way to save a handful of dollars, would come crying to my shop when he had a problem and expected me to drop everything and instantly work on his bike... And also expected that I put him ahead of all those customers who had purchased motorcycles from my shop.

Only thing is that I wouldn't... Wouldn't put them ahead of my own customers. Not in a heartbeat.

And ya' know, it's funny... All those guys who did the drive-and-buy, or fly-and-ride, would then bad-mouth my store left and right, all while never even bothering to take it back where they bought it and see if that guy was any better. Oh, no! They praised that dealer for the great deal they got.

But it didn't matter, because those guys that did buy from me praised my service everywhere they went, and bought from us again and again. In fact, over 70% of our business over the years was repeat customers (in both that Honda shop and our car dealerships along the way), and ya' know... Each time they bought a vehicle they got a better and better deal each time.

In other words, folks... Remember the door swings both ways. If you have a good local dealer, support him, and he'll support you. Don't support him and one day he won't be there.

To this day people still tell me they wish I was still the Honda dealer here, and despise the guy who is now. He has a dirty, dingy, dark store with a lousy service and parts department. And I go to the Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer...

Dallara

~
since you didn't say otherwise I assume said dealer is still in business
Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #14352
WestVirginia
Well spoke'n

Oddometer: 84
3 lb

Has anyone else noticed that the 2013 Tenere weighs 3 pounds more than the 2012?

Well, according to Yamaha's website anyway...
WestVirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #14353
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,000
3lbs. Damn!!

Thicker paint under the tank?

Maybe they added 3lbs to the crank plate Or whatever that "not a sump" is called.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #14354
WestVirginia
Well spoke'n

Oddometer: 84
Well, I was just happy to see that I'm not the only thing that gets heavier each year.
WestVirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #14355
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,746
Cry Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
since you didn't say otherwise I assume said dealer is still in business

Yes, he is... But that's only because he's the only Honda or Suzuki dealer for 150 miles.

I got out of the motorcycle business in 1993 to pursue other business opportunities, and he's been there ever since.

That said, this city is one of the few in the country where Kawasaki is the #1 selling brand, followed by Yamaha in #2, with Honda and Suzuki trailing abysmally behind. That was never the case when I was the dealer.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote