Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
bisbonian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Weekend blast to Baja

A few weeks ago I got a call from a buddy asking if I wanted to go along for a ride to Baja.

I jumped at the chance and this past Friday we headed out from Tucson bright and early.

The first thing we learned was that if you need to top up your oil before you leave the house that you must replace the fill cap before you ride away.

One of us would spend the weekend squeegeeing oil off his leg every night due to saturated riding pants.

The second thing we learned was that if you're going to recover your seat right before a ride that you should try to do it somewhere light instead of a place that was obviously pitch black.

The four of us headed out with great optimism, it was even thrown out there that we could possibly arrive in San Felipe in 6 hours!

Sadly this was not to be but our ride out Ajo Way took us directly toward a grand storm with lightning that made me wonder if this was the best idea I had ever had.

It turned out we missed the real storm by about 10 minutes and even though we got a little rained on it wasn't bad enough to do more than make a mess of previously crystal clear face shields.

We stopped a little outside of Why, AZ to take a break as the sun came up and admire the scenery.

Soon enough we were riding through Organ Pipe National Monument and crossing into Mexico at Lukeville/Sonoyta where we were molested by half a dozen US Border Agents who gave us the third degree on what we might be carrying and where we were going.

More to come, hopefully some of the other guys will chime in here...

bisbonian is offline   Reply With Quote