Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #14926
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by legends117 View Post
I bought and adapter to connect a Deltran Battery Tender to the power outlet on my Roadie; but when I plugged it in, the tender flashed red light. This indicates the battery is not charging.

Does anyone know if I can charge the battery through the power outlet, or if I need to connect directly to the battery terminals?

Thanks much - Peace - JD
Yes you can charge through the power outlet by the ignition switch. I will say I had to swap the polarity on my battery tender's cables because it was backwards compared to the powerlet cable that came with the bike. I'm wondering if this is the issue you're having.You can check quick and easily with a multi-meter.
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #14927
TekurRides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
It was an XC. It was at a dealer 400 miles from home. But it was well worth it I think. What better way to break in the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmahtaz View Post
Mind if I ask ... The orange t800? Is that a roadie or an XC?
TekurRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #14928
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yes you can charge through the power outlet by the ignition switch. I will say I had to swap the polarity on my battery tender's cables because it was backwards compared to the powerlet cable that came with the bike. I'm wondering if this is the issue you're having.You can check quick and easily with a multi-meter.
That's good to know.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #14929
Ronin1
Hoonigan

Oddometer: 64
I charge mine thru the column outlet, works fine.

Jim

Quote:
I bought and adapter to connect a Deltran Battery Tender to the power outlet on my Roadie; but when I plugged it in, the tender flashed red light. This indicates the battery is not charging.

Does anyone know if I can charge the battery through the power outlet, or if I need to connect directly to the battery terminals?

Thanks much - Peace - JD
Ronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #14930
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
I'm wondering though, what people's opinions/experiences are with demo bikes? The bike seemed fine for what I got to experience, and it comes with a full 2 year warranty on it. It had about 2200 on the clock I believe, and apparently it was used by a guy from Triumph corporate to do a road trip to see a couple Iron Maiden shows and then sold to the dealership.

Before this weekend, I'd pretty much accepted that I'd have to wait until next year some time to pick one of these up, but I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on this, since it seems like it'd be unlikely I'd see a similar deal until this time next year. I dunno, maybe I'm mistaken in that though. Thoughts?
I bought a demo 800XC last year with 1400 miles. Seven thousand miles later and no worries. Save some cash and put that toward farkles.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #14931
legends117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Battery tender

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I took your advice and checked the polarity of the plug (from the charger) and the outlet on the bike. I put the positive probe in the center and the negative probe on the edge, and both checked out OK.

Hummmm SO - anyone have any other ideas why the battery wouldn't be charging?
legends117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #14932
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,075
Quote:
I took your advice and checked the polarity of the plug (from the charger) and the outlet on the bike. I put the positive probe in the center and the negative probe on the edge, and both checked out OK.

Hummmm SO - anyone have any other ideas why the battery wouldn't be charging?
I guess if it were me I'd try to a. make sure with the key turned off that the socket was still live and b. try to charge another battery with the charger
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #14933
legends117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
I guess if it were me I'd try to a. make sure with the key turned off that the socket was still live and b. try to charge another battery with the charger
Thanks - did both. I popped the seat and connected the charger to the battery terminals and is charging fine. So, I am still scratching my head, but guess there is something not connecting between the power outlet and cigarette adapter charger.

I'll have to check those connections, but thanks for the heads up on the polarity reversal.
legends117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #14934
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Winters Coming

Winters Coming my friends :)

Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #14935
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,291
Quote:
Thanks - did both. I popped the seat and connected the charger to the battery terminals and is charging fine. So, I am still scratching my head, but guess there is something not connecting between the power outlet and cigarette adapter charger.

I'll have to check those connections, but thanks for the heads up on the polarity reversal.
Why don't you just connect a pin-type charge lead direct to your battery? So much simpler that way. Use the powerlett for accessories.

I'm wanting one of those double usb port adapters and a standard cigar-lighter adapter.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #14936
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Quote:

Check the fuse

Sent from my Tiger 800
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #14937
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,698
Quote:

You've probably blown the fuse to the socket??????????????????
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #14938
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Triumph is opening an Online Store for US customers. Apparently will be open for Black Friday. Wondering if they have there accessories at good prices?

http://rideatriumph.com/the-moment-w...n-waiting-for/
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #14939
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Triumph is opening an Online Store for US customers. Apparently will be open for Black Friday. Wondering if they have there accessories at good prices?

Lets hope they pay WAY MORE attention to it than they do their "regular" site!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #14940
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post

Went thru it today, everything is at full-boat list.

If I was to buy something there I think I'd go back to my dealer and ask for at least 20% off.
There are a couple pants there I might look closer at. I tried some of it on at Berts and it was all pretty nice stuff. The adventure jackets are real nice and a couple of the leather ones are worth a look. Even their adventure boot looks decent. With a discount they are a relative bargain.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote