ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #6286
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT
 
Mudguts's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Some were in , lostralia
Oddometer: 2,087
You could be getting water under the spark plug cap , or you have bad connection , Check as many of the connection as you can , check spark plug lead and make sure the spark plug cap is connected firmly
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #6287
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 957
Tps

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzda View Post
Hello, I have problem with my KTM 690R 2009. KTM doesnt run to idle after Karcher pressure cleaning. It sometimes starts and goes with turning the throttle but stops to idle. FI on speedometer doesnt flash. It is OK after an hour. Do You have any experience? Thank You. Sorry for my english
I was just told that you have to be careful washing around the TPS sensor they are not sealed that well.
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #6288
KC-10ENG
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KC-10ENG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMoto View Post
I had a similar fall on my '11, shredded the shifter, left peg and muffler. No tranny issues.

These are great replacement foot pegs. Factory KTM part...690 Rally

__________________
2014 KTM-350EXC
2008 KTM-690e
1971 Rupp Hustler
KC-10ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #6289
Woundflatout
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Woundflatout's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Portlandia
Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-10ENG View Post
These are great replacement foot pegs. Factory KTM part...690 Rally

Can you post a part number for those of us (me) too damn lazy to find the Fische?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Jason
__________________
Jason Slutsky
PROUD TO BE RIFF RAFF
'09 Husaberg FE570
Rallymoto #159
Woundflatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #6290
modeselector
Common as muck
 
modeselector's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington USA
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by CagivaJS View Post
Can you post a part number for those of us (me) too damn lazy to find the Fische?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Jason
KTM Part Number: 76203040250-76203041250

Available to purchase here:
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-950-990-rally-pegs
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #6291
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,381
The 690RR pegs are nice but I like the Fastway Adventures even more.
__________________
Currently going RTW on a KTM 690 Rally, trip blog: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTheWorldWithLukasM

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #6292
LethPhaos
brb
 
LethPhaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Belgistan
Oddometer: 567
looks nice for offroad, but they seem awfully wide for road & track use...
__________________
| KTM 690 SMC RRP | Honda RD04 Africa Twin |
Balkan ADV - RR around Europe on the AT
Bacon trip log map
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #6293
RoninMoto
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzda View Post
Hello, I have problem with my KTM 690R 2009. KTM doesnt run to idle after Karcher pressure cleaning. It sometimes starts and goes with turning the throttle but stops to idle. FI on speedometer doesnt flash. It is OK after an hour. Do You have any experience? Thank You. Sorry for my english
there is a sensor behind the dash that has a rubber tube about 2" long. I think it is barometric pressure? I have hear getting water in this tube can make the bike run like shite. Also, if you think there is water in the tube.. be careful removing the water. forcing it up into the sensor can rune the sensor all together.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #6294
Oldbear
Don't want a pickle
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fin Land
Oddometer: 209
Changed the fuel filter yesterday (2012 Enduro R). Apparently KTM went from Mahle KL 15 to Mahle KL 97 in 2011/2012.

KL 15 is readily available everywhere for a couple of euros so I couldn't be bothered to hunt for KL 97 which seems to be a Ducati-specific filter.
The filter part looks to be exactly identical

Oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #6295
NovaMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 133
Yeah, those are too big for my riding. They look nice though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethPhaos View Post
looks nice for offroad, but they seem awfully wide for road & track use...
NovaMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #6296
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet
 
TheMuffinMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Denver, USA
Oddometer: 5,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I paid $9700 for my 12 plus taxes and reg.
Good to know. I'm probably going to be shopping for a 2012 or 2013 soon and hope I can get one for 9,000 or a little above.
__________________
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
KTM 525 XC-W // KTM 950 Adventure
690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #6297
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT
 
Mudguts's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Some were in , lostralia
Oddometer: 2,087
G'day all I've been servicing ausgofar's bike and the an issue I've found , the top radiator hose rubs on the thermo fan
I've court this in time as it has rubbed about half way through , I can't remember if this has been brought up before, if it has well this is a reminder .

Dave your list so far

3 of 4 valves out of spec It had 2.45 intake set at .14 ext set .12
Fuel filter , air filter oil fiters oil screens
Throttle body, injector and inside cleaned
Re route fuel line
Fix lower tank bush
Fix starter button
Replace bash plate
replace hand grips
Lock wire break pins
Lock wire hand grips
Lock wire oil cap
Retention fork pinch bolts
Remove SAS crap
Replace missing lower chain guide bolt
Modify air box & fix insert nut
And there been a heap of little things to cable tie and clean

Waiting for the vortex cdi ( Monday) , & replacement rocker cover bolt .
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #6298
blakrj
Need to ride
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Cloggland via Borneo, TX, UK, Oz and S.Africa
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
G'day all I've been servicing ausgofar's bike and the an issue I've found , the top radiator hose rubs on the thermo fan
I've court this in time as it has rubbed about half way through , I can't remember if this has been brought up before, if it has well this is a reminder .

Dave your list so far

3 of 4 valves out of spec It had 2.45 intake set at .14 ext set .12
Fuel filter , air filter oil fiters oil screens
Throttle body, injector and inside cleaned
Re route fuel line
Fix lower tank bush
Fix starter button
Replace bash plate
replace hand grips
Lock wire break pins
Lock wire hand grips
Lock wire oil cap
Retention fork pinch bolts
Remove SAS crap
Replace missing lower chain guide bolt
Modify air box & fix insert nut
And there been a heap of little things to cable tie and clean

Waiting for the vortex cdi ( Monday) , & replacement rocker cover bolt .
Sounds like a few crates of VB are due your way
__________________
2011 KTM 690 Enduro R, 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R (stolen)
2008 Yamaha YZ450, 2002 Yamaha YZ426
www.bruneibikers.com
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #6299
motoged
Studly Adventurer
 
motoged's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Oddometer: 906



Riders,

Question: Why is it that these "cheap" plastic filters are used for a pressure between 40-60 lbs psi , whereas years some years ago the BMW folks replaced their internal filters with metal-clad filters "because of the psi factor" ( ie. the filter would not explode due to pressure). I externalized the fuel filter on my 1100GS with the appropriate metal-clad filter and have not had to go into the tank to change filters.


Just wondering

I haven't read here or heard otherwise that these cheapo plastic filters have caused any problems.....
__________________
Ged Schwartz
Kamloops , BC


Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track




motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #6300
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post



Riders,

Question: Why is it that these "cheap" plastic filters are used for a pressure between 40-60 lbs psi , whereas years some years ago the BMW folks replaced their internal filters with metal-clad filters "because of the psi factor" ( ie. the filter would not explode due to pressure). I externalized the fuel filter on my 1100GS with the appropriate metal-clad filter and have not had to go into the tank to change filters.


Just wondering

I haven't read here or heard otherwise that these cheapo plastic filters have caused any problems.....
Most cars,petrol & diesel,now use plastic injection-moulded 2part filter housings,that are usually ultrasonically welded together after the filter element is put in.
The vast improvement in thermoplastic materials over the last couple of decades has allowed for the safe replacement of metal-clad filters,and other under-bonnet parts,from metal to plastic.
ktmmitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014