ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 524 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #3271
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Not even close, hot rod.

on the + side, I saw a T95 one shot a tank with 1500hp this morning
__________________

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #3272
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,791
I love my M7 Priest.

Surely they are going to tame it down a bit.. it feels like cheating.
Played 3 rounds last night with it - killed 4 each in two of the two rounds and 6 in other.

My M41 on the other hand... I can't stand. Too slow at reloading and aiming.
Trying to decide if it is worth grinding 100,000 research +1.7 million coin to get the M12 teir 6 arti? I suspect I'd end up using my M7 like I do now just because it is more fun but I did watch another player get 4 kills in a round with one.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #3273
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 13,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
I love my M7 Priest.

Surely they are going to tame it down a bit.. it feels like cheating.
Played 3 rounds last night with it - killed 4 each in two of the two rounds and 6 in other.

My M41 on the other hand... I can't stand. Too slow at reloading and aiming.
Trying to decide if it is worth grinding 100,000 research +1.7 million coin to get the M12 teir 6 arti? I suspect I'd end up using my M7 like I do now just because it is more fun but I did watch another player get 4 kills in a round with one.
The M12 is WORSE(!) than the M41. Not only is it slow to reload and aim, it is slow itself and turns slow. I kept my Priest, but even then it is off for the last few updates. It used to be a 4 inch laser. Now I may hit one out of 8 or so. It's kind of like grinding through the Lee. I'm still 30k xp from the M40/43 and i've had the M12 for almost 8 months.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #3274
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
on the + side, I saw a T95 one shot a tank with 1500hp this morning


I've come within 39 hit points of one shotting a full health 4502A with my S-51......
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #3275
Hodag
native
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Oddometer: 22,792
gwpanther is like a long range TD
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #3276
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kingsville MO
Oddometer: 5,683
Remember tho arty is hard to play....is not a finger of god....or "laser".

I am not sure why but I seem to be killing more arty now that I have hit tier 8. And in a Pershing without the top gun as well. Don't know how, but in every match I live in I end up with killing or at least hurting real bad every arty unit on the enemy team. Tracked and just pound them in the side about every time.....wonder why that does not work on the lower tier arty...I hit them in the same place.

Poor arty....in one of the few games I played last night I left the circle to hunt down the last arty unit....in that slow ass pershing again.

Yup still hate it and think arty is the worst thing in this game.
__________________
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist
[/FONT]
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #3277
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 13,133
The Patton makes on even better arty hunter. I got 2 obj 212's and an S-51 in Mines. I just rammed the S-51 to kill him.

Nice thing about playing arty too, is you get to know the hiding/shooting spots. Makes counter battery even easier.

I think in tier 8 and up matches you tend to get either no arty or a lot of arty. We had 6 on each side in Wide Park. I killed a Gw Panther right off the bat, and then a T62 that was hunting for me.

Played Dragon Ridge last night in the M12. Knocked an IS-8 and M26E4 down to around 10% hp left so the rest of the team could kill. Then started working on the T95 (they really should paint a big red n white target on the top of those things) when a E75 went past me and started capping. Peek over the rise, direct fire, shoot him to reset the cap, back up. The doofus just stayed in the same place while I reloaded, peek over again, shoot him again. Our AMX50/120 finally comes back and shoots him. Wish I woulda had a HEAT round then
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #3278
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,317
I arty hunt in the Tiger II on some maps. the E-75 as well sometimes. i just got the 1200hp motor last night in it so not it stays on the speed limiter every where but up hill. Off road driving helps as well. Now I can start playing it more like I do my Tiger II. this might get interesting.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #3279
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,791
I'm going to grind on my E8 today and try and unlock the Tier 7 T-20.

I'll be in teamspeak if anyone's bored.


cheers,
Ed
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #3280
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kingsville MO
Oddometer: 5,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
I arty hunt in the Tiger II on some maps. the E-75 as well sometimes. i just got the 1200hp motor last night in it so not it stays on the speed limiter every where but up hill. Off road driving helps as well. Now I can start playing it more like I do my Tiger II. this might get interesting.
I am quite a way from the Patton...I just got the Pershing, but I am only 4000 or so away from the royal tiger. I really like my regular tiger, not sure why eveyone says they suck....and I am on the fence on keeping it. I like it better than the JS.

On a subject change.

Can someone explain the transfer of crew from a prem tank to a regular tank. My churchill (soviet) just got their first perk and I would like to move them to the JS....I guess heavy to heavy...do they take a experence hit when I move them....do they lose the perk...you know the little light pop on. I was thinking you did not take the 20% hit or whatever when moving crews out of a prem. tank if they stayed in the same class...heavy to heavy.

thanks.
__________________
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist
[/FONT]
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #3281
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Now I may hit one out of 8 or so. It's kind of like grinding through the Lee.
Same gunner? If you had a 100% gunner and now have a 50%.. .that could explain all the misses.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #3282
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 13,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Same gunner? If you had a 100% gunner and now have a 50%.. .that could explain all the misses.
100% gunner, 80% first skill. I think he might be drinking on the job though
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #3283
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: 11 ft. AMSL
Oddometer: 5,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Can someone explain the transfer of crew from a prem tank to a regular tank. My churchill (soviet) just got their first perk and I would like to move them to the JS....I guess heavy to heavy...do they take a experence hit when I move them....do they lose the perk...you know the little light pop on. I was thinking you did not take the 20% hit or whatever when moving crews out of a prem. tank if they stayed in the same class...heavy to heavy.

thanks.
Since the Church and the IS are different tiers, your crew may take a 10% hit to their 100% ability, but your perks will remain right where they are at until your crew reaches 100% again with the new tank, then the perks start climbing again. I have done it once, but I can't recall the outcome of transferring a different tiered preimum-tank crew over to the next higher tier tank... pretty sure it will be 10% though as long as they are the same class (which heavy to heavy is). Actually, I think that just retraining, itself, incurs the 10% penalty even if it's for the same tier tank (say if you trained the Church crew for a KV-1, which are both tier 5 tanks IIRC)
The thing is that once they are retrained, you can still transfer them back into the Churchill to use for money making and to up their skills and perks. I used my tier 9 M103 crew in my tier 8 T34 sometimes just to get their perks higher. You probably already knew that part though.

As an aside, what some of us do, sometimes, is before transferring... "DROP" the perks for a crew member. What this gives you is a "pool" of experience points from which to draw for that crew member. Now, with those experience points pooled up, when you pay the 20k that would have made a crew member either 90% for a sequential tank movement, or 80% for a non-sequential movement, it will draw from that pool of 'experience points' up until the point at which the crew member is at 100% for the new tank. At that point whatever experience points are left in that 'pool' can be assigned to whatever perk, or perks, you want for that crew member.

For some newly-bought tanks just keeping the perks a crew member has earned, and starting the climb back up from 80% or 90% is fine. At some tiers, though, you or I may feel losing some of the perks in order to have a crew member at 100% is far more important (in my case the most important crew member to often keep at 100% is the gunner - and this is especially so with an arty gunner). If it's a close-quarters battle tank I may up the gunner and the loader to 100% this way for a move up to the next tank, while being perfectly content with a commander, driver and radio man who are at 90% and who keep their perks where they were. With a sniper tank I may not upgrade the loader to 100%, instead just upgrading the gunner this way.

Yes, there is a minor penalty for "dropping" perks, but it's really pretty small in the scheme of things considering you can have an important crew member right at 100% when starting to grind a new tank, and considering that he picks up training his perks right away upon using the new tank since he is at 100%.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-16-2012 at 07:56 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #3284
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I am quite a way from the Patton...I just got the Pershing, but I am only 4000 or so away from the royal tiger. I really like my regular tiger, not sure why eveyone says they suck....and I am on the fence on keeping it. I like it better than the JS.

On a subject change.

Can someone explain the transfer of crew from a prem tank to a regular tank. My churchill (soviet) just got their first perk and I would like to move them to the JS....I guess heavy to heavy...do they take a experence hit when I move them....do they lose the perk...you know the little light pop on. I was thinking you did not take the 20% hit or whatever when moving crews out of a prem. tank if they stayed in the same class...heavy to heavy.

thanks.
You can't play the Tiger 2 like the Tiger or the 3601H. It requires a diffrent play stile. If you played the PZVI before the nerf and liked it with the long 75 then you'll end up loveing the Tiger 2. I like the Tiger its a great in your face tank. The Tiger 2 is a long range where the hell did that come from tank. It can go face to face with some tanks but you learn fast who to stay clear of. I like to flank with it and give the foward tanks suport. Keep the Tiger. It makes good coins.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #3285
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Can someone explain the transfer of crew from a prem tank to a regular tank. My churchill (soviet) just got their first perk and I would like to move them to the JS....I guess heavy to heavy...do they take a experence hit when I move them....do they lose the perk...you know the little light pop on. I was thinking you did not take the 20% hit or whatever when moving crews out of a prem. tank if they stayed in the same class...heavy to heavy.

thanks.
I'm making the assumption here that the crew has their primary vehicle set as the Churchill. Transfer them to the IS and train them for it. If you pay silver, they'll take a 10% hit on their vehicle skill level (but not their perks). The kicker here is that you can then transfer them back to the Churchill and use them on that tank at their current skill level without retraining them from the IS and without penalty (since it's heavy to heavy). This gives you the ability to get this crew a 2X first victory experience twice a day. Their perks will still work, they just won't accumulate any more xp until the vehicle skill is back to 100%.
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014