Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #286
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
If I could only have 10 minutes with her......

I spent a little time with her.

joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #287
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
OK I'll bite: Why cant people seem to understand a simple stop watch (count down timer) is a solution to the "idiot bouncing in place for 5 minutes" type comments. In fact its so simple - its already employed at the world level and nationals.

Also - "The other than the fact that its difficult to judge" is not a point that is just glossed over with supporters of stop allowed. For the most part - that's the main argument.

Hey - if you dont want to stop - dont! Show us all that dynamic motion!
Just to be fair, the way sections are setup now, you cannot do it without stopping and adjusting your line, either with the foot down, or hopping. I know, you beginner/noobies dont get it, your sections are made to be ridden on a yz250 by a master trials rider. I can and have ridden all novice sections "clean" on my trail 70.

What is trying to be done, is make it so Bou, who can literally bounce and hop from any direction on any wheel, or even handlebars, over anything damn near, put in his path, and even those if he tries it more than once he eventually gets over it.

It is as IMPORTANT and changes EVERYTHING just like when the completely reorganized MOTO-CROSS Track designs, to favor the 4 strokes. We all know they did, they've even admitted to it, because the 4 strokes struggled at first, compared the the 2 strokes they believed they would no longer be able to produce. Nobody that builds and sells MX bikes wanted to DARE leave it with if you had a 2-stroke, you wouldn't be better off with the 4 strokes that they were selling.

Sections that are NO-Stop, are setup completely different. if you have NOT setup sections for your upper class riders, then you don't know what the heck you are talking about.

It is a big of a change as shortening the drag strips, changing the the displacement for NASCAR engines, changing the lenght or width of a football field or even changing the size of the basket ball goal, and only a few on this board, have enough experience (other than watching) to understand that.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #288
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
It is a big of a change as shortening the drag strips, changing the the displacement for NASCAR engines, changing the lenght or width of a football field or even changing the size of the basket ball goal, and only a few on this board, have enough experience (other than watching) to understand that.
Wow, you know everyone that posts in the trials forum? That seemed pretty harsh. Although I agree with what you said until I got here "only a few on this board, have enough experience"?
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #289
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
`I was speaking to a very well versed and connected individual in the North American trials community recently. He knows everyone that is anyone and has decades of Trials involvement. This individual thinks the No-Stop rule change in Britain is a political move to try and disadvantage, or at least even the playing field, against the mainland Europeans in top level competition. Supposedly the last set of rule changes had a similar hidden agenda, and it's happening again.`
This was a quote from a british forum. Very interesting to see if it pans out. When the FIM let the all day dab rule exist, the reasons were for telivised broadcasts. At the same time it allowed certain riders a chance to stay close in points in case the better rider made a complete failure. This is the reason the rule is flawed.
Thought I would bring this back up!
from 12/31/2011
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #290
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,342
Can I be one of the chosen few?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #291
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Wow, you know everyone that posts in the trials forum? That seemed pretty harsh. Although I agree with what you said until I got here "only a few on this board, have enough experience"?
You will have to Forgive me for thinking, ATeam, but whatever...

But what is it you are complaining about my post about, that more than half the people that post most of the time are NMTA long time trials riders?

OR

that most of the people that read what is posted, on this subset of the "Dirt Bike" forum, are PROBABLY newer than 5 years into riding trials?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #292
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
You will have to Forgive me for thinking, ATeam, but whatever...

But what is it you are complaining about my post about, that more than half the people that post most of the time are NMTA long time trials riders?

OR

that most of the people that read what is posted, on this subset of the "Dirt Bike" forum, are PROBABLY newer than 5 years into riding trials?
I believe there are many on here that have been riding for a long time and the bulk of the responses are from long time riders. The newbs seem to hold their comments in check regarding no stop. Just don't paint with such a broad stroke. Your posts are very good and well written. That is all.

If you dn't want NMTA members spaeking out then OK. I will keep my comments to myself.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #293
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
I`ve got the perfect compromise. We`ll keep the current rules, but a stop with a foot down is only 4 points. All those crying about getting a five will only get a four and you can still stop if you have the skill!!!
Man, we'd have to trash all the old inventory of scorecards in the TM boxes!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #294
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
I believe there are many on here that have been riding for a long time and the bulk of the responses are from long time riders. The newbs seem to hold their comments in check regarding no stop. Just don't paint with such a broad stroke. Your posts are very good and well written. That is all.

If you dn't want NMTA members spaeking out then OK. I will keep my comments to myself.
No, I definitely like you NMTA guys keeping up, ya know that. Im not good with the details brushes, lol, im shakey from all the coffee. lets get the rollers out, ahem. lol
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #295
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
Man, we'd have to trash all the old inventory of scorecards in the TM boxes!
That would be a large blessing. Why for the life of me we can't have laminated cards, at least for a bad weather trial just blows me away. Need to save that money so the continued podium hounds so they can get their yearly jackets and other schwag while the bringing up the rear folks can't even buy a club T shirt. Got to maintain our priorities right. Don't even talk about the pathetic lack of loop markers.

Oh well, I digress. back to your regularly scheduled no stop program.

Oh yea, I rode no stop trials on a KLR for 240 miles a while back in Oklahoma and Texas.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #296
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,068
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #297
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer

This was posted on another forum by Low Psi.
Imagine a promo video for the sport of trials.

Opening scene: a rider enters a section pulls in the clutch, puts a foot on the ground and stays in place for 1 minute 29 seconds.

The commentator begins

" This is the exciting sport of Moto Trial. One of the most fun and challenging two wheeled sports on the planet. The rider you see is a master of balance and technique. He is being scored by an observer and so far his score is only ONE point. It is a near perfect ride so far, only one point above the best possible score of zero. "

All credibility gets lost.

And we changed the name to Moto- Trials? For what? Observed is all we ever do anymore. We spend more time watching people stopped than actually riding!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 AM   #298
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
This was posted on another forum by Low Psi.
Imagine a promo video for the sport of trials.

Opening scene: a rider enters a section pulls in the clutch, puts a foot on the ground and stays in place for 1 minute 29 seconds.

The commentator begins

" This is the exciting sport of Moto Trial. One of the most fun and challenging two wheeled sports on the planet. The rider you see is a master of balance and technique. He is being scored by an observer and so far his score is only ONE point. It is a near perfect ride so far, only one point above the best possible score of zero. "

All credibility gets lost.

And we changed the name to Moto- Trials? For what? Observed is all we ever do anymore. We spend more time watching people stopped than actually riding!
Who would make a promo video of an out of shape Senior rider to promote trials? I'd rather watch the Pro's.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #299
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post
Who would make a promo video of an out of shape Senior rider to promote trials? I'd rather watch the Pro's.
Trouble is now you will be in a bottle neck watching the sporstman riders for 40 minutes practicing the kickstand pose. Hopefully the NATC will see the light, and the following year the same section would take about 15 minutes. The sportsman classes should also be reduced. Sportsman, over 35 and over 50 would about do it. Would save the NATC and clubs on awards and actually make the classes competitive.
The FIM has not officially released the `other` rule changes yet, but we should see them soon. May will be an interesting month for the future of american trials!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #300
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
I was at a trials one time that had no official timer. A rider was stuck on a ledge and wouldnt throw in the hat - just kept banging away at it and taking forever. The checker told the rider that if he didnt exit the section before he finished his beer, he would punch him a 5. The rider gave up at that point and got out of the section.

I think a simple "lineaway" rule (as in to remove the line - but like the coincidence) that lets the checker hurry things along would be a great tweek to the current rules. Maybe alittle more defined than the above example. I am a fast drinker - but not that fast!
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote