ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #54421
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I think I have 10+ current OH MC tags, I am not going to transfer something off a bike to stick on another for a day or two. Call me a rebel. They get plenty of taxes out of me for the tags I have.
Your logic is flawed.

You can only ride one bike at a time.

If you really want to shove it up the man's ass, why not just have 1 current tag, and put it on the bike you are riding that day?

Me, I'm anal enough that knowing my plate isn't registered to my bike makes me nuts.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #54422
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 997
Make sure all your bikes are over 25 years old and just get 1 historic tag.

I also have a lot of good medical, legal, marriage, and financial advice.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #54423
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Buy it, mod at least the carb and intake so it runs right (or tm-40 or fcr-mx), locktite the NSU, then run her till you fall apart. I'm on my second one. The only reason I'm on the new one is for the button start. Damn reliable, pretty much good across the board for anything, and dirt cheap plentiful parts and mods. Tons of bonuses to the platform, but the Dr platforms have limitations, as do all bikes.
You missed the part where it's not really what I want. If it were a DR350SE or a 96 or newer XR250L at that price it would have been relocated to my garage yesterday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
If the seller knew it would be with $50 more for every sticker he removed, he could be making that extra grand.
Those were my exact thoughts when I first saw the pics.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #54424
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,974
For you license plate lovers.

My stepson just got nailed for a expired plate this past weekend. Car impounded and just under $500 in fees and court costs will be able to go get new stickers.

To me, for the $250 up front is a bargain compared to what he dealt with and the insurance rates that may go with it.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #54425
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
If the seller knew it would be with $50 more for every sticker he removed, he could be making that extra grand.
But think of all the horsepower those stickers give it.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #54426
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
For you license plate lovers.

My stepson just got nailed for a expired plate this past weekend. Car impounded and just under $500 in fees and court costs will be able to go get new stickers.

To me, for the $250 up front is a bargain compared to what he dealt with and the insurance rates that may go with it.
huh? what else was he doing? I got popped for expired tags on a plow truck (commercial tags expired in Jan, my birthday is in Sept and a salt spreader was covering the tag so I kinda forgot) last year and it was a $70 fine and have a nice day. Hell, i got smacked by Ontario PD (sometimes notorious for being jerks) a few years back in a VW Jetta that wasn't in my name, with expired tags from a 89 mustang (in my name) and still just got the $70 ticket.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #54427
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Your logic is flawed.

You can only ride one bike at a time.

If you really want to shove it up the man's ass, why not just have 1 current tag, and put it on the bike you are riding that day?

Me, I'm anal enough that knowing my plate isn't registered to my bike makes me nuts.
I actually looked into getting a dealer license so I could do this with dealer plates. County or state, don't remember, said they wouldn't approve me because I did not have a dedicated service space, or something to that effect at my current location. Something about signage was also a problem. When I get less busy, I may look into it again, as I still seem to be accumulating vehicles.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #54428
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
huh? what else was he doing? I got popped for expired tags on a plow truck (commercial tags expired in Jan, my birthday is in Sept and a salt spreader was covering the tag so I kinda forgot) last year and it was a $70 fine and have a nice day. Hell, i got smacked by Ontario PD (sometimes notorious for being jerks) a few years back in a VW Jetta that wasn't in my name, with expired tags from a 89 mustang (in my name) and still just got the $70 ticket.
That's been pretty much my experience as well, though the last time it was $60. Got to be more than just the plate going on here for that much money.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #54429
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
I actually looked into getting a dealer license so I could do this with dealer plates. County or state, don't remember, said they wouldn't approve me because I did not have a dedicated service space, or something to that effect at my current location. Something about signage was also a problem. When I get less busy, I may look into it again, as I still seem to be accumulating vehicles.
That dealer tag thing is shaky ground. I am a silent partner in a car lot and am getting a dealer license of my own next year (as long as the property we are buying doesn't fall through), and there are a bunch of regulations around D tags. We had to jump through a ton of hoops to get licensed and the BMV does random inspections to make sure you are meeting all their rules (we got a nastigram for grass growing through cracks in the blacktop..)

D tags are supposed to only be for transporting vehicles from lot to lot or for test drives, everything else is technically not allowed, and you REALLY don't want to be caught with a dealer plate on a vehicle that is in a person's name and not a dealership's. Most authorities are lenient, but I got popped by a trooper on 71 by Lodi for running on a D tag, I was in a car that was titled in the lot's name, but we were running up to pick up titles and I was dumb enough to tell the trooper that. I wouldn't want to have to answer too many questions about why you were riding on public land with one, sounds like a good way to get hassled.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #54430
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Who knows the roads NE of Newark off 79? I was roaming around there looking for a house yesterday right as dusk and those seem like some fun roads. I know there were a few white knuckle moments in my 3/4 ton truck on the hills and corners.....

I'm considering doing a black friday anti shopping ride, I have a fun little route I've been working on putting together, novice material, there are a few sorta challenging parts depending on how greasy it is and 2 creek crossings, but nothing really hairy and bypasses around them. Supposed to be nice and in the 50's.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #54431
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Who knows the roads NE of Newark off 79?
Know them all very well...had property by Reform when I was younger, and I've ridden them all on the bike. I would be down for a Friday ride....I sure as hell ain't standing in line to buy crap with angry people.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #54432
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Last minute... but anyone riding tomorrow?
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #54433
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Last minute... but anyone riding tomorrow?
I want to! I just put a new front tire on so I should be all set to go. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #54434
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I want to! I just put a new front tire on so I should be all set to go. ;)
Hidden Springs is open tomorrow and in your general direction. Looks like it's $15 to ride there.

Anyone else? Anywhere else?

FWIW, my tires are not great.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #54435
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Hidden Springs is open tomorrow and in your general direction. Looks like it's $15 to ride there.

Anyone else? Anywhere else?

FWIW, my tires are not great.
That sounds good to me. Luke?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote