Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #31
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
Track days are 90% rider, 5% bike, 5% luck. I have seen a 250 obliterate people...lol.
it's 20% bike if you ride an S1000rr
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #32
BanjoBoy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
It would be a FUN bike to take to Superbike School, 'n rail around the outside of them S1000RRs.
Thar, I dun fixed it fer ya.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,002
it's been done already.....

check out these guys. they rent race prepped ninja 250.

http://feellikeapro.com/pricing.html

guy we pitted with had his bike break down. rented one and had a BLAST.
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #34
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,742
2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
UPDATE:

Returned from the two day camp at Sonoma Raceway at Sears Point,CA. Everything was provided: boots,leathers,back protector, gloves, and helmet. I brought my own helmet and boots. They also provide a breakfast that includes sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, waffles, coffee, juice, etc. Lunch was also provided which was a nice sandwich (turkey, ham, or roast beef), fruit, cookies, salad, and chips. Cold water, Gatorade, sodas, and snacks are provided throughout the day. The director said "if you can't find it just ask". In the evening, we went to one of the many fine restaurants in California's wine country. The weather was perfect: 80 degrees and sunny.

The school consisted of five seminars each day followed by a track session to perform a drill that reinforced the seminar. The last two track sessions of the day are to work on whatever you and your coach feel needs work. Each day also includes a ride on the camera bike which records a lap around the track. They give you a DVD with both rides to take home. There is also a lean bike that the instructor uses to teach proper body positioning when cornering. The braking bike was available but most people didn't make use of it.

I learned a lot and have gained confidence when cornering. This was my first track experience and I found it perfect because people were there to learn rather than show off.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful including Keith Code himself. The S1000RR was awesome and it never faltered or lost grip despite being leaned hard. I kept it in rain mode until the last session. I was there to learn finesse in the corners, not speed on the straights.

I went through levels 1 and 2 and will definitely return to go through levels 3 and 4.
I second that the CSS is top notch. I haven't been for about 8 years now and I want to go back. Living in the midwest now, anything I do will be fly and rent, including leathers. Did you stay at a nearby hotel and was that included? Did they shuttle you around in the van or did you cab it places? Just trying to get a sense of additional costs. Thanks!
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #35
Misti Hurst
Racer. Writer. Coach

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
I second that the CSS is top notch. I haven't been for about 8 years now and I want to go back. Living in the midwest now, anything I do will be fly and rent, including leathers. Did you stay at a nearby hotel and was that included? Did they shuttle you around in the van or did you cab it places? Just trying to get a sense of additional costs. Thanks!
Do it :) the 2013 schedule is up now so perhaps this is your year!

http://www.superbikeschool.com/schedule/

I'm a coach with the school so if you have any questions about it please let me know and I'll do my best to answer. As for your above questions, hotel is not included in the price of the school but they can usually help you find a decent one in the area and there is no shuttle either so a cab or rental car would be needed. The school provides breakfast, lunch, water, snacks, tea coffee and sports drinks and you can also rent gear, helmets, gloves, boots etc.

Again, fire away if you have any further questions :)

Misti

"leap and the net will appear!"
Misti Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
dmason
goofball

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
Track days are 90% rider, 5% bike, 5% luck. I have seen a 250 obliterate people...lol.
Hell, I had a 12 year old on a 125 pass me like I was standing stil (on a GSX-R600!) out of turn 10 at Putnam this summer!
dmason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,742
Misti - thanks for the info. I just have to figure out when I can go, then that will dictate the location. Hope to see you there!
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote