Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #1171
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,943
Julio/Luisa, tolls dropped to half price today for bikes.

http://revistamoto.com/rm/noticia.php?noticia=274

Viva Mexico!Viva!
MikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #1172
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Hola Amigos
The last picture needs a tranlation please! Eat a little, drink double, dream triple, (4 times then arrive old) thats the problem with my direct translation mind!

You are right Cal , a translation would be in place even if you were almost there with yours

"Eat a little, drink double, dream triple, laugh 4 times as much and you will live to be old"
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #1173
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewby View Post
Ah I loved Morelia, but yes it did seem to me to have an extroidinary amount of festivals. Maybe becuase it is the home of the former presidente? Enjoy! I have almost made it to your hometown! Looking forward to meeting your friends soon ;)

Yep , Morelia is great !
Good to hear that your getting close to Guate City; I'm sure you will have a great time with my friends and you will enjoy sharing the kitchen with Jean Luc, he is a great cook
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #1174
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Julio/Luisa, tolls dropped to half price today for bikes.

http://revistamoto.com/rm/noticia.php?noticia=274

Viva Mexico!Viva!

Good news , but I will keep on trying to avoid the pinche cuotas anyway .

Viva la Libre !
Viva Mexico !
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #1175
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Morelia rocks !!!

One of the reasons why we get stuck in Morelia are the wonderful people that we meet , almost as crazy as we are, and for sure as food loving as we are

Last night we had a great dinner at the B&B http://www.casonarosa.com/ where we are staying . This place is amazing and has an incredible vibe , we love it and we feel almost at home here.

Anyway, the dinner preparation last night was a new experience for me , Moncho from Venezuela was the Chef and I was his pinche (kitchenbitch)

The food he prepared was great and it was a pleasure being just a helping hand .

Chef Moncho in action

The "Pinche"

Pamela, Monchos wife had even a worse job in the kitchen as myself

But at the end , the Chef was pleased with his "hired" help

The food even passt the strong quality control of Rose , the fantastic owner of Casona Rosa .

After dinner , a few things changed . It was time for dessert and I recuperated my position in the kitchen , time for Banana Flambé

And after that, the other kitchen help took over , and in what a way

I just keep on being amazed with all the great people that we keep on meeting along the road and the good time that we are having ...
LIFE IS GOOD !!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #1176
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
Great memories from the king of flambe Organic blueberry flambe and fresh peach flambe!!!
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #1177
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Growing economy

Some parts of the Mexican economy are growing faster then others . The nationwide well organized strikes and demonstrations are present everywhere and it seems like they are getting more resourceful . They are getting better benefit plans for their workers, like entertainment and health care, gyms etc.

They are also updating their vehicle fleet...

It's hard to understand for me how those guys are allowed to block important sections of the downtown area for weeks,to create traffic jams and a lot of other problems for everybody else
Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #1178
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,943
It's because after Tlatelalco in '68 all government levels don't like to get involved, not to mention the complicated schemes and deals the unions have worked out with the political parties. Sometimes it still, by sheer inertia, spins out of control like Oaxaca with the teacher's strike and the student's strike (a few very militant ones) at UNAM. Some areas of the country, particularly at universities, are taking back installations by force, but only when it makes some politician look heroic and serves their interests. It is a slippery slope and gets really complicated, like most syndicato stuff.
MikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #1179
Hewby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Yep , Morelia is great !
Good to hear that your getting close to Guate City; I'm sure you will have a great time with my friends and you will enjoy sharing the kitchen with Jean Luc, he is a great cook
Made it to your town with the help of your lovely friends, Thank you so much for setting that up! I was a little stretched beyond my limits in the last few days. My bike has suffered the with my poor off road skills, and I needed a safe home for a bit! But sad I won't get to meet you! I definitely think a trip back is in the cards, especially now I hear more of your prowess in the kitchen! If not Guatemala, you should come to Tassie. A foodies paradise! Enjoy the road.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #1180
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewby View Post
Made it to your town with the help of your lovely friends, Thank you so much for setting that up! I was a little stretched beyond my limits in the last few days. My bike has suffered the with my poor off road skills, and I needed a safe home for a bit! But sad I won't get to meet you! I definitely think a trip back is in the cards, especially now I hear more of your prowess in the kitchen! If not Guatemala, you should come to Tassie. A foodies paradise! Enjoy the road.

Glad you made it there and that you met them, seems like they enjoyed your cooking and they are not easy to impress !
Sad indeed that we wont meet...now , I have the feeling we will end up cooking together some day, some where .
Enjoy Guatemala and make sure they show you a few of my favorites rides and breakfast places around Guate City .
Ride safe and keep on smiling
Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #1181
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,469
Hey Julio!

I'm cookin' dinner! Yeah, me!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #1182
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Hey Julio!

I'm cookin' dinner! Yeah, me!

WOW

What's for dinner ? Picture please
Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #1183
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,469
Looked like the stuff you whipped up, but no pics.

We ate it all.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #1184
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

We had to postpone our departure from Morelia for another day, Luisa is still recuperating from salmonella that she picked up in Zacatecas .
So we have lots of time for walking around the beautiful downtown.
These pic are from the famous Conservatorio De Las Rosas , a beautiful building with a very relaxed atmosphere and music in every corner
Some of the pics are out of focus, but they might still be able to transmit the message

Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #1185
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Sorry we missed you in Morelia, Julio. Some locals were planning on riding East to Xilitla and beyond this past weekend, but due to weather on the coast we made a last minute decision to head to Morelia via Mil Cumbres instead. You should head out that direction, (east to Ciudad Hidalgo), if it fits your travel plans. It's a great stretch of convoluted road.
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote