Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,713
Someone has to do it (Bimota)

wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
vicvegas
eager beaver

Oddometer: 186
I owned a CBR 600 F4i years ago and i found it just boring to ride anywhere near the speed limits so i had to get rid of it cause i knew it was gonna result in me and my liecence parting ways. anytime i look at sport bikes like this i wonder how anyone can ride these things on the street and enjoy it with out ending up in jail?
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,722
Well done, Mr. Barlow.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
...Anytime i look at sport bikes like this i wonder how anyone can ride these things on the street and enjoy it with out ending up in jail?
I agree 100%

But some of them sure are pretty.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
I owned a CBR 600 F4i years ago and i found it just boring to ride anywhere near the speed limits so i had to get rid of it cause i knew it was gonna result in me and my liecence parting ways. anytime i look at sport bikes like this i wonder how anyone can ride these things on the street and enjoy it with out ending up in jail?
This has a supercharged Ducati 1198 engine. It's gonna be a hoot anywhere from stop to top speed.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
This has a supercharged Ducati 1198 engine. It's gonna be a hoot anywhere from stop to top speed.
Good thing too-- as we all know how dangerously underpowered the regular 1198 is.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,703
I think I like the one with the S1000RR motor more better.

Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,414
Quote:
I've always said the same thing. When I owned a Ninja 250 and an EX500, everybody asked why I did not get a "real" sportbike. I replied that therese were "real" sport bikes, and the only thing they didn't do that the supersports did was go ridiculously fast. Apparently that is the general consensus of what a sport bike is "supposed" to do. To me sport riding is all about handling, and a smaller, slower, cheaper, and less expensive to insure bike can do that just as well. Unless you are a racer and spend a lot of time on the track, I see no purpose in high powered super fast sport bikes. Plus they are also usually very painful to ride slow. The smaller bikes are almost always more comfortable, yet still handle well enough for 95% of all riders. Most riders have no idea what a Ninja 250 can actually do, and quickly dismiss it as a "beginner" bike. I got 3 speeding tickets on my Ninja 250, all in tight curves where the speed limit dropped way down and there was a cop on the other side. Fortunately they were all no points violations, but I learned to cool it. On a 250.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Come and live in Mexico ;)

Speeding tickets are just an ovehead of bike ownership... If you can find a cop who can be bothered to stop you.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I've always said the same thing. When I owned a Ninja 250 and an EX500, everybody asked why I did not get a "real" sportbike. I replied that therese were "real" sport bikes, and the only thing they didn't do that the supersports did was go ridiculously fast. Apparently that is the general consensus of what a sport bike is "supposed" to do. To me sport riding is all about handling, and a smaller, slower, cheaper, and less expensive to insure bike can do that just as well. Unless you are a racer and spend a lot of time on the track, I see no purpose in high powered super fast sport bikes. Plus they are also usually very painful to ride slow. The smaller bikes are almost always more comfortable, yet still handle well enough for 95% of all riders. Most riders have no idea what a Ninja 250 can actually do, and quickly dismiss it as a "beginner" bike. I got 3 speeding tickets on my Ninja 250, all in tight curves where the speed limit dropped way down and there was a cop on the other side. Fortunately they were all no points violations, but I learned to cool it. On a 250.
I think you should delete 50% of your signature.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Just GO!
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
anytime i look at sport bikes like this i wonder how anyone can ride these things on the street and enjoy it with out ending up in jail?

Ya out run 'em. They can't stick you in jail if they can't catch ya.

BTW

Those are two very good looking bikes.

Just GO! screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 06:50 PM
Just GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #12
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,287
wow

That is one hot looking scoot.

Enjoy them while you can.
At 69 here I find myself always over riding my abilities while on my buell 1125cr. BUT, this too is a fantastic to ride scoot.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,908
Quote:
Common sense and discretion my friend. There are times and places where those activities are possible without intervention by the authorities. Age and experience are the answer to the question of where they are. Almost 9 years and 90K+ miles on the Tuono and 2 minor speeding tickets to show for it.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
It's so true!

Some of the guys I used to ride with were riding sportbikes and would bust my balls about riding on my Softail. I LOVED the drivetrain on the Softail, so torquey smooth and tuned perfectly for the real world.....sure it wouldn't do wheelies or stoppies or go 160, but man was it am amazing engine for the real world. I sold it to get a GSA that I still have now, because I couldn't go offroad with the Softail and truthfully, the cornering clearance was a really dangerous thing - you could easily get going waaaaaay to fast for those floorboards to hit at 24 degrees of lean

I doubt I'll ever get another true sportbike unless I buy track time for it.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote