ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

Oddometer: 748
Reiter pit

So what's the deal? Open or not?
Aquanout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,127
Depends on your definition of "open".

This coming Saturday and again on December 2, DNR is hosting an "open house" to ride the "Red Line" trail (1.4 miles), and the Blue Line Trail (0.6 miles). First come first served, parking limited. For me that would be about a two hour drive, round trip, 20 minutes bs'ing in the parking lot and a generous 15 minutes per lap, probably bored after two laps.

I think I have some chores to do on Saturday, or at least I hope so.

I'd gladly share the newsletter that comes to me via email.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
DNR email from yesterday
(converted to plain text)

++++++++++++++++

Trick your rig and get ready for a 4×4 adventure at Reiter Foothills!
Get your 4×4 ready to go! This weekend there is a test run at Reiter Foothills! Photo: Sue Jensen, DNR.
Load up your 4×4 dream machine and head out to the newly constructed 4×4 challenge course at Reiter Foothills Forest. This course will be open for test rides starting this weekend on November 17.
Do you prefer single-track motorcycle trails?
Single-track motorcycle trails will be available for test rides as well. Two miles of the Red Line and Blue Line trails will be open during these test rides. Check out Riders Leave First Tracks at Reiter Foothills for more information on the single-track trails.

The ATV trails are not ready, but we will let you know when you can bring those along to the test rides.

Please note: Reiter will only be open for limited test rides on the dates listed below

The nitty GRITTY

Mark your calendars; here are the dates of the test rides in the 4×4 and single-track areas:
•November 17
•December 2
•January 12 & 20
•February 9 & 17

Test rides will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is limited parking and riders may be turned away until parking opens up.

Be sure to print your maps before you go:
•4x4 challenge trails
•Single-track map - The Blue Line and Red Line are completed and ready to go!

Your voice counts!

All riders will have an opportunity to complete a survey that will help the trail development team know how to make the trails even better!

Directions

DNR has 2 miles of single-single track motorcycle trail ready for you to test this weekend . Photo: Jessica Payne, DNR.

From Gold Bar, head east on State Highway 2. Turn left on Reiter Road just outside of Gold Bar. Go 1 mile and stay to the right at the 'Y' in the road. Continue on Reiter Road for another 3.1 miles. As you approach the 3.2 mile mark you will be turning left onto a DNR forest road (commonly known as Deer Flats Road). As you approach the turn, there will be a tree with two bright orange painted dots, an arrow painted on the road with a big "R," and a DNR sign that says "Entering Reiter Foothills Forest."

Now for the fun part!

Don't forget your Discover Pass, your ticket to millions of acres of recreation opportunities on Washington state-managed recreation lands.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post

Now for the fun part!

Don't forget your Discover Pass, your ticket to millions of acres of recreation opportunities on Washington state-managed recreation lands.
:ri cky:ha ppay:ymca
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

What the fcuk is a test ride? Isn't that what you do in the parking lot before you go riding? Are hikers going to rally and take all the parking spots so no one else can play, or will their numbers be limited as well? I really want to ride my new bike, Walker t'morra anyone?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Now the GS guys have somewhere they can get off road all 2.2 miles of it.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,294
We need someone with a CR500 and a paddle tire..
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanout View Post
What the fcuk is a test ride? Isn't that what you do in the parking lot before you go riding? Are hikers going to rally and take all the parking spots so no one else can play, or will their numbers be limited as well? I really want to ride my new bike, Walker t'morra anyone?
My usual group has cancelled on me for tomorrow. You come O'er here and we go riding. Walker is further away from me than Cle Elum, I swear.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

I were just up that way, that's where I bought this here hog. There sure was a lot of that funny white stuff about, ya know, the kind that hurts when it gets up your nose. If I go out to clel-lum I may as well go all the way to Mattawa.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,244
Howdy All,

Two fucking miles of trail, I remember riding in that area for YEARS and the trails went on and on, well beyond the range of most dirt bike gas tanks. But for the sake of the childern it had to be turned into a wilderness even thou its been logged, mined, roads put through it and even folks living there since the first wagon train crossed the Cascades. Yes it sure was and is a pristine wilderness that needed to be preserved oh and shove your fuckin discovery TAX sticker-placard up your environmental terrorist ass.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
The stupidity like this is what led me to get a bike with a plate.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All,

Two fucking miles of trail, I remember riding in that area for YEARS and the trails went on and on, well beyond the range of most dirt bike gas tanks. But for the sake of the childern it had to be turned into a wilderness even thou its been logged, mined, roads put through it and even folks living there since the first wagon train crossed the Cascades. Yes it sure was and is a pristine wilderness that needed to be preserved oh and shove your fuckin discovery TAX sticker-placard up your environmental terrorist ass.
Stop sugar coating it man.

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All,

Well all is not lost, They still allow the Meth cookers to have as much land as they need.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Well all is not lost, They still allow the Meth cookers to have as much land as they need.
If they put up more signs and gates....
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
If they put up more signs and gates....
Howdy Joe,

Now thats not a bad idea, put up more gates to keep the good folks out but give keys to the meth cookers or just don't say anything as they go around the gates, and the signs don't forget the signs they must put up signs warning of the bad people and the drugs dealers in the area.

Seriously this is what they do in the National Parks that border Mexico, they shut down entire areas of our National Parks as they WON'T secure our National border and STOP the drug trade and ILLEGALS from coming into our country.

If they do this on a National level why not do it in the "Peoples Republik of Washington" to keep those law breaking Jeep and bike riders in their place. Fuck yeah that discovery TAX should cover the expense of the gates and signs.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote