Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #3946
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,431
I might be wrong on the year (it was either an '07 or '08) but I'm absolutely positive it had 50mm Marzocchi's that were fully adjustable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
Considering there wasnt Hypermotards in 07 and they didnt put Marzocchi's on untill the 2010 1100SP came out I kind of doubt it.

I would Like to see a SP Hyperstrada with the Ohlins rear Marzocchi front
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #3947
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
Ohlins are great shocks. When they work, that is. And they are over-priced as well. The bling factor remains, of course. And we will continue to buy Ohlins as a prove we spend not on what is rational, but on promise and belief, besides bling.
Ohlins shocks earned their stripes as the best. Not marketing but quality. I will pay more for the best which is why I bought the upgraded Mulit with Ohlins.

Bling is all style no substance, can't say that about Ohlins. They do carry the brand reputation that is what you think of as bling but bling is all surface appeal like a rhinestone. Ohlins, Brembo, Akrapovik, and other brands have qualities that attracts extroverts who generally like to show off.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #3948
ducatisarge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
I would Like to see a SP Hyperstrada with the Ohlins rear Marzocchi front
Me too so I did some digging on the ducati.com website and configurator on what the Hyperstrada comes with that you'd need to, and can add via the DP accessories catalog, it ain't gonna be cheap! The only things that it doesn't appear can be up-fitted to a Hypermotard SP from the Hyperstrada are the centerstand and the bar risers don't appear to be offered. I'm guessing the centerstand can't work on the SP, likely due to its longer suspension travel and overall height. So here are some estimates...

Hyperstrada $13,295 (includes at no extra cost: touring seat - $299, side panniers - $959, engine guard kit - $189, larger touring windscreen - $189)

Add all that to a Hypermotard SP and you get hit $16,331 ($14,695 MSRP + $1,636 for the accessories).

I also thought there were som other accessories for the new Hyper that would be nice...

Top Case - $869
DP Type Approve Silencer (Slip On) - $1,999
Heated Grips - $289

Add those to the Hyperstrada SP or what ever we'll call it and you're in Multistrada S Touring territory at $19,488

The silencer really surprised me with its cost, but it includes the catalytic convertor in it. Is that something we'll probably see driving up the cost of aftermarket exhaust that want to remain legal/friendly soon?

Still, it is pretty and you'd likely not see too many out and about I'd guess:

I also realize this has greatly deviated from the original thread so I'll move it over to the RoadWarriors Hyperstrada thread if the collective feels it should be.

ducatisarge screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 01:56 PM
ducatisarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #3949
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,360
Is there some belief that aftermarket exhaust will have catalytic converters in them in the future ?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #3950
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
I might be wrong on the year (it was either an '07 or '08) but I'm absolutely positive it had 50mm Marzocchi's that were fully adjustable.
Your sir are correct !

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/103/74...ard-1100S.aspx
Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #3951
ten.98
...leave a trail

Oddometer: 51
TKC80's

Doing a charity dual sport run tomorrow. Got some new tires to mark the occasion. Wish I would have had these two months ago when I was on the TLH.

Damn that's a sexy bike.
ten.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #3952
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten.98 View Post
Doing a charity dual sport run tomorrow. Got some new tires to mark the occasion.
Nice!

Be sure to report back on how the TKC's worked for you.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #3953
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Doing a charity dual sport run tomorrow. Got some new tires to mark the occasion. Wish I would have had these two months ago when I was on the TLH.

Damn that's a sexy bike.

Nice tires
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #3954
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
You mind posting close up pics of your GPS and radar detector setup? I am trying to figure out an eloquent way of mounting a GPS and a GoPro camera. Most of the options ruin the aesthetic appeal of the MTS. So curious what you've done there.

Thanks.

Quote:

Damn that's a sexy bike.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #3955
ten.98
...leave a trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
You mind posting close up pics of your GPS and radar detector setup? I am trying to figure out an eloquent way of mounting a GPS and a GoPro camera. Most of the options ruin the aesthetic appeal of the MTS. So curious what you've done there.

Thanks.
Kinda blurry, but best I have:

I use the Adaptiv Mount that the company that makes the radar detector makes. I have a aftermarket handlebar clamp that allows you to attach a RAM mount which the GPS mounts to, and then a Tech Mount for the XM antenna.

The GPS placement looks stock and the adaptiv mount also looks very nice. I'm not happy with the tech mount because the way it fits the bike requires you to use bolts that are over sized and then you need spacers to take up the slack. I'll probably ditch it for another Adaptiv mount. I like techmounts in general, it's just the control mount doesn't work very well with the MTS.

I'll see if I can get some better pics tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #3956
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,889
Quote:

Damn that's a sexy bike.

Dead Sexy!

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #3957
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Thanks. That's helpful. Last question - is this the clamp you use http://flightcomp.com/Ducati-Multisr...ndle-Bar-Clamp

Quote:
Kinda blurry, but best I have:

I use the Adaptiv Mount that the company that makes the radar detector makes. I have a aftermarket handlebar clamp that allows you to attach a RAM mount which the GPS mounts to, and then a Tech Mount for the XM antenna.

The GPS placement looks stock and the adaptiv mount also looks very nice. I'm not happy with the tech mount because the way it fits the bike requires you to use bolts that are over sized and then you need spacers to take up the slack. I'll probably ditch it for another Adaptiv mount. I like techmounts in general, it's just the control mount doesn't work very well with the MTS.

I'll see if I can get some better pics tomorrow.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #3958
ten.98
...leave a trail

Here's some better pictures of my GPS and Radar mounts for those that were asking:

Adaptiv Control Mount:

Flight Comp Handle Bar Clamp:

Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #3959
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 195
Where do you mount your Uzi on that thing? You could easily ride that thing right thru the apocalypse. Fastly too.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #3960
ten.98
...leave a trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
Thanks. That's helpful. Last question - is this the clamp you use http://flightcomp.com/Ducati-Multisr...ndle-Bar-Clamp
Yessir.