Edit: have to bail Sunday morning super super early

THANKS JOEL

airborndad screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 11:54 AM
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #47
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Put me in with a tentative +1 non advrider member..

F800GS and a KTM650

Will ride in/camp

And, will be riding in from Sacramento area if anyone local/bay area wants to meet up and head down together
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #48
r3r3r
Wildebeast

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR BADGER View Post
Sounds like a fun trip. I am nOOb, just got aXR650L and am in the SF valley-and looking to get some time in on the bike. If I wanted to hotel, when do you need to know by? My bike does not have any place for gear yet.
Welcome to ADV!

If you are a n00b and plan on riding in from LA, you might want to meet up with some others making the trek (for safety/route planning/etc.).

Alternatively, you might want to see if someone has space in a truck/trailer for you and your bike, or if someone can haul your camping gear (if you are riding in). Either of those options may work better for you - the hotel rooms tend fill up pretty quick (contact Joel/NSFW soon if you want one).
r3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #49
XR BADGER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3r3r View Post
Welcome to ADV!

If you are a n00b and plan on riding in from LA, you might want to meet up with some others making the trek (for safety/route planning/etc.).

Alternatively, you might want to see if someone has space in a truck/trailer for you and your bike, or if someone can haul your camping gear (if you are riding in). Either of those options may work better for you - the hotel rooms tend fill up pretty quick (contact Joel/NSFW soon if you want one).
nOOb for sure, and thanks for the help. Once I can nail down the time, I will line up the logistics for what looks like a great ADV ride. All the help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR BADGER View Post
Sounds like a fun trip. I am nOOb, just got aXR650L and am in the SF valley-and looking to get some time in on the bike. If I wanted to hotel, when do you need to know by? My bike does not have any place for gear yet.

Hi XRBad

Regarding a room, Panamint has a limited number available. The Rally has them all reserved so you have to let us know you want one and then you call up to PSR and put your CC reservation in. They won't last much longer is the bad news, but if you want to ride and need camping gear hauled up, a number of inmates will be trucking from the SF Valley area and can haul stuff for a slight fee Usually cold and wet brews cover that..

Spafxer
jim
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #51
dirtmech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcfly View Post
Yup........so IN!!

Put me down along with Dirtmechanic and Bizzzz for now, might have two others.
What the hell we doing here??
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #52
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluOfDenver View Post
Well Joel, since you make the haul out to join us for RMAR, I'm putting this on my calendar for 2013. I got a new truck, so I just need to pick up a trailer. Would love to ride in, but riding over the Rockies can be sketchy that time of year. Then again, maybe I'll just try studding my tires....

Learned my lesson from Ophir, and will def have knobbies on for these off road weekends! I love Death Valley and can't wait to work on those off-road skills a bit more. Maybe by the end of next summer I won't feel like such a noob anymore.

All Right ! The first of the Colorado Contingent to come on board... You'll do just fine on these rides.. Just bring lots of fuel, the distances can be large. (and remove the large metal panniers for safety)

Let us know if you'll be tenting or what when you get a chance.

Spafxer
jim
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post

another objective of this event is to raise money for charitable organizations dedicated protecting our cause - the enjoyment of the outdoors and sharing of the trails and public lands. donations had been made to california off-road vehicle association (corva), blue ribbon society (brc) and stewards of the sequioas (sos). couple of years ago, we raised a good amount of $ and were sent to "rider down foundation" through jimmy lewis. we plan to do the same thing again this time.

Good on you guys for making the event something more than just a ride. I am thrilled with the trend to fund-raise to keep our right to ride the areas we love.

I gotta tell you....Death Valley is on my short list. I would love to do this ride, but am tied up the very next weekend on the.......

RMAR Kokopelli/Moab Ride

This is a popular time to ride those areas that are blisteringly hot, 6 months out of the year.

Actually, I am thinking about heading out there the middle of February with the wife on a 2-up Adventure Ride.

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #54
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
IN, room reserved, Thurs-Sun, not sure yet on the grub but I'll let you know. I'm gettin old so as of now I'll drive the truck with the DR in the back, but I may end up riding the 990.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #55
LuluOfDenver
The peanut gallery.

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
All Right ! The first of the Colorado Contingent to come on board... You'll do just fine on these rides.. Just bring lots of fuel, the distances can be large. (and remove the large metal panniers for safety)

Let us know if you'll be tenting or what when you get a chance.

Spafxer
jim
Gotta get the Colorado crew out to see how awesome Death Valley is! Fuel range is no problem and I'll no doubt be tenting, but don't know if I'll try to hook up and come in with someone.

And I'm NOT the girl who rode with the gigantic panniers!! All I ride with is my tank bag--Jesse bags were on the OTHER girl's bike. People keep mixing us up

GIRL ON A MOTORBIKE
Http://louisesbmwbike.blogspot.com
LuluOfDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #56
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,917
Joel,

I will be there with Dainbramage, RWG65 and most likely ScottP. We will be trucking/riding in and need a tent space for three tents.

Arrival Thursday depart on Sunday. We are in for SOS dinner and will do separate meals the rest of the time.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
4STAR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
JUST FOUND THIS AND MAY CONSIDER GOING. LONG HAUL FROM IOWA BUT MAY GO IF I CAN SHARE A RIDE. I have V-strom 1000
Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #58
nwemerys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Looks great, I missed last years. Count me in: riding, tent camping, meals. Thanks!
nwemerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #59
Shockdoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
In x2.. Thu-Sun, truck in, 450x/KTM 530, PMed Joel on rooms.
Shockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #60
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 759
Jesus arose out of the desert and said thou shalt ride on the day of my resurrection. (and ride in the desert if that works) and thou shalt turn water into wine (and beer if you must).

That is my vision as a good Christian.

I might be IN this time.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote