ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #55291
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,220
Darn ojay sorry to hear missed ya! However the look on your face as we rode by does sound priceless! thanks again Charlie and everyone, we had a great time.
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #55292
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,232
Doc I was just providing garage space in case I decide to burn the garage....(for the insurance cash) just sayin
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #55293
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Darn ojay sorry to hear missed ya! However the look on your face as we rode by does sound priceless! thanks again Charlie and everyone, we had a great time.

I kinda worried about Shelly and the Erbie Campground road. I won't worry anymore..she's a great rider!...
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #55294
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer
 
spagthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 14,370
Lots of friendly folks. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
don't limit that to rogers..anywhere in NWA would be good and I am sure someone here will jump right on this for you..good luck
I only mentioned Rogers because that's most likely where I'll get a place, or Bentonville, and was just worried about being able to get back to the bike to ride it home. One person with two vehicles makes things complicated at times. Wish I actually owned a trailer at times, even though it would rarely get used. GS won't exactly go on my bumper hitch carrier...
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #55295
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,161
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #55296
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Lots of friendly folks. Awesome.



I only mentioned Rogers because that's most likely where I'll get a place, or Bentonville, and was just worried about being able to get back to the bike to ride it home. One person with two vehicles makes things complicated at times. Wish I actually owned a trailer at times, even though it would rarely get used. GS won't exactly go on my bumper hitch carrier...
But it will fit on a Harbor Freight 12" tire 4/8 foldable on sale now around $250. Coupons in their flyers.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #55297
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
But it will fit on a Harbor Freight 12" tire 4/8 foldable on sale now around $250. Coupons in their flyers.
Heck, I'll loan you a open trailer to haul stuff for your move. 6.5 X 12 ( 2" ball ) ( single axle ) or so,I have not measured it yet. How far you moving from & how much stuff you got?
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #55298
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer
 
spagthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 14,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
But it will fit on a Harbor Freight 12" tire 4/8 foldable on sale now around $250. Coupons in their flyers.
Problem I always have though, is what to do with it the rest of the time. I move around a lot and don't always have a garage. Same reason I can never lug all my tools around.

Also not sure I trust the axles/wheels/bearings on those HF trailers, but maybe they would be alright for short hauls. I thought about one of those trailer in a bags, but they want ridiculous (!!!!) money for what they are.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #55299
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer
 
spagthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 14,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
Heck, I'll loan you a open trailer to haul stuff for your move. 6.5 X 12 ( 2" ball ) ( single axle ) or so,I have not measured it yet. How far you moving from & how much stuff you got?
I appreciate the offer, but won't be able to pick it up. I will have stuff in two places, and I'm just going to make a straight run from one to the next and to NWA. The shortest run to NWA is 700 miles one way, so not something I want to make another trip for. If I can't haul it with what I have, I probably don't need it.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #55300
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Doc I was just providing garage space in case I decide to burn the garage....(for the insurance cash) just sayin
If you change your mind about torching the garage give me a heads up, I got a bike I want to roll in there.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #55301
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Problem I always have though, is what to do with it the rest of the time. I move around a lot and don't always have a garage. Same reason I can never lug all my tools around.

Also not sure I trust the axles/wheels/bearings on those HF trailers, but maybe they would be alright for short hauls. I thought about one of those trailer in a bags, but they want ridiculous (!!!!) money for what they are.
I bought one for a trip to Ouray, co. And back to KC no probs then sold for about what I had on it. Prob over 1800 miles.
__________________
DL650
DR650
98 KTM RXCe
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #55302
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,161
mornin fellers

rainin over here
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #55303
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: NW Arkansas, Hills and Curves close at hand
Oddometer: 1,530
Still ach

Thumb, shoulder and leg are still aching from Saturday morning's rubber made lid .

See Doc slow hurts. Most my issues happen at less than 10 mph. Thus I followed Magoo most of the day to work on my slow riding reaction speed. Just kidding Magoo, you were moving right along following before lunch.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #55304
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,389
LOL, I didn't even know you fell.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #55305
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout View Post
Thumb, shoulder and leg are still aching from Saturday morning's rubber made lid .

See Doc slow hurts. Most my issues happen at less than 10 mph. Thus I followed Magoo most of the day to work on my slow riding reaction speed. Just kidding Magoo, you were moving right along following before lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
LOL, I didn't even know you fell.
now we get word that he fell over? anyone can ride a bike fast, a skilled rider can ride one slow!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014