ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #18601
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecreek View Post
Well went to osuckies near the regal at short pump this evening. Prices cheap but sushi not so good maybe it was a bad night.
Hey Mike while you are at it I need you to check my tire pressure and valves
Goose- I've never been to that one, I know the one on River Rd is descent. Try the other one we discussed down behind the Bank of America...Aviba or some thing like that. Another not Sushi but Vietnamese and excellent Restaurant is MeKong on Broad St. One of my favorites and try the Beef & Chix Grilled Platter. You will not be disappointed I promise.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #18602
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecreek View Post
Well went to osuckies near the regal at short pump this evening. Prices cheap but sushi not so good maybe it was a bad night.
Hey Mike while you are at it I need you to check my tire pressure and valves
Wow. Been going there on/off for the better part of a decade and have never had a problem with the quality of food there, though they can get ridiculously slammed so the wait can be another story. Sorry your experience varied.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #18603
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,098
I am riding today, can leave around 11:00 and be gone until dinner...Big bikes, little bikes, street, dirt, mixed, fast, slow, whatever...I don't care, I just want to ride and have an excuse to get me out of a all afternoon trip to "build a Bear" with 14 Girl Scouts! Help me!

Let me know...
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #18604
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I am riding today, can leave around 11:00 and be gone until dinner...Big bikes, little bikes, street, dirt, mixed, fast, slow, whatever...I don't care, I just want to ride and have an excuse to get me out of a all afternoon trip to "build a Bear" with 14 Girl Scouts! Help me!

Let me know...
I could be up for a little local trail riding later. Holler if you want to do that.
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #18605
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Quote:

Let me know...
Wish I could help a brotha out...but my window of opportunity to ride is from 9-2 so will going to the Richmond BMW Riders Club breakfast meeting at 9:30 at Babes in Carytown and maybe joining that group ride. All are welcome, the ride usually starts about 10:30. I need to be back for an early Thanksgiving Feast with my side of the family this afternoon. Have fun everyone.

DirtDoctor screwed with this post 11-18-2012 at 05:58 AM
DirtDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #18606
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 904
rides

Hey guys...
If any of you inmates get out on the big bikes ride up to Orange VA. Brenda is going to jump around noon. Would love to get in a ride in after she/we jumps. I will have my phone with me. Its a beautiful day in Orange VA. Please show her some support. For goodness sake she is jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!

Im leaving the house around 10 to slowly make my way up and around Lake Anna then over to Orange.

Dan .... if we get back earlier than expected Forest Hill sounds good to me. If not today Im up for it anytime tomorrow. Lets stay in touch.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #18607
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 663
So I beelined to Orange, but as an alt to 64/15/20, I took the following route that I would be happy to repeat on a bike: 64 W to 208/Courthouse Rd N to 33 W briefly in Louisa to Ellisville Dr / 669 N to Monrovia / 612 W to 20 N the last 3 or so miles.

Chuck, good grief, I launched off a perfectly good ski run with a paraglider on my back without a whole bunch of cheerleaders ...it was simply way too fun to miss out on! :) Will send you a note when a rough jump time is established.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #18608
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,493
I honey-did all day yesterday and unless I get out of here, will be doing it again today. So yeah, if your back early let me know.
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #18609
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Quote:

Let me know...
Wish I could have helped...Have 25 people showing up at the house this week and the washing machine took a $hiet yesterday. Guess I know where I am heading today, and not on the bike.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #18610
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
So I beelined to Orange, but as an alt to 64/15/20, I took the following route that I would be happy to repeat on a bike: 64 W to 208/Courthouse Rd N to 33 W briefly in Louisa to Ellisville Dr / 669 N to Monrovia / 612 W to 20 N the last 3 or so miles.

Chuck, good grief, I launched off a perfectly good ski run with a paraglider on my back without a whole bunch of cheerleaders ...it was simply way too fun to miss out on! :) Will send you a note when a rough jump time is established.
Blue Skies Brenda.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #18611
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
Wish I could have helped...Have 25 people showing up at the house this week and the washing machine took a $hiet yesterday. Guess I know where I am heading today, and not on the bike.
Dayam!! You have that many kids?? Thought those were the only ones that carried laundry home.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #18612
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,098
Dan and I are going to do some local dual spoort riding for a couple of hours on the small bikes, meeting at his house around 12:45...all are welcome. GS's and other barges might have some trouble on some of the areas we will be going to ride...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #18613
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 904
Skydiving

It's official Brenda and I both made a jump today. Congrats Brenda on a great job! Video and stills are coming.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #18614
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Congrats Brenda!

Jimmy
Rctr
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #18615
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Face plant after action report with coveted toe picture.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post20071265

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote