Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
hammerhoot OP
dual season rider

Oddometer: 98
Ok, we decided, It's the Trans-Lab I say! Many questions though

Ok, summer 2013, we will be leaving Pennsylvania for 16 days to do the Trans-Lab.

Bikes on trip - 2

2009 R 1200 GS

2011 R 1200 GS Adventure

My first question is, will my Adventure be able to make all of the necessary fuel stops without the need for me to carry extra fuel? 9 gallon fuel tank.

Will my other riding buddy be able to make the necessary fuel stops with his standard GS without carrying spare fuel? 5.2 gallon tank.

We will be coming up through the Gaspe' and grabbing the Ferry at Matane. Then running to the end, taking a ferry to Newfoundland, running the coast, then grabbing a ferry to Nova Scotia and on back to the states. Are reservations on those ferries mandatory and or recommended? I assume Manic 5 is a stop for sure to take a tour if possible and stay there. Any other stops on way to Churchill Falls that are worth stopping at? We will be doing the tour at Churchill for sure. Will be camping out as much as possible as long as the weather holds. How long would it take from Manic 5 to the end to grab the ferry to Newfoundland assuming good weather? And finally, tires, we both believe that a fresh set of Heidenau K-60 Scout's would be a good choice for this trip. Anybody agree of disagree with our choice? Again, this seems like a serious trip that needs planned out and time needs to be taken to prepare. Food and the possible need for medical supplies are a must that should be taken into consideration. Does the Canadian Government or private radio stations broadcast weather reports on the AM band? We have portable radio's that can run on batteries and a self contained hand crank power supply, or is this something that is not needed as the area seems to be extremely desolate and probably not many radio broadcasts anyhow. As many thoughts and opinions would be sincerely appreciated!!!

Faster Horses

Younger Women

Older Whiskey

And More Money!
hammerhoot is offline   Reply With Quote