Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,245
I don't know. I mean where are you going to put the teddy bear?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #92
mngl1500
[]

Oddometer: 682
Nothing new... There has been a company making replacement backs for Wings already and if you like the short windsheild get the electronic adjustable one from Firecreek (or cheap out and get the standard one).

Besides they took a huge step backwards by making the centerstand and the self canceling turn signals options and completely removing reverse, and the removed other options butthey did lower the price down to $20,000 instead of $24,000 (for the base model)

Here are more they have done up this way that you can look at if you want to
mngl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #93
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
Have you ever ridden a Wing? The bottom of the fairing does not hit you in the shins. Also, highway pegs are actually quite functional on these bikes.

Yes, I have. My brother whom I often travel with has one, and we swap bikes. I should have clarified: the bottom edge of the fairing hits me in the calves/shin area when I put my feet on the highway pegs...which are attached to engine crash bars.

My brother has to wear high boots or his lower leg gets irritated by the rubbing agains the fairing.

And yes, the highway pegs are quite functional...but the width of the engine requires me to splay my legs waaay more than I like. That's all.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #94
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mngl1500 View Post
Nothing new... There has been a company making replacement backs for Wings already and if you like the short windsheild get the electronic adjustable one from Firecreek (or cheap out and get the standard one).

Besides they took a huge step backwards by making the centerstand and the self canceling turn signals options and completely removing reverse, and the removed other options butthey did lower the price down to $20,000 instead of $24,000 (for the base model)

Oh man, a higher up backrest for the Mrs. and a huge rack to mount up one of those huge oversize trunks and or anything else...... I'm going to look into this for my fastest yellow 2010'
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #95
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,202
+1
I thought about MBL when I saw the F6B. Much rather do this to an older Wing than buy Honda's version.
I like it but seldom buy new anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngl1500 View Post

BONA-WHO ??
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #96
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,273
OMG, there is even a Pgh. Steeler edition.

That in my opinion is Damn near the perfect bike if you do a lot of two up.

Love my FJR but that could get me to move to a bigger bike

B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #97
kpmsprtd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Warning: For the sake of your wallet, do NOT sit on this bike.

Okay. I am a person who has always scoffed at the very idea of a Gold Wing, saying things like, "It's a car without a roof", and that sort of thing. I have always been opposed to the idea of a motorcycle as big and heavy as the Gold Wing.

But today at the motorcycle show, I got to see one in the flesh and sit on it. It looks great, and that seat is really extraordinary. The CB1100, with its standard sitting position, is comfortable, but this F6B is comfortable on an entirely different level. It feels like you are sitting on a fine rocket ship waiting for take-off. I would love to ride this bike, but would be afraid to because of the high risk of purchasing one.

I did not want to like it. In fact, I wanted to despise it and make fun of it. But it totally won me over. Honda has really done something radically wonderful here.

P.S. The bags open without a key, and appear big enough to be very useful. Still, they are side-loaders rather than top-loaders, which is going to limit what you can put in there.
kpmsprtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #98
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
Learn to park and you won't have to. I got spoiled on my comparatively svelte Honda Shadow, then parked my step-dad's Road King the wrong way in a parking lot. I DON'T have chicken legs and it was still a bitch.
DFW, ______________

Some other places, /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Parking in downtown Seattle could be amusing when I had an FLT. Sure glad I have reverse on my Ural
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #99
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
DFW, ______________

Some other places, /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Parking in downtown Seattle could be amusing when I had an FLT. Sure glad I have reverse on my Ural
You can still back it in, even if you're on a hill.
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #100
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
You can still back it in, even if you're on a hill.
Wait till the only spot you can find is on a one way street facing downhill on a 20% grade.......and cobble stone to boot. Areas of downtown Seattle can be amusing on a big bike.

I suppose the best solution is to have a bike suitable, and suitably equipped for you and your riding environment. I also suspect a full time rider would have different requirements from a recreational rider.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #101
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Wait till the only spot you can find is on a one way street facing downhill on a 20% grade.......and cobble stone to boot. Areas of downtown Seattle can be amusing on a big bike.

I suppose the best solution is to have a bike suitable, and suitably equipped for you and your riding environment. I also suspect a full time rider would have different requirements from a recreational rider.
I still don't see how the bike can't be backed in. Angled parking would have the opening to the parking spot facing uphill, right?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #102
tundra61
I wish I had a title

Oddometer: 997
honda goldwing f6b - what do you think?

hey all - what's your opinion on the looks of the new Honda Goldwing f6b? I am not sure what to make of it. There are some things I like about it - but they could have definitly done a better job on the tail light configuration

http://powersports.honda.com/touring...-wing-f6b.aspx
tundra61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #103
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra61 View Post
hey all - what's your opinion on the looks of the new Honda Goldwing f6b? I am not sure what to make of it. There are some things I like about it - but they could have definitly done a better job on the tail light configuration

http://powersports.honda.com/touring...-wing-f6b.aspx
Uh.... there's a hundred posts or so of people's opinion on the bike here...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #104
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,895
I like it, but a used Rune is about the same price and way more badass'ed.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #105
rider33
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56 View Post
I don't know. I mean where are you going to put the teddy bear?