Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #316
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Anybody know how small/large the gas tank is?
Lyle
I've read 3.8 and 3.9 gals
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #317
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Tough choice between the CB and one of these:

Very different performance specs and a different way of providing the same kind of retro experience, but fun looking nonetheless. I love the V7 racer, but my middle aged body unfortunately doesn't. The Stone with the cast wheels is my 2nd choice.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing! It's funny how the mags and even the makers have a hard time identifying what gets cross shopped. The Bonnies, the V7s and the CB are natural competitors and I'd love to see them in a shootout despite--or perhaps because of--their spec differences.
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #318
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,826
Sorry - 71 MPG in the British rag - BIKE - Page 63 Dec. 2012 edition

Even if it "only"gets 60 MPG that is over 200 MPT(tankful) 1.20095 us gallons/1 imp. gallon = 59 U.S.A. MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
No way will this bike get 75 mpg. I'd be shocked if it got 75 mpg using those funny imperial gallons.
If it does get 75, I'm in
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #319
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmahman View Post
Sorry - 71 MPG in the British rag - BIKE - Page 63 Dec. 2012 edition

Even if it "only"gets 60 MPG that is over 200 MPT(tankful) 1.20095 us gallons/1 imp. gallon = 59 U.S.A. MPG
Quite a disparity:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Hon...100/Review.htm

6l/100km = 39.2 mpg US gallon or 47.1 Imp. Range to empty 240 km or about 149 miles.

40 to 50 mpg sounds a lot more likely than 60 to me. Hope I'm wrong. 50 mpg and 3.9 gallons would work for me. 40 and 3.9 not so much.
Mobiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #320
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,826
You don't think HMC would exaggerate do you???

Quote:
Quite a disparity:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Hon...100/Review.htm

6l/100km = 39.2 mpg US gallon or 47.1 Imp. Range to empty 240 km or about 149 miles.

40 to 50 mpg sounds a lot more likely than 60 to me. Hope I'm wrong. 50 mpg and 3.9 gallons would work for me. 40 and 3.9 not so much.
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #321
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie1 View Post
Did you take any pictures at the show you could post for us to see? I'd love to see one in person. I'm getting the first one my dealer gets. March/April sounds like a long time to wait.
I saw one a year or so ago. It looks even better in person.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #322
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
2013 honda cb1100

dear honda

the new 2013 cb1100 is the best looking motorcycle in the world for sale at a half way decent price . i still have an irresistible attraction to the ultra cool black 2013 bmw k1300s but this is an entirely different kind of appreciation . the latest modern german fairings and sport touring designs are awesome . now honda releases a retro style bike with four pipes running to the rear and not one square inch of modern fairing design on the whole bike . this is honda at its best . it is as if francis coppola decided to make a new godfather movie in 2013 and it was even better than the original . the cb1100 looks like an old style motorcycle without being ridiculous about it and trying to be retro modern ( like some recent retro modern cruiser style bikes ) . the release pictures for the up coming usa import show impressive works of modern no nonsense industrial design . there was another pic of a black model floating around :

this black model ( which unfortunately will not be sold in the usa ) appears to have a black engine along with its other black parts and black gas tank . also this black model appears to have black wheels . i much prefer this black 2013 cb1100 to the red model with chrome engine that will be imported to the usa . i would also like honda to offer additional black parts for the cb1100 black model . the main suggestion would be an optional set of all black four into FOUR exhaust pipes and optional black fenders and optional black headlamp and optional detachable very tall highway windshield plus a short detachable passenger back rest and black rear luggage rack heated grips and cruise control and floorboards for rider and passenger . a totally blacked out four into four pipe 2013 honda cb1100 could be the most beautiful motorcycle ever built in my humble opinion . i would appreciate advice from the knowledgeable readers of this thread if i can possibly contact the honda factory and have these modifications done buy honda motorcycle technicians ( for an extra price ) . it would be worth the price .

doggrell3000
new york ny
doggrell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #323
CajunRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
i would appreciate advice from the knowledgeable readers of this thread if i can possibly contact the honda factory and have these modifications done buy honda motorcycle technicians ( for an extra price ) . it would be worth the price .
Buy a set of after market pipes of your choice, immediately send them off for ceramic coating in black. It will look awesome (I've seen a Valkyrie with this done). You will likely want pipes with a bit more volume than factory anyway... so don't worry about getting Honda to supply them.

Find someone to custom paint the fenders (with matching paint code from Honda) to match the tank. Price varies from one paint shop to the next... so do your homework before you decide on a painter.

As for the engine... this is a bit more difficult. painting will require removing it from the frame. I would suggest powder coat.

That's the best advice I can come up with at the moment. I hope it helps you out.
CajunRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #324
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,215
Floorboards??
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #325
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

blacked out 2013 honda cb1100

dear cajunrider

all of your suggestions are excellent . there still remains the problem of the black engine . although your solutions may be the only available modifications here in the usa -- there still may be some european shops and japanese shops that have this black engine black wheels and black gas tank model sitting in their showroom . i can have it shipped to me at fob new york international port facility on city island ny . then i would only have to replace the chrome four into two exhaust with a black four into four set then paint the fenders glossy black . is it difficult to get honda's cooperation in trying to import the black model ( if it actually is being sold somewhere ) ? thanks for your input .

dogggrell3000
new york ny
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #326
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

floorboards

dear redrocket

the two worst looking accessories for any bike are luggage and floorboards . floorboards give the slow leisurely rider ( who can't lean more than 12 degrees without crashing ) a place to rest his feet while holding on to the toe shift and break peddle . some of us are a little older than we used to be and need added creature comforts on their new bike in order to travel that four hundred miles between motels with as little fatigue as possible . adding floorboards to the 2013 cb1100 is a sign of real noobianship .

doggrell3000
new york ny
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #327
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,308
Quote:
My bet is that it will be a lot closer to 40 than 60 mpg in everyday use and touring duty. 1100cc air-cooled, inline-four, unfaired, etc. All the bikes getting 60 these days are generally smaller, water-cooled, twins with some semblance of a fairing (NC700X, Wee, etc.).

45 mpg x 3.9 gal = 176 miles to pushing. Means that when you're touring you'll probably be looking for gas every 100-120 miles to have a safe reserve. Not a deal-breaker, but 4.5-5.0 used to be more/less the standard UJM fuel capacity - wish Honda had managed to stick to at least this.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #328
McJamie
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
I've read 3.8 and 3.9 gals

Honda Canada shows 14 litres. Not anywhere near enough for a bike like this as far as I can see. With a motor that size, it's probably about 200 kms per tank. My old 900F has a 20 litre tank, a little more appropriate for a big bike.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #329
zuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
When some time back I heard that my local Honda dealer here in Oz had a CB1100 on the floor I couldn't get in there quick enough. I'd read up on all the specs, was disappointed by the fuel tank size but thought hell, I'll work something out.

But when I saw the bike in the metal I was dismayed; it's tiny. I'm 61yo and 187cm, when I sat on the bike that was the deal breaker. The seat to pegs distance was too short, I felt hunched over the bars and cramped for room. I haven't even bothered to chase up a test ride, I love the look of the CB, but I won't be buying one. A friend of mine who is 172cm loves the riding position, it's just right for him, that says it all.

I hope Honda sell heaps of 'em, but I doubt it. My local dealer still has that bike on the floor and I've yet to see one on the road.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #330
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
When some time back I heard that my local Honda dealer here in Oz had a CB1100 on the floor I couldn't get in there quick enough. I'd read up on all the specs, was disappointed by the fuel tank size but thought hell, I'll work something out.

But when I saw the bike in the metal I was dismayed; it's tiny. I'm 61yo and 187cm, when I sat on the bike that was the deal breaker. The seat to pegs distance was too short, I felt hunched over the bars and cramped for room. I haven't even bothered to chase up a test ride, I love the look of the CB, but I won't be buying one. A friend of mine who is 172cm loves the riding position, it's just right for him, that says it all.

I hope Honda sell heaps of 'em, but I doubt it. My local dealer still has that bike on the floor and I've yet to see one on the road.
Damn. Looking at the pictures of it, this is what I'm afraid of. I'm about 183cm tall and...."fluffy"

I have a feeling this bike as pretty as it is, isn't going to work for me. Damn.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote