User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 AM   #31
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Well, I broke down and paid the $25 for a pair of Exofficio boxer briefs. Tried them out on my 5 day Texas trip. The wife thought I was kidding and just laughed when I told her I was gonna wear them for 5 days. I actually also took 2 regular pair in case things didnt go well. After 5 days they still had life left in them. They were not funky and were still comfortable. I also wore the same pair of jeans for 5 days. Socks were worn 2 days each pair and I wore the same t-shirt for two days at a time.
So now, I am getting another pair of the Exofficio's and that will be all the underwear I need. I just need to find a good pair of socks now.
I can wear a pair of jeans for a month or so, no worries
2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #32
BikeBrother
Motorisch gestoord

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Well, I broke down and paid the $25 for a pair of Exofficio boxer briefs. Tried them out on my 5 day Texas trip. The wife thought I was kidding and just laughed when I told her I was gonna wear them for 5 days. I actually also took 2 regular pair in case things didnt go well. After 5 days they still had life left in them. They were not funky and were still comfortable. I also wore the same pair of jeans for 5 days. Socks were worn 2 days each pair and I wore the same t-shirt for two days at a time.
So now, I am getting another pair of the Exofficio's and that will be all the underwear I need. I just need to find a good pair of socks now.
I always wear my underwear 1 week. Then turn it inside out and wear it 1 week more...

Ride your Dreams....
BikeBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #33
Blur
Beaned

Oddometer: 3,896
Quote:
Na. The female pads with wings make me feel more manly and still keep me feeling fresh!
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #34
mark1150
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeBrother View Post
I always wear my underwear 1 week. Then turn it inside out and wear it 1 week more...
That's very clean... I wear mine every day, and give them the stick test.
I throw them against a wall and if they stick I turn them inside out, then on the forth rotation they are not only inside out but back to front!
mark1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #35
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeBrother View Post
Back to front another week, then inside out and back to front for another week.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #36
mark1150
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
Back to front another week, then inside out and back to front for another week.
This must be a British thing.. see the post above yours!
mark1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #37
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 6,195
God forbid there's a crash and you're asked which skid marks belong to you....
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #38
rboett
posser noob 205

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHandy View Post
Smartwool socks are super comfortable and don't get as funky as some. The ones made for skiing are generally my favorite, they are comfy, padded in the right areas, and they stay up on your calf without sagging.
+1 on the smartwool. Watch the REI site, you can usually find some on sale or in the outlet section
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #39
MR. MYOPIC
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Puke Clean T shirt

12 days cycling in Portugal. Wore same Che Guevara T shirt every day on bike with no wash. Coz i can
MR. MYOPIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
burmbuster OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Well, to me, packing lite is everything. I have Wolfman Expedition panniers and a Trax top box so as I sort everything out I am finding I need room for camping gear. I really don't want to travel looking like the Clampet's on the Beverly Hillbillys. The only thing I want in a duffle is my tent.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #41
ET-VT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboett View Post
+1 on the smartwool. Watch the REI site, you can usually find some on sale or in the outlet section
Smartwool are nice and I have a few of their shirts that I love, but I've found Darn Tough to be much, much more durable for socks. If they're primarily riding socks, it's probably not a big deal, but when walking a lot, my Darn Tough socks have lasted at least 3X longer than Smartwools.
ET-VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #42
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-VT View Post
Smartwool are nice and I have a few of their shirts that I love, but I've found Darn Tough to be much, much more durable for socks. If they're primarily riding socks, it's probably not a big deal, but when walking a lot, my Darn Tough socks have lasted at least 3X longer than Smartwools.
+1 for the darn tough socks. I am very hard on socks and generally blow through them very quickly (14 hour days with heavy boots walking on concrete). The smartwool are generally more comfortable but for the difference in how long they last I will stick with darntough. This is based off trying tons if different socks and brands. If there is one think I enjoy spending money, its quality socks.

As for the underwear, I wear both the exofficio and under armor everyday alternating throughout the week. Basically the only underwear I own. Multiple of each. All day comfort I love my boxer shorts from under armor and will choose them for day trips anytime. As for extended wearing periods the exofficio wins hands down for staying fresher, and more comfortable longer. Both great underwear and excellent quality but depends on what I'm doing for when I wear them.
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #43
tshelver
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
And you find the UnderArmor boxers to have the same multi-day bacterial/stink fighting quality? What are they made of?

I own UnderArmor shirts and they get rank. That's just not what these guys are looking for.
Washed every day, I have not had problems. I have issues wearing clothes more than once without washing them my whole life.
I guess an early life of presumed colonial ease and sensibilities living in southern Africa must have developed that....
Or maybe just living and traveling in hot climates...

The material is different to the shirts I have. They do cling a bit more, but that is part of the comfort / support thing, as they are not cut to fit slightly loose like the ExOfficios are.
'06 Husky TE610 (gone)
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #44
Mr. Fisherman
oneandahalfassed

Oddometer: 10,357
Quote:
Quote:
Awsome info. I will start a search for the ultimate socks!
I bought a pair of these...

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...cessor=content

IT won't be my last pair. high enough for my MX boots and all day comfortable at work.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #45
John E
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Dry Max...

socks from Mario at LDComfort. He has them in tall boot length and in shorter, more like a normal sock length.

They're the best sock I've worn for riding, I wear them with Sidi boots and they stop the chafing of the boot on my legs that exists if I'm not wearing a pair of his LDComfort tights.

I also wear the shorter version at work with a pair of Eco boots, they also work great, keep the feet dry and comfortable.

He also offers an inmate discount, find him in the Vendors area.

His LDComfort underwear is the best thing since sliced bread to wear under your riding gear too.

"1952 Vincent Black Lightning"
Richard Thompson
John E is offline   Reply With Quote